RS1

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
35,000 and change. Dealer says keep an eye on coolant level. Water pump expected end of December. Such bullshit. Keep an eye on it. So if my engine fails? I’ve told my dealer Lakeland Ford has water pumps and gaskets on their website and let’s expedite this foolishness. Crickets. When the phone don’t ring I’ll know it’s my dealer.
Most definitely my last Ford.
Sponsored

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Keep an eye on it.
So they gonna hand over a free gallon of antifreeze while pump is back ordered! so you can top it off?

RS1

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Nope. Had to pay for that. Called to tell them of the problem at 34,000 and change. Three weeks for an appointment. I said if I go over 36,000 will 3 year/36,000 be honored? They said if you get close bring it in and leave it until your appointment. Well I got Covid and didn’t drive for 2 weeks. Thank goodness for Covid?

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
Nope. Had to pay for that. Called to tell them of the problem at 34,000 and change. Three weeks for an appointment. I said if I go over 36,000 will 3 year/36,000 be honored? They said if you get close bring it in and leave it until your appointment. Well I got Covid and didn’t drive for 2 weeks. Thank goodness for Covid?
I really think the dealership forgot who and what a customer is !!! What the hell , do better.

Ford Bronco Sport Failed water pump 60EEBF00-CC2C-4044-A295-708DE46C89FB

RS1

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I can’t say it enough, my last Ford and I’ve been a customer since 1979 when I ordered an E250.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
I can’t say it enough, my last Ford and I’ve been a customer since 1979 when I ordered an E250.
I would get online read dealer reviews including Lincoln dealers and see if you can find a better dealer. Yeah most Ford dealers are useless unable unwilling incapable of fixing anything they want you to go away and never come back. But there are good ones out there. My father in law takes his '14 mustang to Lincoln dealer for warranty work. All I ever hear from him is how much he loves that dealer he yap yap yap my ear off how great that dealer is. He even buys tires from Lincoln dealer had them fix a dent and scraped wheel wont take his car anywhere else.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Got my water pump in two days.
My dealer paid the up charge for next day air.
Just sayin’
I keep posting this in the various water pump threads. My posts seem to vanish. I don’t know but I’m beginning to suspect a bot is wiping me.
But they let me post all kinds of bat chit crazy stuff, so
Maybe I’m paranoid.
;’P

Major Kong

Base
First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport aka "Spark Plug"
Got my water pump in two days.
My dealer paid the up charge for next day air.
Just sayin’
I keep posting this in the various water pump threads. My posts seem to vanish. I don’t know but I’m beginning to suspect a bot is wiping me.
But they let me post all kinds of bat chit crazy stuff, so
Maybe I’m paranoid.
;’P
:D
No one's out to get you
*yet*

Jumbo1953

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
The right dealership means everything. Reineke Ford is the right dealership. They treat me like a king. I’ve never been treated bad or got the run around from Reineke.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Dealer says keep an eye on coolant level. Water pump expected end of December. Such bullshit. Keep an eye on it. So if my engine fails?
I'm with Bill in that your dealership should at least have offered a gallon of coolant while you wait for parts, but as long as you do as instructed--i.e. keep an eye on the coolant level in the reservoir--there is little danger of engine failure due to lack of coolant. Aside from visually checking your coolant level, your car features a warning system to let you know if the coolant level falls to a dangerous level, so there is another monitoring system aside from you actually looking at the reservoir. Additionally, if coolant level drops while you're driving and the automated monitoring system happens to fail at the same time, your engine will eventually get hot enough for the powertrain control module (PCM) to enable limp mode operation. In limp mode, the PCM limits engine power to prevent damage. The engine still operates, albeit at much lower power. If at that point engine heat approaches levels that can cause engine damage the PCM will simply shut it down preventing even limp mode operation. In short, there are layers of safeguards built in to prevent engine damage from loss of coolant.

If it were me, I would not operate the engine in limp mode, but I can afford to pay for a tow. Theoretically you can operate the engine indefinitely in limp mode without damage; it will simply shut itself down if further operation would result in damage. You won't have full power in limp mode, and you probably won't be able to go fast enough to drive on the interstate, but you can get drive your car to a shop if you can't afford a tow.

I understand the frustration; owners have a new car that doesn't work properly and repairs are taking a very long time. I have no doubt that some of this is Ford's fault, but there are worldwide supply chain shortages right now that are contributing. I think your dealer is giving you the best available advice: drive your car, but take appropriate precautions due to the coolant leak. The alternative is to let it sit in the driveway or in the parking lot at your dealership. I'd follow the advice and keep driving it.

RS1

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Thank you.
I have let “my” dealer know that Lakeland Ford has pumps and gaskets on their website for immediate shipping. Don’t know why this is so hard.
. I appreciate your advice.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
X
Thank you.
I have let “my” dealer know that Lakeland Ford has pumps and gaskets on their website for immediate shipping. Don’t know why this is so hard.
. I appreciate your advice.
Some times parts show in stock that aren't in stock. And a lot of dealers are a bunch of circus bozos.

RS1

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I would get online read dealer reviews including Lincoln dealers and see if you can find a better dealer. Yeah most Ford dealers are useless unable unwilling incapable of fixing anything they want you to go away and never come back. But there are good ones out there. My father in law takes his '14 mustang to Lincoln dealer for warranty work. All I ever hear from him is how much he loves that dealer he yap yap yap my ear off how great that dealer is. He even buys tires from Lincoln dealer had them fix a dent and scraped wheel wont take his car anywhere else.
It has been Ford corporate lack of customer service since my 2002 Excursion purchased new had the frame turn to swiss cheese and the door bottoms and rockers disintegrated. Toyota admitted to crappy steel frames and stepped up. Ford, crickets. Excursion had less than 90,000 on it and was pampered. Next was no corporate support when the 2012 Fusion, also purchased new, had the passenger airbag recall performed. Coincidence that the instrument panel shit the bed on the way home from that debacle. Oh, our dealers are independent. Thanks. Next 2017 Explorer purchased new. Some recall for rear linkage causing uneven rear tire wear. Yes Ford will fix the links but no provisions for premature tire wear. So my panties are not in a bunch just because of the lack of water pump availability for my yes, purchased new, Bronco Sport. It’s years of indifference from Ford. Maybe I’m a glutton for punishment but at this point I think I’ve learned a lesson.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
It has been Ford corporate lack of customer service since my 2002 Excursion purchased new had the frame turn to swiss cheese and the door bottoms and rockers disintegrated. Toyota admitted to crappy steel frames and stepped up. Ford, crickets. Excursion had less than 90,000 on it and was pampered. Next was no corporate support when the 2012 Fusion, also purchased new, had the passenger airbag recall performed. Coincidence that the instrument panel shit the bed on the way home from that debacle. Oh, our dealers are independent. Thanks. Next 2017 Explorer purchased new. Some recall for rear linkage causing uneven rear tire wear. Yes Ford will fix the links but no provisions for premature tire wear. So my panties are not in a bunch just because of the lack of water pump availability for my yes, purchased new, Bronco Sport. It’s years of indifference from Ford. Maybe I’m a glutton for punishment but at this point I think I’ve learned a lesson.
Yeah if you have issue with a new Ford its an issue getting stuff fixed and supply chain makes it worse. I know someone with Toyota truck far out of warranty got whole new frame yep.
Sponsored