Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Got my water pump in two days.
My dealer paid the up charge for next day air.
Just sayin’
I keep posting this in the various water pump threads. My posts seem to vanish. I don’t know but I’m beginning to suspect a bot is wiping me.
But they let me post all kinds of bat chit crazy stuff, so
Maybe I’m paranoid.
;’P
Just because you are paranoid, doesn’t mean they aren’t out to get you.
Sponsored

HUSBANDOFBS

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BB
Add OWNEROFBS's ride to the list. Already been waiting a month and still no sign of a new pump.
Most dealers just purely suck. Most likely no more Fords for us as well. We bought new in 2001 an Escape for me and in 2004 an Escape for her. Both were problematic. We were hoping that nearly 20 years later Ford was past being Ford.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Add OWNEROFBS's ride to the list. Already been waiting a month and still no sign of a new pump.
Most dealers just purely suck. Most likely no more Fords for us as well. We bought new in 2001 an Escape for me and in 2004 an Escape for her. Both were problematic. We were hoping that nearly 20 years later Ford was past being Ford.
That’s too bad. My 2006 Escape was basically trouble free for 17 years other than the rear quarters disintegrating because of the road salt and brine. Unfortunately, the realities are that most cars are pretty reliable now compared to in the past but now have so much technology included it’s getting tougher to fix yourself (myself).

brospoidaho

Big Bend
First Name
Iris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Cross Thread Post: Coolant Leak to Water Pump to entire Engine Replacement.

2021 Bronco Sport BIG BEND 12k miles, slight COOLANT LEAK noted at regular oil change not low on coolant, however lightly colored coolant green visible small puddle (dollar bill sized) noticed after parking (not due to wet weather).

Monday: In shop for scheduled mechanical appt (due to leak)after one month wait. BRAKE RECALL replacement completed.

Tuesday: Dealership reported LEAK at WATERPUMP (ordered Tuesday said to be on back order) and additional testing requested by shop. Rental vehicle requested and delivered to home.

Wednesday: Dealership reported: additional testing showed coolant LEAK IN CYLINDER as well. Resolve-NEW ENGINE ORDER, estimated completion one week.

Note: had also had RATTLE while decelerating between 25-30 miles per hour, shop did not confirm. Will record.

Other issues: BUMP in DASH passenger dash was DEFROST CAM ARM-replaced under warranty. Other issues, EXTERIOR BUMPY FILM that is not easily removed from washing and dealer acid wash, they recommended self pay clay bar, tire chewed up front driver mud flap and only getting LOW 24.1 MPG on eco with light foot (Its not an exaggeration).

Drago77

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Here’s my story. Had my 2021 Bronco Sport in for scheduled oil change, tire rotation. Also had them replace the parts for the brakes which were squealing while it was in reverse. That all sounded nice and easy until they told me about the leaky water pump. I spoke with the mechanic who said the reservoir was empty and there was a small leak with the water pump. Left with a rental and a promise they would do what they could to expedite the part ordering process. This was on Friday, 2/3/23. Was informed today, 2/6/23, the part has not yet been located and I’ll need to wait a few more days. I know there’s been issues with parts all over, so I’m not surprised. I just hope the part comes in soon.

407guy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
looking...
New member here... but to read about the issues within the forum and then see something like this:

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2022-ford-earnings-ceo-jim-farley-2023-outlook/

"Ford did not make enough cars, or make them well enough, or get the parts it needed, all of which resulted in ugly fourth-quarter earnings and a net loss for 2022. "

So I have never personally owned a Ford product but the Bronco Sport really interests me. However, and I'm completely aware there will be more complaints on forums than "things are awesome", I'm getting a bit shy about owning a Ford. Still researching and learning though...

DCNEHRING

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Just got my Ford dealer servicer writer e-comms --- 2021 BigBend 1.5L Water pump is bad @22,000-- on Ford back order. Gonna take HOW long? (he didn't say) He's telling me this was/is the problems with all of my climate control issues.
Here we go. :-[

Rogerthat898

Big Bend
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Water pump replaced on my Big Bend 20K miles.
Dealer had one in stock.

Blue oval fan

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport
New member here... but to read about the issues within the forum and then see something like this:

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2022-ford-earnings-ceo-jim-farley-2023-outlook/

"Ford did not make enough cars, or make them well enough, or get the parts it needed, all of which resulted in ugly fourth-quarter earnings and a net loss for 2022. "

So I have never personally owned a Ford product but the Bronco Sport really interests me. However, and I'm completely aware there will be more complaints on forums than "things are awesome", I'm getting a bit shy about owning a Ford. Still researching and learning though...
That'd the problem with a forum. Everyone that has an issue goes looking for a solution or an opinion, they end up here. Think about how many THOUSANDS of bronco sports are on the road with zero issues. If you go looking for complaints you will be sure to find them no matter the manufacturer. This forum is just a tiny group of owners, mostly enthusiast. The few water pump failures listed here don't worry me one bit to be honest.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Think about how many THOUSANDS of bronco sports are on the road with zero issues. If you go looking for complaints you will be sure to find them no matter the manufacturer.
No doubt you will hear from people with issues long before you hear from those who don't. But...even Ford itself has acknowledged it did not deal with the supply chain issues as well as other manufacturers, and it has issued more recalls than other manufacturers since the pandemic.

That said, I would agree that even though Ford is seeing more new-production issues than other manufacturers, the likelihood of having one is still very small. New car production is so much better than it used to be.

DCNEHRING

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Water pump failed at 16,500 miles. Dealership said 3-4 weeks for replacement. Anyone else having problems?
Got my Big Bend back last week -- they had it 2 weeks. Bob Bell Ford in Glen Burnie was great. Apparently my pump "failed the leakdown test". there were "ZERO" leaks or drips under my car. I aprk in the same spot. All climate controls are back to working properly -- thats why I brought it in -- no heat. I had a 2023 Escape as a loner-- basically the same car, but the Escape was an SEL --- power and heated EVERYthing. My BB-BS is kinda sparse.

HUSBANDOFBS

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BB
Dealer says they sould have our pump, 03-27-2023. Fingers crossed. I've grown really tired of checking the reservoir.

EDIT: 04-06-2023
Just got word the dealer finally has our pump in-hand. Go in for the fix, 04-10-2023. Be good to get this done and off our minds.

EDIT: 04-13-2023
New pump with new part number installed on 04-10-2023. Three days later the coolant level has not gone down. I guess all is good now and I hope all remains good for the life of the vehicle.
Sponsored

Last edited: