Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Never considered side turn signals. I change lanes with a turn signal but never do it with a car next to me,, Duh !!
When I move into an open spot they can see my tail turn signals.
I’ve watched lots of cars change lanes, I see the turn signals in the tail lights.
As for the rare side signals, I’ve noticed a few but not before I see the main signals at the corners.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Never considered side turn signals. I change lanes with a turn signal but never do it with a car next to me,, Duh !!
When I move into an open spot they can see my tail turn signals.
I’ve watched lots of cars change lanes, I see the turn signals in the tail lights.
As for the rare side signals, I’ve noticed a few but not before I see the main signals at the corners.
So you have never once in all your years of driving accidentally started to change lanes when you thought the lane was clear but in reality it was not? I'm not saying that this is a normal occurrence and it has probably only happened to me a few times but I'm not denying that it has happened.

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
So you have never once in all your years of driving accidentally started to change lanes when you thought the lane was clear but in reality it was not? I'm not saying that this is a normal occurrence and it has probably only happened to me a few times but I'm not denying that it has happened.
It's happened to me a few times. In that moment, I was more thankful cars are equipped standard with horns rather than side-mounted or mirror-mounted turn signals. They're a nice touch and I really like the Tectico aftermarket indicator trim, but they're not a necessary safety feature. I'm not buying a rugged soft road vehicle for the fancy trim additions.

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Atlas Blue
While turn indicators on the side mirrors are nice, I like having the blind spot/passing indicator on the side mirror. It’s a nice feature that tells the driver (ME) that there is a car there and not to change lanes. Much more helpful to me then something for other drivers to see. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.