Outer Banks
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Outer Banks (Area 51)
Hi all,

Does anyone know the factory tint that comes on 2022 models? I read on a post made here in 2021 that it was about 20% on the rear. Hoping to get my new OB tinted but trying to figure out which windows already come with it so that I'm not paying extra. Here is what my rear windows read so I assume it's 22% but I could be wrong?

What tint did you go with? I am in Texas where the limit for front side windows is 25%.

View attachment 25679
Sponsored

GR3EN

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Have to keep in mind that untinted glass will never be completely clear. Typically you take off about 2-3% from whatever tint you actually get. So the 22% is likely 25%, but on a tint meter likely reads 22%. So getting tint in texas will likely be 30% which will put you at about 28-27% keeping you legal for state inspections. Actually from Texas myself and am a state inspector.

I can put my tint meter on the rear window on Tueaday when im back at work and let you. Know for sure though.

Last edited:
OP
OP
zachc275

zachc275

Outer Banks
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Outer Banks (Area 51)
Have to keep in mind that untainted glass will never be completely clear. Typically you take off about 2-3% from whatever tint you actually get. So the 22% is likely closer to 20% on a tint meter. So getting tint in texas will likely be 30% which will put you at about 28-27% keeping you legal for state inspections. Actually from Texas myself and am a state inspector.

I can put my tint meter on the rear window on Tueaday when im back at work and let you. Know for sure though.
Oh wow that's actually a good point I didn't think about. So are you saying that if I put 30% tint on the rear windows, it'll bring me down to 28-27%? Or are you only referring to tinting the front? It seems like I shouldn't get any tint for the rear windows if they're already so low so that I can pass state inspection, correct?

Thanks!

GR3EN

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes referring to 30% for the front. The rear windows I would leave as-is since there is no limit for the rear windows in texas and tinting them would require removing the factory tint which can be a hassle to say the least.

OP
OP
zachc275

zachc275

Outer Banks
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Outer Banks (Area 51)
Yes referring to 30% for the front. The rear windows I would leave as-is since there is no limit for the rear windows in texas and tinting them would require removing the factory tint which can be a hassle to say the least.
Ah gotcha, that makes sense. Any darker than what the rear comes with would probably be a little too dark for passengers anyways. Now I just need to figure out if I want to do anything with the windshield— iffy about lowering visibility but am intrigued by the UV protection it could provide for my interior.

GR3EN

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Windshield would have to be just down to the AS-1 line you wouldn't be able to tint the entire windshield without a doctor's excuse. Only takes 1 cop having a bad day.

cxp

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Our 21 BS had privacy glass which is not tint. It’s in the glass. There is still a huge benefit of adding light IR blocking tint to the rear. We added XR plus 70 which just darkened a touch but blocks a ton of heat.

HomePeace

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Big Bend
I did XR Ceramic 30% on the rear to get a net 7%, did 20% on driver/pax and 5% on the windshield Strip. Altho CA only allows 70% on driver/pax, ive had tons of cops and bike cops next to me and no issues. I also don't drive like an idiot.

LilbroncoS

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Is the factory tint or privacy glass built into the glass. Not an actual a top tint.. you cant remove tint from factory privacy glass can you

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
I've had my car windows tinted since 1988. I always went with 30% all around. Since 2014 I've had vehicles with privacy glass on the rear windows from the factory. I now just have the front door windows done with 30%, and an eyebrow of 20% on the top of the windshield. This is just a little lighter than the rears. I think a 20% tint on the front doors would be a good match. Be sure to know your state tinting laws.

GulfCoastBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Yes as one or more stated the back glass and cargo area windows are not a true tiny but a factory haze which is in the glass. I’m also in Texas and did ceramic tint, legal on front windows and step darker on rear. 20% on rear and back if I recall. Looks darker due to haze, but still able too see through at night.

Ford Bronco Sport Factory tint for '22 BS models? 6EF10479-DD65-4D35-B7DF-03AFF56C7CF5

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
I’ve got 20% on the front to match, but I think I’m going to take them all darker so you can’t see in at all.
Sponsored