Extended Warranty/Service Plan - aftermarket vs Ford

gman62

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Outer Banks Edition
I got suckered into an 8 year / 100k with $100 deductible for $3895. This was after they showed me the Ford Protect ESP brochure. I get home and the contract said First Protect from Assurant. Called up Granger on Monday (3 days after) and had my Ford ESP 8/100k/$100 for $1840 with fobs, lights, rental included. This was April 15th vehicle purchase, April 18th Cancellation of First Protect, April 19th Ford ESP and April 20th ESP was in my FordPass app already. I should have just bought my car from Granger and driven it back home across half the country lol.
Wow sounds like a real scumbag dealer to do a switch like that. Not sure why they wouldnt have sold you a Ford ESP for the $3895. Still would have made a ton of money on the Ford Policy. You definitely should hit up social media on that nonsense.
Sponsored

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
First thing I'm telling the finance guy is "hand me the piece of paper I sign saying I decline every single thing you offer me" so I can just cut the check and be done.

HomePeace

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Big Bend
Wow sounds like a real scumbag dealer to do a switch like that. Not sure why they wouldnt have sold you a Ford ESP for the $3895. Still would have made a ton of money on the Ford Policy. You definitely should hit up social media on that nonsense.
Oh Ford already knows. I also left a crap review on the survey, especially calling them out on the warranty switch. Ford was not happy.

BenOutside85

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic, Subaru Outback
I got suckered into an 8 year / 100k with $100 deductible for $3895. This was after they showed me the Ford Protect ESP brochure. I get home and the contract said First Protect from Assurant. Called up Granger on Monday (3 days after) and had my Ford ESP 8/100k/$100 for $1840 with fobs, lights, rental included. This was April 15th vehicle purchase, April 18th Cancellation of First Protect, April 19th Ford ESP and April 20th ESP was in my FordPass app already. I should have just bought my car from Granger and driven it back home across half the country lol.
That’s a great deal. I just was quoted $2340 for the exact same coverage from Granger. I wonder why the big difference since you got yours pretty recently

Dantanman

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Thought so. I kinda knew when I asked it sounded like a dumb question, but still better to ask and be sure.
It is 100% up to the individual dealer. If they don't deal with that particular company they may not honour it. The selling dealer will of course. Very difficult to cancel warranty if they've already registered it with the company.
Sponsored