NavyBOFH

Big Bend
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
Well I drank the Kool Aid when buying this vehicle - and I am now having "buyers remorse" when it comes to the warranty. I let finance add the extended warranty that is sold by Assurant/First Extended Service Corp and then started looking into it yesterday to realize I should have just insisted on the Ford ESP and thrown the money that way.

The current plan is $2495 with a $50 deductible for 6 years/84k miles. I looked at Ziegler and Lombard Ford ESPs and saw I can end up with zero deductible for 6 years/125k miles for the same price with the rental and LED and key service options.

My question is - who here has dealt with canceling one warranty for another? I am thinking of calling the Dealership but feel like those idiots will just try to play the same sales pitch again. Should I just call the extended warranty company and demand a refund and throw it towards Lombard/Ziegler?
Sponsored

retiredguy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BB , 2020 Ecosport, 2017 Escape
Well I drank the Kool Aid when buying this vehicle - and I am now having "buyers remorse" when it comes to the warranty. I let finance add the extended warranty that is sold by Assurant/First Extended Service Corp and then started looking into it yesterday to realize I should have just insisted on the Ford ESP and thrown the money that way.

The current plan is $2495 with a $50 deductible for 6 years/84k miles. I looked at Ziegler and Lombard Ford ESPs and saw I can end up with zero deductible for 6 years/125k miles for the same price with the rental and LED and key service options.

My question is - who here has dealt with canceling one warranty for another? I am thinking of calling the Dealership but feel like those idiots will just try to play the same sales pitch again. Should I just call the extended warranty company and demand a refund and throw it towards Lombard/Ziegler?

I canceled my Subaru extended warranty when I knew I was going to buy the Sport. Tried to go through the dealership with no luck. Went to Subaru of America and they emailed me several forms that had to be signed by the dealer. I was getting the runaround when I finally spoke to the sales manager and a check was sent to me minus a $25 processing fee. It was a hassle but I eventually received a refund.

Shiskamba

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Focus SE Hatch
If we buy the warranty through Ziegler/another dealer, is it still valid to use at our local Ford service shop?

retiredguy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BB , 2020 Ecosport, 2017 Escape
If we buy the warranty through Ziegler/another dealer, is it still valid to use at our local Ford service shop?
I believe you can use it at any Ford dealer.

meckems

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport

I sold a 2016 Mustang that I only had a year with a full warranty. I went into the dealership and talked to the finance manager and they called the company to cancel the warranty. A $2500 check was mailed to me 6 weeks later.

schizorage

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base
It needs to be common knowledge that manufacturer's extended warranties don't have to be signed off on before purchase. I came back to Ford from Honda because of a lying finance department when I bought my wife's Certified Fit. This doesn't make me feel great.

I paid $2500 for a PremiumCARE 7yr/75k with $100 deductible warranty at signing.

Flood is offering an 8yr/125k PremiumCARE with $200 deductible for $2065. If I've got a warranty claim the last thing I'm gonna worry about is the deductible.

That savings is an extra car payment, and based on my driving habits is the closest compromise between time and mileage. They didn't even mention anything longer than 7/75 at any price when I bought my car.

I'm headed to the finance office tomorrow.

OP
OP

NavyBOFH

Big Bend
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
I have a call in to the Finance Manager at my dealership to ask why I was offered only an aftermarket and not a factory option - and why based on my driving habits (nearly 20k a year) I was only offered 6 years/84k miles. He is apparently out for eye surgery but I am sure to get an answer one way or another. I feel like the dude working with me just wanted to go home at the end of the day and I was holding him up...

schizorage

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base
I got mine cancelled. Rather than refunding the previous warranty with a check they're going to credit the money (sans sales tax of course,) toward my loan, which will enable me to pay the loan off 5 months earlier than previously expected... I'm going to make a call to my mechanic on Monday to get a ballpark quote on a timing belt job on the little thing and then decide if I want to carry a warranty longer or bank the extra money toward the maintenance...

I'm certain though, that with all of the ridiculous tech even in the Base, that I'm gonna have to carry the PremiumCARE.

We're all gonna get there, but the important thing is to inform our circles to pass on these warranties at purchase.

schizorage

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base
I have a call in to the Finance Manager at my dealership to ask why I was offered only an aftermarket and not a factory option - and why based on my driving habits (nearly 20k a year) I was only offered 6 years/84k miles. He is apparently out for eye surgery but I am sure to get an answer one way or another. I feel like the dude working with me just wanted to go home at the end of the day and I was holding him up...
Yeah... My dealership was at least up front and honest about what they could do... That's shifty business you got there ?

OP
OP

NavyBOFH

Big Bend
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
The dealership is awesome for service and parts, and sales were awesome. It’s once you get to the finance office they seem to be a little “typical dealer”. That’s why I’m hoping to talk to the finance manager and feel out the situation.
In the end I’d like to keep the extended warranty - but I’d much rather have a factory warranty than some aftermarket mess.

Rvajeff

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Outer Banks 2021
I got sucked into the local Ford dealers maintenance program at a cost of $1300. After a couple of days I called to cancel it and they had a simple form to fill out, like this happens all the time. On that same
form were boxes for Ford ESP and some other items. So I’ll be getting that $1300 back. They tried to get me to buy the top level ESP program as well for something north of $3000 which I laughed at and then bought from Lombard for about $1100.

Midgiesbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Coming from me who is a self employed adjuster for automotive warranty companies stick with ESP. I can say it will pay off in the long run and save you in blood pressure meds compared to dealing with 3rd party warranties. Dealers make more $ selling first extended and the like but the hassle is not worth dealing with

HungLo

Outer Banks
First Name
Siu
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Tesla Model 3
I didn't buy the extended bumper to bumper warranty, but seeing how Ford's warranty is only 36month/36,000 miles I'm kinda worried that I didn't. LOL Why is Ford's warranty so bad compared to others?

SLJ

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport OB
I didn't buy the extended bumper to bumper warranty, but seeing how Ford's warranty is only 36month/36,000 miles I'm kinda worried that I didn't. LOL Why is Ford's warranty so bad compared to others?
The bumper to bumper is 3 yrs/36K miles. The powertrain warranty is longer.

You don't have to purchase the extended warranty when you purchase the vehicle. You have till the end of the first warranty. Just get the extended before the original expires. Shop around for the best prices. Doesn't matter which Ford dealer you buy it from as long as it's the Ford extended warranty. If you get rid of the car before the extended is done you get a rebate for the amount of time/miles that's unused. I always get the ESP. Anything goes wrong it's $50 at any Ford service center.

I've found all most of those other non-Ford companies do is argue with the repair facility about the cost and using quality parts. Puts you in a bad position and often makes the repairs take longer. I learned early in life not to piss off your dentist or the guy that's repairing your car.
Sponsored

Last edited: