Engine hood insulation Fire and sound ?

BroncoBrusier

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Hello All, I am a new Bronco Sport owner as of today. I noticed my Bronco Sport '22 did not have the dragon cover on the engine. I was told they stopped providing them from sales but parts guy looked up my vin and said it should have it. I guess I have to poke the sales team now more why this is. I also have the metal under the hood exposed and I am assuming others do. I always thought cars were suppose to have a firewall blanket under the metal of the hood that also helps vibrations. I was wondering if any of you have fixed this using dynamite or boom mat?

Ford Bronco Sport Engine hood insulation Fire and sound ? tempImageTUvAIl
Sponsored

retiredguy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BB , 2020 Ecosport, 2017 Escape
I purchased the engine cover and installed on my 22 BB the other day. I do not have underhood insulation.

Warpious

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.floracreekplace.com
Vehicle(s)
'08 Merc Mariner, 2012 Mustang (R.I.P), 2022 BS BL
I purchased the engine cover and installed on my 22 BB the other day. I do not have underhood insulation.
None of the '22 models include an engine cover, 1.5 or 2.0. as far as the hood insulation, my BL has it but it seems most BB and base do not, I'm not sure about the OBX models

PonyDriver43

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang EB Premium, 13 F150 Lariat, 18 Tahoe
None of the '22 models include an engine cover, 1.5 or 2.0. as far as the hood insulation, my BL has it but it seems most BB and base do not, I'm not sure about the OBX models
My Dec 23, 2021 built 2022 OBX does not have hood insulation.

PonyDriver43

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang EB Premium, 13 F150 Lariat, 18 Tahoe
Hello All, I am a new Bronco Sport owner as of today. I noticed my Bronco Sport '22 did not have the dragon cover on the engine. I was told they stopped providing them from sales but parts guy looked up my vin and said it should have it. I guess I have to poke the sales team now more why this is. I also have the metal under the hood exposed and I am assuming others do. I always thought cars were suppose to have a firewall blanket under the metal of the hood that also helps vibrations. I was wondering if any of you have fixed this using dynamite or boom mat?

Ford Bronco Sport Engine hood insulation Fire and sound ? tempImageTUvAIl
While you are checking out your new BB, look under the dash on the pax side. Many ( if not all ) 2022 are missing a panel that covers a bunch of wire connections, & other miscellaneous items you really donā€™t want someone putting their foot in.
My dealerā€˜s Svc Mgr says he has no info on Ford eliminating the part, said he would order. That was two weeks ago - nothing since. There is a multi page thread about it on this forum.
Trust you got a good one and will enjoy it.
I really like mine. Fit, finish, & assembly quality far exceed my expectations. And the 1.5L 3 cyl. ā€”ā€” itā€™s the ā€œLittle Engine That Couldā€ if you are old enough to remember that book.

CactusGreyBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Memo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport, 2017 Flex 365 HP/EcoBoost,VW GL
@retiredguy Have you noticed if the engine is not as loud after installing the engine cover? Did you buy it to keep the engine tidy looking.

Larryjaquins

Big Bend
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
The dealer got my engine cover also. My wife said it sounds quieter but to me it sounds the same

retiredguy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BB , 2020 Ecosport, 2017 Escape
@retiredguy Have you noticed if the engine is not as loud after installing the engine cover? Did you buy it to keep the engine tidy looking.
I did it to finish off the engine compartment. I do not notice any difference in the noise level.

OP
OP
BroncoBrusier

BroncoBrusier

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
While you are checking out your new BB, look under the dash on the pax side. Many ( if not all ) 2022 are missing a panel that covers a bunch of wire connections, & other miscellaneous items you really donā€™t want someone putting their foot in.
My dealerā€˜s Svc Mgr says he has no info on Ford eliminating the part, said he would order. That was two weeks ago - nothing since. There is a multi page thread about it on this forum.
Trust you got a good one and will enjoy it.
I really like mine. Fit, finish, & assembly quality far exceed my expectations. And the 1.5L 3 cyl. ā€”ā€” itā€™s the ā€œLittle Engine That Couldā€ if you are old enough to remember that book.
LOL. I know that book well. I appreciate you sharing some things to look for. Whats interesting is my vin says the Cylinder Head cover does not show it was eliminated from mine and parts has said I should get it. Had to call sales and battle them but got it.

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands ordered 12/17/2021 - Arrived 3/25/22
Ours was built the week of Feb.28.

Does have hood insulation.

Does not have engine cover.

Mexray

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Bronco, 22 Badlands Bronco Sport on order
Ours was built the week of Feb.28.

Does have hood insulation.

Does not have engine cover.
mine was built same weekā€¦ not at dlr yet, but will check hood to seeā€¦ donā€™t expect the engine ā€˜coverā€™ā€¦ I like the look of all the ā€˜mechanicsā€™ exposed! Kind of ā€˜steampunkā€™ hahaā€¦
Sponsored