kshaw

Outer Banks
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport;350Z;Hybrid Escape
When you use your Battery Tender, are you connecting the negative to either the negative battery terminal or a chassis ground and connecting the positive lead directly to the Ford Battery Minder System rather than the positive battery terminal? It has to go through the BMS.
Sponsored

RushMan

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Shadow Black Badlands
@RushMan which OBD2 Device do you have installed and working with your Torque Pro App?

Reason I ask is you may want to check the user manual or specs for your OBD2 Device for current draw while plugged into the vehicle. I have seen several products (e.g.Veepeak OBDCheck BLE+ Bluetooth 4.0 OBD II Scanner for iOS & Android) with enough current draw that the instructions say to not leave plugged in the vehicle for more than one week.

In your case the battery dropped from ~100% to 44% in 26 hours which is pretty fast but it’s possible your OBD2 Device (which probably is using Bluetooth) might be draining the battery.
I don't leave the Bluetooth OBD MX plugged in. Nothing plugged in to the USB or 12V outlets either.
I unlatch the hood, so that after the BS BL sits, I can check battery voltage without opening the driver's door to unlatch it (which would wake up a bunch of stuff).

How would locking it make a difference?
Supposedly, the BMS resets when the car is locked and undisturbed for 8 hours.

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
The Ford Maverick has the black screen issue with the instrument cluster, there is a recall for the Maverick. The Maverick is almost the same as the Sport, wondering if it's the same issue.

NHTSA #24V140
Sponsored