Elboy

Badlands
First Name
Elden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
(photos below) i’ve taken this thing on short off-road excursions about 6-7 times now. only thing i need to get used to is cresting over hills with the bulky hood. it’s kind of unsettling at times when im wheeling a trail i’m new to. i have a badlands with the front camera but it requires a pretty slow speed for it to be available unless you’re in rock crawl mode i believe. but when i’m just cruising and don’t need to be in rock crawl mode it’s kind of annoying not being able to turn on the front camera without going super slow, plus the slight lag for the camera to turn on just interrupts the sendage a bit haha. but i also just need to find the right off-road setting to my driving needs.

maybe i need to actually read the manual again but unsure what the best goat combinations are. So far on trails with snow/ice like the one i was on today i keep it in ‘slippery’ mode and i manually put it in ‘4 wheel lock’. is this better? i’m not sure bc even without 4wLock i still see inputs from the back two wheels. On dirt forest trails i’ve kept it in normal because it doesn’t seem like it needs any of the specific goat modes. on parts with slightly harder / less traction features i’ll put it in 4wheel lock and rear lock just because lol.

with the snow being from more than a week ago, it has hardened and become slippery. My wheels are wearing the Pirellis and was sliding sideways a good amount on turns that are slanted in. Was a little worried it would slide too close to the edge on some narrow passes. Also important to note i was running the daily driver psi, they were at around 32 all 4 tires, when on the snow. Havent wheeled when aired down yet, purchasing a pressure gauge / air compressor soon. Any suggestions for those would be appreciated, i’m thinking of going Viair 88p and Boulder Tools tire deflator.

other than that here’s some photos
Ford Bronco Sport Elboy’s Badlands Build / Adventure Journal 9CD7AA05-323B-4E56-880D-197975F58A30
Ford Bronco Sport Elboy’s Badlands Build / Adventure Journal 22DD229A-5317-4F72-A02A-FE768BA28ED5
Ford Bronco Sport Elboy’s Badlands Build / Adventure Journal CC05557E-7A77-4FF5-9D7E-545D99EEBC90
Ford Bronco Sport Elboy’s Badlands Build / Adventure Journal C013B80B-817E-43A0-8761-0B6FEBEA186F
Sponsored

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BL, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy
I had a NAV-TV VIM for my Raptor that allowed you to keep the camera on anytime. I'm sure they'll have one for the Bronco soon.

OP
OP
Elboy

Elboy

Badlands
First Name
Elden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
I had a NAV-TV VIM for my Raptor that allowed you to keep the camera on anytime. I'm sure they'll have one for the Bronco soon.
oh nice, yeah that would be helpful. thanks for the insight!

Geelloo90042

Badlands
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport-Badlands
I like the viair 300p. It has a deflator built into the air chuck.

OP
OP
Elboy

Elboy

Badlands
First Name
Elden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
I am so antsy to start modding my bronco but owning my own business and some heavy spending over the holidays + the down payment for this car lol i will have to wait a bit to purchase the more beefy accessories. I actually purchased a yakima crossbar system from REI and had it ready to mount but ended up returning it to save the money. it was roughly $600 for 60” HD Bars, timberline towers, and a 6pack SKS lock cores.

in the meantime i plastidipped the back lettering and added a mammoth sticker i’ve had for years ? plastidip still has the inside of the letters plastidipped, debating if i want to peel or not. also if you really wanted to be an asshole about it, i’ve included a photo of an example of my not so great edges lol. also all the dust is because i took it on a trail before taking the photos ?
Ford Bronco Sport Elboy’s Badlands Build / Adventure Journal 6ABDDC53-F8EB-48A5-A433-84440508A91E
Ford Bronco Sport Elboy’s Badlands Build / Adventure Journal F35D62B8-0A68-4683-AFC4-9644919BE184
Ford Bronco Sport Elboy’s Badlands Build / Adventure Journal AB51C7E5-6ABF-4B94-8823-044269C01066
Ford Bronco Sport Elboy’s Badlands Build / Adventure Journal 090A3945-A73D-4B89-A9DC-9D299CD755D3
Ford Bronco Sport Elboy’s Badlands Build / Adventure Journal DE6E3973-0C63-4C65-8A44-BDD0DC60110E

Last edited:

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124, Bronco Sport Badlands
gonna post a youtube vid compilation of clips i took offroading yesterday. can yall help which thumbnail to use? I'll probably add text that resembles ford's marketing videos' thumbnails.

Ford Bronco Sport Elboy’s Badlands Build / Adventure Journal Screen Shot 2021-01-13 at 7.54.17 PM

Ford Bronco Sport Elboy’s Badlands Build / Adventure Journal Screen Shot 2021-01-13 at 7.39.52 PM

Ford Bronco Sport Elboy’s Badlands Build / Adventure Journal Screen Shot 2021-01-13 at 7.55.21 PM
Number 2 has a lot of good action. Then Number 1.
The problem with Number 3 is that my first impression was that there was something shooting into the car from the left and ricocheting out the right side (now I see it is a branch on the left and a fallen tree on the right)... it is just what my mind first saw :)

OP
OP
Elboy

Elboy

Badlands
First Name
Elden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Number 2 has a lot of good action. Then Number 1.
The problem with Number 3 is that my first impression was that there was something shooting into the car from the left and ricocheting out the right side (now I see it is a branch on the left and a fallen tree on the right)... it is just what my mind first saw :)
thanks for the input!

OP
OP
Elboy

Elboy

Badlands
First Name
Elden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Really nice shots ? looks like a great camera. Number 2 looks straight out of a quality bronco sport ad
thank you! yup i love this camera, was one of my dream cinema cameras when i first started video work. i really like #2 as well

OP
OP
Elboy

Elboy

Badlands
First Name
Elden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Decided last minute after work to head to the mountains. Got a few clips in but nothing too crazy. The trail was moderately busy so I didnt want to possibly disrupt traffic that much by going back and forth on the trail. There werent that many places to pull off.

Sponsored