Eibach Springs Lift Kit

Bluebaru

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BS Badlands, 2019 VW GTI Rabbit ed. 03 JCW MCS
Just got off the phone with Eibach sales. They have developed a springs only lift kit for the BS Big Bend, that works with the OEM shocks, that they expect to be available in April, for ~ $370. It raises the front 1.7" and the rear 2.0". It should fit all models with the possible exception of the FE and Badlands.

They need a Badlands specifically to build a kit for that. If anyone is in Southern California and is willing to take their Badlands, to their location, in Corona, for a few hours, in order for them to develop a kit, they will get the kit free, including installation!!!
Sponsored

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Just got off the phone with Eibach sales. They have developed a springs only lift kit for the BS Big Bend, that works with the OEM shocks, that they expect to be available in April, for ~ $370. It raises the front 1.7" and the rear 2.0". It should fit all models with the possible exception of the FE and Badlands.

They need a Badlands specifically to build a kit for that. If anyone is in Southern California and is willing to take their Badlands, to their location, in Corona, for a few hours, in order for them to develop a kit, they will get the kit free, including installation!!!
Is there a chance you have this backwards, cause there is no logical reason to lift the rear more... If they were the other way it would create a lift and level kit

jhed660

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport

When do they want to borrow my Badlands? Can you pm me contact info? I currently have the 4wp leveling kit installed, but I would definitely be interested in anything Eibach puts together.

BamaBronco

Big Bend
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Is there a chance you have this backwards, cause there is no logical reason to lift the rear more... If they were the other way it would create a lift and level kit
I was thinking the same thing since the rear is already around a 1/4 inch higher than the front. OP probably just accidentally mixed it up.

gibsonc7r

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecosport

I'd be down once I get my car delivered in late Jan/early Feb. I'm only 20 minutes north of Corona.

OP
OP
Bluebaru

Bluebaru

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I called them back, the 1.7" F and 2.0" rear is correct. The springs are a little longer and a little stiffer. Spring Rates are to be released later. I suspect the greater rear height is to compensate for a heavily loaded BS.

In order to speed this along as much as possible, I'll post the info hear: call Eibach's number, 1-800-507-2338, Navigate the phone menu, push 1, then 1 again, for their retail sales or when given the option, for their directory, find Tanner's number.

OP
OP
Bluebaru

Bluebaru

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Has anyone followed up on this yet?

I think I'm going to hold out for a coilover, if I can get one before the end of the year. What I'd like to see is a kit with an adjustable lift height, from say 1-3", on a Badlands, with more travel and not a lot, if any stiffer.

BourbonBroncoSport

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Sport
Has anyone followed up on this yet?

I think I'm going to hold out for a coilover, if I can get one before the end of the year. What I'd like to see is a kit with an adjustable lift height, from say 1-3", on a Badlands, with more travel and not a lot, if any stiffer.

I called last week to volunteer by BS BL but they already have enough volunteers and they are waiting on the prototypes to be completed. So it seems we are a bit away from a release.

tburner

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
What's the benefit of a spring lift vs a spacer lift on our unibody vehicles?

OP
OP
Bluebaru

Bluebaru

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What's the benefit of a spring lift vs a spacer lift on our unibody vehicles?
I'll do my best to explain and this is not a universal answer as spacer installations vary more than a straight up spring swap.

A shock only has so much travel, so when you install a longer spring, assuming it's wound the same, you are reducing the total amount the spring can move. i.e. it will have a longer compressed height. Notice I said "assuming it's wound the same" But, by raising the car the travel range has shifted. Lets say the car had 5" of travel with 2.5" of bump travel (compression) and 2.5" of rebound travel, (droop). The lift would increase bump travel and decrease rebound travel. With a spacer lift the travel doesn't change.

In addition, new springs could be stiffer, thereby reducing body roll at the cost of a stiffer ride.

Now as to installation. A spring swap usually takes less shop time, to install but requires a spring compressor. On a Subaru, the only spacer lift I've been involved with, took maybe 50% longer than a spring swap. Of course both still needed an alignment, that took the same amount of time.

Last edited:

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
My potential issue with the Eibach lift is that while it will have more compression travel, it can possibly limit the extension travel of the already limited independent suspension articulation.
Eibach has been around a long while, I'll have to see what they come up with.

tburner

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I'll do my best to explain...
Thanks for laying that out. That's what I was thinking but wasn't sure if there was something else I was missing. I guess the only benefit would be stiffer springs for carrying load, but then you suffer when not carrying load. I think I'll stick with my plan of spacer lift plus air springs in the rear should I ever need to haul something.

OP
OP
Bluebaru

Bluebaru

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I thought I'd update this thread. As of today, Eibach is not expecting their lift springs to be available until sometime in August. Additionally, The Badlands springs will only provide 1" lift in front and 3/4" in the rear. Also, the latest news, on the springs, for the other models, will provide a 1.5" lift in front and 2", in the rear. This is .2" lower in front than they initially told me back in January.

Sadly, for those that may be interested in coilovers, they have made no plans to design and sell those yet. If, you are interested in coilovers, tell Eibach or Ironman, to get with it or buy from Flatout Suspension, that's what I'm doing.

Ivan Nigro Yague

Badlands
First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I thought I'd update this thread. As of today, Eibach is not expecting their lift springs to be available until sometime in August. Additionally, The Badlands springs will only provide 1" lift in front and 3/4" in the rear. Also, the latest news, on the springs, for the other models, will provide a 1.5" lift in front and 2", in the rear. This is .2" lower in front than they initially told me back in January.

Sadly, for those that may be interested in coilovers, they have made no plans to design and sell those yet. If, you are interested in coilovers, tell Eibach or Ironman, to get with it or buy from Flatout Suspension, that's what I'm doing.
Thats springs for the badlands really interest me. 1” front and 3/4 rear change something and don’t change soo much the shock travel. It will be avaliable August?
The Flatout sale only springs also?
Sponsored