Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I am not the type to disagree and I have really appreciated the OP on these forums but, and everyone knew a but was coming, I like the Sport in the wind. I drove a FX4 and a Mercedes SUV in the strong Illinois prairie crosswinds and this Bronco Sport does much better. Although, just like the others, it hates driving into a headwind.

Petroph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 F150
I had the ford f150 tonka edition.. #44 of 500 from tuscany. Had a 6 in lift. Would drive from albuquerque to phoenix in windy mountains.. no problems. Loved my f150. Ive had 41 cars since 16. Im only 37.. and all makes and model. So i have a lot to compare to.. my eddie bauer explorer actrd same way actually. Maybe just ford suspension and body lines
41 cars! I'm only on my 3rd and going on 30 about to get my 4th with my BS. I doubt I can rack up 37 more cars in just 7 years to match that.

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Does anyone else feel like the wind might just take your bs away. When im driving at higher speeds when windy this little sport sways everywhere. More than any vehicle i ever owned. Can almost compare to like a 2011 jeep grand cherokee my buddy had. But that was just jeep suspension i think. Any thoughts. Am i crazy
Try driving my Jeep Gladiator in a strong crossword and then you will feel like you are driving a low slung aerodynamic corvette with your BS!!!!! Lane 1ā€¦noā€¦lane 2ā€¦.no lane 3ā€¦.oh hell I meant to take that exit!!!

Ford Bronco Sport Driving in wind (no good) E92E843A-0508-485E-AAB0-C84BB0298547

Folkman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Does anyone else feel like the wind might just take your bs away. When im driving at higher speeds when windy this little sport sways everywhere. More than any vehicle i ever owned. Can almost compare to like a 2011 jeep grand cherokee my buddy had. But that was just jeep suspension i think. Any thoughts. Am i crazy
i added lift, tire size change and platform with awning. Took it out and thought I was gonna kill myself at first it was so squirly. The. I saw the wind was hard right across the road 90 degrees.

yeahā€¦ at least with my added height. But way yeah if I have my awning on.

iā€™ve realized tho that it isnā€™t going anywhere, I can always slow down a bit and that I have been driving a stang for so long my perception is not quite a tuned to a tall blocky box.

i have gotten way more comfortable with it. Just not the MPG hit when it is windy out here.

if I donā€™t go much more than 65/70 Iā€™m usually ok.

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
I just drove to NY and back the other day. 6 hours on road. And noticed the wind would push me all over. Especially at 65 and over. Vehicle feels a lot smaller on the highway. Might be the bigger tires and lift arenā€™t helping. Didnā€™t highway drive it with oem stuff. But def moves more than my taco or jeep, RDX did. Is also far lighter and has short wheelbase. Also wish the steering was tighter/heavier feeling at low and high speeds since it feels numb.

Badwolf13

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Big Bend
My Bronco Sport does good in the wind...it may not be perfect. The worst in the wind for me was both of my Smart cars(I owned a 2010 and a 2012) Now they were a "both hands on the wheel" in a wind adventure!:like:

SC21

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
No.
Loosen your grip on the wheel. Any vehicle will be impacted in severe winds to some extent. This (in my opinion) is. no worse than my '19 wrangler, '20 Ranger or even my F350 dually. Adjust speed accordingly and loosen your grip, don't tense up.

OP
OP
LilbroncoS

LilbroncoS

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
No.
Loosen your grip on the wheel. Any vehicle will be impacted in severe winds to some extent. This (in my opinion) is. no worse than my '19 wrangler, '20 Ranger or even my F350 dually. Adjust speed accordingly and loosen your grip, don't tense up.
I am a better driver than anyone i know.. its not me. Its the aerodynamics of the car. That stupid roof line doesnt help.. ford just designed it funny..all there suvs kinda drive like shit honestly..

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I am a better driver than anyone i know.. its not me. Its the aerodynamics of the car. That stupid roof line doesnt help.. ford just designed it funny..all there suvs kinda drive like shit honestly..
I take it you don't know a lot of folks...humblebrag? I've had no issues. I can feel it 'travel' a little with higher winds, but nothing significant or even concerning if you factor it's shape. I'd sell that SOB right now and reap top market value while it's still hot. I know there are great options out there for super talented drivers. If they design all their SUV like shit...as a consumer who bought one...where does that put you? Get over yourself already

OP
OP
LilbroncoS

LilbroncoS

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
I take it you don't know a lot of folks...humblebrag? I've had no issues. I can feel it 'travel' a little with higher winds, but nothing significant or even concerning if you factor it's shape. I'd sell that SOB right now and reap top market value while it's still hot. I know there are great options out there for super talented drivers. If they design all their SUV like shit...as a consumer who bought one...where does that put you? Get over yourself already
I know more people than you and everyone you know put together lol šŸ¤£ ...i am selling this BS today actually.. going mazda. And they come with an engine cover .. good job trying to be a smart ass but your not witty enough for me.. try someone else

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124, Bronco Sport Badlands
Itā€™s been really windy here this spring, but I think it feels very planted compared to the Escape. With the exception of the hood. Same going through the car wash dryer. Hood rippling reminds me of a dogs head out the car window at 70 mph!

The crazy question? šŸ¤”
I saw the same issue with hood rippling.

Driving Montana to Seattle two weeks ago, we had a lot of wind through the Columbia River scab lands. I noticed the hood on my BS BL moving up and down... I wondered if the latch or hinge had gotten loose! No, everything was tight. I guess I'm glad it was not just me...

Flash

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I saw the same issue with hood rippling.

Driving Montana to Seattle two weeks ago, we had a lot of wind through the Columbia River scab lands. I noticed the hood on my BS BL moving up and down... I wondered if the latch or hinge had gotten loose! No, everything was tight. I guess I'm glad it was not just me...
You oughta see it in the drying area of a drive through car wash where they blast you with high speed air jets to give it a quick dry.

Kinda looks like a hula dancer...

endrMinr

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Sport
Driving in NM a few days ago in a 30+ headwind, was getting ~20mpg at highway speeds. Driving back it was mostly a tailwind, and got over 30. Being a brick is both bad and good :D When turned sideways to the wind I could feel it pulling in gusts, but otherwise handled similarly to any other vehicle I have driven
Sponsored