Driver side mirror replacement plastic coverings

vyruz

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Big Bend, Toyota 86
Today while reversing out of a garage my driver side mirror hit the wall and plastic got broken. I see the below part for $50 but this looks like only the back cover and not lip that is visible from in the car and wraps behind the mirror. The back cover is cracked so will probably be getting the below part either way but has anyone seen the rest of the plastic covering?

https://parts.lakelandford.com/p/Ford_2021_Bronco-Sport/Door-Mirror-Cover/98563864/M1PZ17D742B.html?clickSource=relatedProduct

Ford Bronco Sport Driver side mirror replacement plastic coverings 20220306_131853
Sponsored

DMEARC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2021 BS OB
Today while reversing out of a garage my driver side mirror hit the wall and plastic got broken. I see the below part for $50 but this looks like only the back cover and not lip that is visible from in the car and wraps behind the mirror. The back cover is cracked so will probably be getting the below part either way but has anyone seen the rest of the plastic covering?

https://parts.lakelandford.com/p/Ford_2021_Bronco-Sport/Door-Mirror-Cover/98563864/M1PZ17D742B.html?clickSource=relatedProduct
It’s not available separately. Look at the complete mirror parts diagram on the website you linked and you’ll see that the lip you referenced is part of #1, which is the entire assembly.

OP
OP

vyruz

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Big Bend, Toyota 86
It’s not available separately. Look at the complete mirror parts diagram on the website you linked and you’ll see that the lip you referenced is part of #1, which is the entire assembly.
So youre saying i have to buy a full new mirror assembly for like $300 just to replace this plastic?

DMEARC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2021 BS OB
So youre saying i have to buy a full new mirror assembly for like $300 just to replace this plastic?
Yes. I worked in the parts biz for a few years and this is rather common. People assume that you can buy any part that you need by itself, but the reality is there are plenty of parts that are only available as an assembly. Sometimes this is due to the parts being made by another company and then sold to Ford as a whole assembly, who then sells it to you as a whole assembly.

Major Kong

Base
First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport aka "Spark Plug"

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Look on eBay or go to a junkyard and have them find one. I just looked on car-part and found plenty for sale. Price varied between $200 and $600. Scarce car, scarce parts and they know it. If you're lucky a local wrecker will have it and let you walk out for $150. Some of the cost is because of the BLIS. The more features wedged into a car, the more expensive they are to fix.
Sponsored