Draw-tite Hitch vs. OEM

TNFurb

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
So it took me a few extra days to get around too, but I got the Drawtite hitch installed and here are a few photos and thoughts about the install

1. Instructions are good with one major exception, there is a hidden 8mm bolt under the rear wheel trim. The instructions call for removing it, but say to use a socket wrench. Good luck with that. I fortunately had a 8mm offset wrench that I was able to patiently use to remove it. The bolt is there, but you really gotta bend the rear wheel well trim to see/get at it.

2. The rear fascia cut out does not need to be as large as stated in the instructions, my cutout is 1/2 smaller all the way around.

I also installed the wiring harness. Only slight degree of suck is running the power wire to the battery. Pretty easy to keep it safely hidden on the underside.

Pics below.

Ford Bronco Sport Draw-tite Hitch vs. OEM b1
Ford Bronco Sport Draw-tite Hitch vs. OEM b2
Ford Bronco Sport Draw-tite Hitch vs. OEM b3
Ford Bronco Sport Draw-tite Hitch vs. OEM b4

-B
I know this thread is now over two years old. Hopefully you’re still on the forum. Is the wiring harness you installed the Ford OEM harness? In another thread someone posted the instructions from Ford that included taking all kinds of interior trim off on the drivers side from front to back and honestly looked way too complicated. So if you installed the Ford harness, did you just route everything up along the underside of the vehicle the way all of the aftermarket brand har esses are run?
Sponsored