PaulyDoubleD

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport OB delivered January 2021
Does anyone have a solution for the rear tailgate unlocking issue? That is, the glass will unlock upon going near the tailgate of a locked Bronco with the key and pressing the glass button, but the tailgate will not unlock the same way. It did when I first got the Bronco in January. Now it does not. If I open a door or unlock from the remote the tailgate unlocks. But not automatically upon presense of the key at the tailgate on the first press of the tailgate button. I see others complaining of the same issue in other forums with no solution. Firmware is up to date and updates made no difference, but probably caused it at some point since January. Thanks.

Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands
Hi all. I'm new here. Just bought my baby Bronco a week ago. I'm having issues with door locking I hope someone can answer so I don't have to take it back to dealership to help. I can lock the doors with the key fob. I can have the fob out of range and the doors are still locked. But as soon as I near the door with the fob, I merely put my hand around the front door handle (without trying to open) and it automatically unlocks all the doors! How can I stop this from happening? I don't recall it doing that when I first brought it home. Only when I changed the code from factory but I have since changed it back and it still does that. TIA for any help.
You haver the Manual right? You did read that manual correct?............

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
All fun aside for those unaware they have an online version with a search feature...it is important to understand a lot of the features in a new vehicle for maintaining and keeping it running smoothly. Martin isn't wrong. He's just direct and I like it?

Online manual

Last edited:

BeatrixBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Annette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Lincoln MKZ, Jeep Renegade
All fun aside for those unaware they have an online version with a search feature...it is important to understand a lot of the features in a new vehicle for maintaining and keeping it running smoothly. Marvin isn't wrong. He's just direct and I like it?

Online manual
Thanks for the online manual. Just bookmarked for future reference ;)

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Thanks for the online manual. Just bookmarked for future reference ;)
Yeah it's been incredibly helpful. I will support the idea hearing from others learning along the way is easier...but it's also good to know where to find that unique solution to wtf just happened??!!

OP
OP
First Name
Kathy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport 2021
I love this feature my Bronco Sport shows respect for me an unlocks itself when I am ready to go for a drive.
Yes, now that I know how it works, I love the feature as well. I looked in the manual like three times and really didn't see it. Can't believe I got berated on a site that supposedly is here to help people !!

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
Yes, now that I know how it works, I love the feature as well. I looked in the manual like three times and really didn't see it. Can't believe I got berated on a site that supposedly is here to help people !!
"A" holes be dammed!

Your welcomed here!

I don't have my BS yet, so I read the Online Manual which makes it easy to search.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
For some people this is just a car they don't just read the manual. Some of us were raised to read the manual before you use something. But what you're all doing is borderline bullying. Please act respectfully to one another no need for the it's in the manual or go check the manual crap.
Respectfully I think most of those comments are being taken far too seriously. The days of tongue in cheek and straight forward conversation is lost to the "bully" mindset. Different generations. I have followed many of Martins posts. He's a no nonsense poster. Straight and to the point. If y'all really want to break it down, calling people rude for replying in a forum is a direct insult. Suggesting use of a manual to better understand a machine 1000x more powerful than rockets originally sent to the moon...well...he has a point. Could it have been stated kinder and more gentle with butterflies sure...but it's a common sense world. People on the internet are mean. However you want to dice it....I didn't see his comment or any other as "bullying" or meant to beat or berate anyone it was simply a statement. Read a manual. It may save you a LOT of unwanted repairs and parts failures. It used to be the norm. Pretty much every person here is helpful to others.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Well, duh. Another genius that is so rude....
glass
houses and all...they were simply trying to help you out. Tone is lost in typing. Sincerely the manual is a great tool. Give a person a fish they eat for a day. Teach a person to fish they eat for life. Ask questions...even if most have the answer...someone else probably doesn't or just joined...we all learn. Life is too short to be upset over snark and comments.

Jenma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport, 15 Mustang GT 50 yr, 22 Corsair
Does anyone have a solution for the rear tailgate unlocking issue? That is, the glass will unlock upon going near the tailgate of a locked Bronco with the key and pressing the glass button, but the tailgate will not unlock the same way. It did when I first got the Bronco in January. Now it does not. If I open a door or unlock from the remote the tailgate unlocks. But not automatically upon presense of the key at the tailgate on the first press of the tailgate button. I see others complaining of the same issue in other forums with no solution. Firmware is up to date and updates made no difference, but probably caused it at some point since January. Thanks.
Does anyone have any information about this issue? I believe the hatch did open on my locked BS and now doesn't . The glass still will open on my locked sport. A new owner is complaining the hatch won't open so it seems like newly introduced feature.
Sponsored