Door locking issue

First Name
Kathy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport 2021
Hi all. I'm new here. Just bought my baby Bronco a week ago. I'm having issues with door locking I hope someone can answer so I don't have to take it back to dealership to help. I can lock the doors with the key fob. I can have the fob out of range and the doors are still locked. But as soon as I near the door with the fob, I merely put my hand around the front door handle (without trying to open) and it automatically unlocks all the doors! How can I stop this from happening? I don't recall it doing that when I first brought it home. Only when I changed the code from factory but I have since changed it back and it still does that. TIA for any help.
Sponsored

Mnb82209

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco sport
Hi all. I'm new here. Just bought my baby Bronco a week ago. I'm having issues with door locking I hope someone can answer so I don't have to take it back to dealership to help. I can lock the doors with the key fob. I can have the fob out of range and the doors are still locked. But as soon as I near the door with the fob, I merely put my hand around the front door handle (without trying to open) and it automatically unlocks all the doors! How can I stop this from happening? I don't recall it doing that when I first brought it home. Only when I changed the code from factory but I have since changed it back and it still does that. TIA for any help.
There is an option under vehicle settings to turn that off. I believe it's called auto unlock.

OP
OP
First Name
Kathy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport 2021
There is an option under vehicle settings to turn that off. I believe it's called auto unlock.
OK. Thanks. Going to manual to look for that now....that wasn't it but thanks anyway

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
But as soon as I near the door with the fob, I merely put my hand around the front door handle (without trying to open) and it automatically unlocks all the doors! How can I stop this from happening? I don't recall it doing that when I first brought it home. Only when I changed the code from factory but I have since changed it back and it still does that. TIA for any help.
This feature is called Intelligent Access. Nothing in the manual about how to disable it, though.

Billy the Kid

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
It's so you never have to take the FOB out to unlock the door. Just you touching the back of the handle with the FOB on your person, and the door will un-lock. Just like you don't have to take the FOB out of to start your Sport. Read the Door and Locks portion of the manual.

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
Great video, but unless an update removed it, I know there is a setting to unlock all the doors or just the driver door. I changed it to do all the doors when I was first setting things up.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I disabled it, it’s sooooo sensitive that it unlocks with even just water getting sprayed on the handle while washing the car :facepalm:
My '16 F150 does that so I take key and put it away from truck when I wash it.

mgiulia2

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
You can also lock all of the doors by having the key in your pocket and placing one finger on the 3 lines on the top of the door handle of the driver or passenger door

OP
OP
First Name
Kathy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport 2021
So much is in the manual ya wouldn't believe it. ;)
Oh High Almighty, please excuse me. I looked in the manual three times and could not find my exact issue. I'm glad there is sooo many super intelligent people like you on this site for the amazing insight.

Jill

Badlands
First Name
Gillian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Kodiak Brown Bronco Sport Badlands
Oh High Almighty, please excuse me. I looked in the manual three times and could not find my exact issue. I'm glad there is sooo many super intelligent people like you on this site for the amazing insight.
The thing is that it isn’t an “issue”. It’s working as it should.
Sponsored