Badlands
First Name
Clare
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
...future owner of Bronco Sport
Goooood afternoon Fellow Sport Enthusiasts-

Husband and I are looking for a good Car Barrier for our Badlands; we have three huge dogs and we want them to stay in the back-back of the SUV. Does anyone know of a good place that would have something suitable? I'm talking the metal barrier for behind the rear seats, not the weenie thing that goes between the two front seats to keep the dog from going in the front (that I just saw at some random Ford dealer parts catalog). Thanks for the assistance!
Sponsored

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser

Husband and I are looking for a good Car Barrier for our Badlands; we have three huge dogs and we want them to stay in the back-back of the SUV. Does anyone know of a good place that would have something suitable? I'm talking the metal barrier for behind the rear seats, not the weenie thing that goes between the two front seats to keep the dog from going in the front (that I just saw at some random Ford dealer parts catalog). Thanks for the assistance!
We have always used the Walky guard And use it in our FJ cruiser. Will get one for our BS. It attaches to the two headrests. You do not need a middle headrest. It was good enough to keep our two German shepherds in the back. Nice thing is that it is easy to remove if needed. Slide headrests up when first tightening in the knobs, then slide them down as far as they can go to provide last tight holding area. And with bronco headrests it will also probably have a bar right behind and across the back of the two headrests which is good also.

this is the walky one. Nice thing is it is very adjustable and if you want to put down the back seat at times and give them more space, you can hook it to back of front seats also which we also did. Very flexible system.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Clarebear

Badlands
First Name
Clare
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We have always used the Walky guard. It attaches to the two headrests. You do not need a middle headrest. It was good enough to keep our two German shepherds in the back. Nice thing is that it is easy to remove if needed. there is also the Petsafe happy ride tubular barrier, but that one will eat up space to the floor.

this is the walky one. Nice thing is it is adjustable on width.

THANK YOU!!

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
THANK YOU!!
I like it because we can reach through it if needed while inside the car to hold a water bowl, hook a leash, etc you cannot do that with those full metal mesh ones. And it is more adjustable than a lot of the other tubular ones we saw.

OP
OP

Clarebear

Badlands
First Name
Clare
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like it because we can reach through it if needed while inside the car to hold a water bowl, hook a leash, etc you cannot do that with those full metal mesh ones. And it is more adjustable than a lot of the other tubular ones we saw.
THAT. IS. AWESOME.

GT1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw x1, 1965 mustang GT convert

If you already have the car you know the space with back seats up - if not you may want to check it out. Not all that much depending on how big your dogs are. For other per owners, they may be interested this unit I have - fits behind the front seats and has excellent coverage and rear visibility.
Amazon.com: Bushwhacker - Deluxe Dog Barrier 56" Wide - Ideal for Trucks, Large SUVs, Full Sized Sedans - Pet Restraint Car Backseat Divider Vehicle Gate Cargo Area Travel Trunk Mesh Net Screen Barricade : Pet Supplies

OP
OP

Clarebear

Badlands
First Name
Clare
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you already have the car you know the space with back seats up - if not you may want to check it out. Not all that much depending on how big your dogs are. For other per owners, they may be interested this unit I have - fits behind the front seats and has excellent coverage and rear visibility.
Amazon.com: Bushwhacker - Deluxe Dog Barrier 56" Wide - Ideal for Trucks, Large SUVs, Full Sized Sedans - Pet Restraint Car Backseat Divider Vehicle Gate Cargo Area Travel Trunk Mesh Net Screen Barricade : Pet Supplies
We have our car, yes. The dogs are 68#, 80# and 85#. The 68 & 85 #ers are great in the back seat. The 80# puppy needs more containment and he would be in the back-back. Thsnks for suggestion!
We have always used the Walky guard And use it in our FJ cruiser. Will get one for our BS. It attaches to the two headrests. You do not need a middle headrest. It was good enough to keep our two German shepherds in the back. Nice thing is that it is easy to remove if needed. Slide headrests up when first tightening in the knobs, then slide them down as far as they can go to provide last tight holding area. And with bronco headrests it will also probably have a bar right behind and across the back of the two headrests which is good also.

this is the walky one. Nice thing is it is very adjustable and if you want to put down the back seat at times and give them more space, you can hook it to back of front seats also which we also did. Very flexible system.

Is this one size fits all since its
THAT. IS. AWESOME.
Is it one size fits all since its adjustable? I've just been told I'm in charge if this purchase ? and have to make sure "its the right one"

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
We have our car, yes. The dogs are 68#, 80# and 85#. The 68 & 85 #ers are great in the back seat. The 80# puppy needs more containment and he would be in the back-back. Thsnks for suggestion!

Is this one size fits all since its

Is it one size fits all since its adjustable? I've just been told I'm in charge if this purchase ? and have to make sure "its the right one"
It is massively flexible on size. If your pups are major escape artists the side extenders are thinner which they could push on to bend. Our shepherds were well behaved. One was 100 pounds and the other 65

Ford Bronco Sport Dog Car Barrier Help Needed AC639F4B-52DA-4FC8-9733-5C287EBB1F8B

Last edited:

OP
OP

Clarebear

Badlands
First Name
Clare
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thats a big coonhound
apparently. his great uncle was 110 lbs (not from same lines, it just sounded good) and his "sister" is 68#. They look short to me considering the 85# great dane mix we also have lol