Grift3r

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
We have always used the Walky guard And use it in our FJ cruiser. Will get one for our BS. It attaches to the two headrests. You do not need a middle headrest. It was good enough to keep our two German shepherds in the back. Nice thing is that it is easy to remove if needed. Slide headrests up when first tightening in the knobs, then slide them down as far as they can go to provide last tight holding area. And with bronco headrests it will also probably have a bar right behind and across the back of the two headrests which is good also.

this is the walky one. Nice thing is it is very adjustable and if you want to put down the back seat at times and give them more space, you can hook it to back of front seats also which we also did. Very flexible system.

They dont have one for the sport yet. Anyone gotten one and it fits?
Sponsored

thegadgetfish

Outer Banks
First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I had a similar barrier in my crosstrek, but the plastic seat belt thing prevents me from installing it in the BS, unless I bring all the headrests up. Still waiting on Travall to make theirs..

jazzdab

Big Bend
First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Is that the non-folding Wally Guard?

Walky Guard Adjustable Car Barrier

I tried two similar folding gates but was not happy with how they attached due to the rear headrests only locking when inserted all the way down.

Kritas

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I got this for the Sport. Not an exact fit but it works.

Ford Bronco Sport Dog Car Barrier Help Needed 20220312_115125

Ford Bronco Sport Dog Car Barrier Help Needed 20220312_115058

Ford Bronco Sport Dog Car Barrier Help Needed 20220312_115056

Ford Bronco Sport Dog Car Barrier Help Needed 20220312_115053

Ford Bronco Sport Dog Car Barrier Help Needed 20220312_115047
I bought one like this and hate it. It doesn't fit over the seat belt fixture and the rubber ends marked up the headliner. In addition, the tubes rattle.

OP
OP

Clarebear

Badlands
First Name
Clare
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
...future owner of Bronco Sport
I bought one like this and hate it. It doesn't fit over the seat belt fixture and the rubber ends marked up the headliner. In addition, the tubes rattle.
It keeps the dogs out of the back seat, you do have to tighten once in a while. I hadn't noticed the black marks as its up permanently for the moment. Sorry you didn't like it

Kritas

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
It keeps the dogs out of the back seat, you do have to tighten once in a while. I hadn't noticed the black marks as its up permanently for the moment. Sorry you didn't like it
Thanks, I was just sharing thoughts for others who might consider it, and hate is probably too strong a word. It does work. If they come out with one that fits the BS correctly, I think it's a pretty fair design.

thegadgetfish

Outer Banks
First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Thanks, I was just sharing thoughts for others who might consider it, and hate is probably too strong a word. It does work. If they come out with one that fits the BS correctly, I think it's a pretty fair design.
I agree, not for me either. I’m not a fan of how it angles towards the cargo area and smushes the middle headrest.

I still think it’s probably the best option at the moment, but still waiting!

AmazingSieve

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
I agree, not for me either. I’m not a fan of how it angles towards the cargo area and smushes the middle headrest.

I still think it’s probably the best option at the moment, but still waiting!
We use a fence lattice I guess in our cars. It’s attached the head rests with the stuff bungy tie things, great descriptions I know.

We cut for the size that we need and it’s worked out well.

Ford Bronco Sport Dog Car Barrier Help Needed F739FF68-EEF4-4949-AAEB-DBA8A1BA2162

kyle_conrad

Outer Banks
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kyleconrad.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
I got this for the Sport. Not an exact fit but it works.

Ford Bronco Sport Dog Car Barrier Help Needed 20220312_115125
Might be a weird question, but wondering about your headrests since the leather looks like you have the Badlands - are the front of your headrests the regular brown leather or the more suede-y leather that only the Badlands has?

(Trying to match folding headrests to my Outer Banks since the 22 doesn't have them, but I don't know if the ones they have to order would match the leather we have since we don't have that suede leather)

OP
OP

Clarebear

Badlands
First Name
Clare
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
...future owner of Bronco Sport
Might be a weird question, but wondering about your headrests since the leather looks like you have the Badlands - are the front of your headrests the regular brown leather or the more suede-y leather that only the Badlands has?

(Trying to match folding headrests to my Outer Banks since the 22 doesn't have them, but I don't know if the ones they have to order would match the leather we have since we don't have that suede leather)
Its a Badlands with the Badlands trim, so ... suede-y.
Sponsored