Does having a VIN number mean you have a production week?

tambrico

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Followup on my previous thread regarding my girlfriend's BS order.

After over a month dealership was finally able to provide an order number. And after harrassing Ford Customer service and speaking to like 10 different people we were finally able to coax a VIN number out of them.

However, when I enter it in the VIN tracker it simply states order processing/confirmed. Order is for an Outer Banks in Cyber Orange with no additional options. Order was placed on 10/16 and, according to the tracker, confirmed on 10/20. I'm not sure when the VIN was generated. My concern is that we got a VIN and don't seem to have a production week (that we are aware of). She has not been getting any emails from ford in terms of updates (i.e. she never received an order confirmation email even though now we know that the order has been confirmed for over a month). All of the info we have we've had to squeeze out from the dealership and Ford customer service who both seem to know barely anything.
Sponsored

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Yes when you get VIN a production week is assigned. Unfortunately your build week is not available in the online trackers. Your dealer can look in Visibility Report system and tell you the build week. But dealers usually restrict access to the systems so not all ppl at dealer can get that info.

OP
OP

tambrico

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Yes when you get VIN a production week is assigned. Unfortunately your build week is not available in the online trackers. Your dealer can look in Visibility Report system and tell you the build week. But dealers usually restrict access to the systems so not all ppl at dealer can get that info.
I see. That would explain why our salesman doesn't seem to know any info when we call.

Is there any way Ford customer service can see the build date if we speak to someone in management? They only seemed to know as much as the order tracker with the latest person we called. The dealer seems to know even less.

Idontknow

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cross trek and grand caravan
I see. That would explain why our salesman doesn't seem to know any info when we call.

Is there any way Ford customer service can see the build date if we speak to someone in management? They only seemed to know as much as the order tracker with the latest person we called. The dealer seems to know even less.
just taking a stab in the dark based on my order and other orders I saw in oct. A lot of us received a vin a few weeks ago with a January 24th build date. Your mileage may vary though. But that seemed to be a common theme from the posts I saw and my own order.

Tom 5778

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cyber Orange OB, Factory Five Racing roadster
For me a 10/29/21 order confirmation and a week of 01/31/22 build date. Outer Banks, cyber orange, no options. All the info I have is from my dealer.
Sponsored