radioboy77

Outer Banks
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
AHA!! Thank you!! That must be the part number we need then :) Thank you!!
Sponsored

OP
OP
HugeGuyTheory

HugeGuyTheory

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I ordered the M1PZ-5843401-AA and I can confirm it does have the notch, here’s a picture of it and of the stamping number on the shroud I tried crossing the number off of the shroud in fords system but I couldn’t get any results for it still

Ford Bronco Sport DIY Writeup: Adding Rear Camera Washer to your Bronco Sport 13BE777B-4C1E-4B30-89EE-EF651842E5C5

Ford Bronco Sport DIY Writeup: Adding Rear Camera Washer to your Bronco Sport 5315B1D7-2C3D-4F0F-975A-67D7E72C5F5F
That is the number for the camera bracket. If you remove the two torx bolts you can look inside the actual shroud and it has a stamped number. I posted a photo of mine (no cutout) on the original post.

WillM1994

Big Bend
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Cactus Gray
That is the number for the camera bracket. If you remove the two torx bolts you can look inside the actual shroud and it has a stamped number. I posted a photo of mine (no cutout) on the original post.
It's M1PB-R43404-B-PIA-02, I tried crossing it in the Ford system and still no luck, unfortunately it looks like Ford isn't going to offer it separate from the handle.

compass crusher

Big Bend
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
A little off topic but here it goes....

I'm interested in a swing-away spare and I want to relocate the rear camera.

Would I need to splice the cable to the rear camera and add a extension to it will reach the spare swing away?

I saw a thread with a ford kit to relocate the rear camera but it wasn't specific. I just want to make sure it will work with a bronco sport.

Here's the link for the kit: Tailgate Camera Relocation Kit (RAM/Ford/Chevy)

radioboy77

Outer Banks
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
A little off topic but here it goes....

I'm interested in a swing-away spare and I want to relocate the rear camera.

Would I need to splice the cable to the rear camera and add a extension to it will reach the spare swing away?

I saw a thread with a ford kit to relocate the rear camera but it wasn't specific. I just want to make sure it will work with a bronco sport.

Here's the link for the kit: Tailgate Camera Relocation Kit (RAM/Ford/Chevy)
I would suggest starting a new thread for your question as the interested parties won't likely see it here. Good luck to you!

Dperry285

Outer Banks
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 ford bronco sport
My OB Bronco Sport did not come with the Rear Camera Washer. So, I decided to add it. If you are like me and want to add the washer, keep reading.

*NOTE* The shroud surrounding the camera will need to be modified (for now). I could not locate the part number necessary for a direct bolt on. I called ford parts and they cannot locate it either. They told me that the current catalog may not be up to date and they submitted a request to locate the part number so it can be ordered. When they contact me with the part number I will update this and add it. For now the modification was extremely easy. You just need to make a 12mm x 9mm cutout for the washer jet. (I will show photos of this below)

First: The Parts

Washer Hose:
https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/windshield-washer-hose-13283663-1#sectionId:324047908
Ford Bronco Sport DIY Writeup: Adding Rear Camera Washer to your Bronco Sport 20210730_123125

Jet:
https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/jet-13283525-1#sectionId:324047908
Ford Bronco Sport DIY Writeup: Adding Rear Camera Washer to your Bronco Sport 20210730_123141

*NOTE*
The Tailgate Handle Does NOT include the Camera Shroud. This has been confirmed, even though the photo includes it. Do not purchase this expecting the camera shroud to be included. (When Ford contacts me with the part number for the shroud, I will update this to include it)
https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/body/doors/tailgate-handle-13477099-1

Tools Needed for disassembly:
10MM socket/driver
T15 Torx bit
T20 Torx bit
A Soft(plastic) pry tool may come in handy but is not necessary.

To disassemble the the rear hatch is pretty simple.
Start off by removing the handle covers. You can do this with your fingers.
Ford Bronco Sport DIY Writeup: Adding Rear Camera Washer to your Bronco Sport 20210730_120030

Remove 4 T15 Torx from under the handle covers.
Ford Bronco Sport DIY Writeup: Adding Rear Camera Washer to your Bronco Sport 20210730_120520

With the hands gently remove the pop clips from the upper section above the window. Note, start with the section closest to the seam where the two halves meet. There are pop clips that face inward that you need to remove first, then work your way around.
Ford Bronco Sport DIY Writeup: Adding Rear Camera Washer to your Bronco Sport 20210730_115920
Ford Bronco Sport DIY Writeup: Adding Rear Camera Washer to your Bronco Sport 20210730_115902

Next, close the door and open the glass to remove the inner panel. (I never noticed the mountains until I removed this piece)
Ford Bronco Sport DIY Writeup: Adding Rear Camera Washer to your Bronco Sport 20210730_145333

Next open the hatch again and begin pulling the lower panel off. I suggest starting near the handles and working outward. Just pull down and pop each clip as you go. If any get stuck, you can replace them before reassembly.
You will need to unplug the connector for the tailgate lights before it can be set down. The plug is on the driver side of the panel.
Ford Bronco Sport DIY Writeup: Adding Rear Camera Washer to your Bronco Sport 20210730_120812

Now comes the not so much fun part. Removing the Tailgate Handle.

First remove 2 10mm nuts from the bolt stems.
Ford Bronco Sport DIY Writeup: Adding Rear Camera Washer to your Bronco Sport 20210730_120939

Next you need to release the clips holding the Handle to the Hatch. I placed my hand inside the access hole and felt for each clip, pressed it and pushed the Handle out clip by clip. This was a bit tricky, particularly for the lower clips. You may be able to use a soft plastic pry tool, but I did manage to do this with my hands only. You can see the clips on the upper and lower of the Handle below.

I suggest unplugging the buttons and the camera, and disconnecting the cable clips so you can finish the install untethered.
*PRO TIP* Pop the Hatch open with the button before unplugging it.

Ford Bronco Sport DIY Writeup: Adding Rear Camera Washer to your Bronco Sport 20210730_120915

Ford Bronco Sport DIY Writeup: Adding Rear Camera Washer to your Bronco Sport 20210730_122421

Next Remove the 2 T20 Torx holding the camera and shroud on. You can see them in the photo above and below.
Ford Bronco Sport DIY Writeup: Adding Rear Camera Washer to your Bronco Sport 20210730_122703

Now you need to modify the housing. I measured the opening on my 2020 Edge which has the same camera and jet and it was a 12mm x 9mm opening, You will need to notch the bottom to accommodate it. (Again, this part is currently not showing in the parts catalog, when ford contacts me I will update it with it)
I used an exacto, small coping saw and a small file.
Here is the original part number, but ford parts couldnt even find it in the database.
Ford Bronco Sport DIY Writeup: Adding Rear Camera Washer to your Bronco Sport 20210730_123050

Ford Bronco Sport DIY Writeup: Adding Rear Camera Washer to your Bronco Sport 20210730_143736

Clip the Jet onto the camera and place it into the handle. Then put the Camera shroud back on and install the 2 T20 Torx.
Ford Bronco Sport DIY Writeup: Adding Rear Camera Washer to your Bronco Sport 20210730_122834

Ford Bronco Sport DIY Writeup: Adding Rear Camera Washer to your Bronco Sport 20210730_143719

Ford Bronco Sport DIY Writeup: Adding Rear Camera Washer to your Bronco Sport 20210730_143923

Ford Bronco Sport DIY Writeup: Adding Rear Camera Washer to your Bronco Sport 20210730_143929

Set the handle aside and install the hose. The factory hose comes with all the clips you need, just follow around from the top of the hatch where you connect the T all the way around the passenger side to the camera jet.
Ford Bronco Sport DIY Writeup: Adding Rear Camera Washer to your Bronco Sport 20210730_125430

Ford Bronco Sport DIY Writeup: Adding Rear Camera Washer to your Bronco Sport 20210730_125318

Ford Bronco Sport DIY Writeup: Adding Rear Camera Washer to your Bronco Sport 20210730_125245

Ford Bronco Sport DIY Writeup: Adding Rear Camera Washer to your Bronco Sport 20210730_125249

Ford Bronco Sport DIY Writeup: Adding Rear Camera Washer to your Bronco Sport 20210730_125534

Reinstall the Handle slowly and slide the jet hose though the opening seen below
Ford Bronco Sport DIY Writeup: Adding Rear Camera Washer to your Bronco Sport 20210730_144119

Connect the hose to the jet. Then begin to reassemble.

You now have a rear camera washer.

Ford Bronco Sport DIY Writeup: Adding Rear Camera Washer to your Bronco Sport 20210730_144433
Did you ever get the part number for the shroud, I just bought a 2023 BS OXB and the 2023's don't have the washer and I would like to install one

OP
OP
HugeGuyTheory

HugeGuyTheory

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
It saddens me that this thread had to come back. I don't know why the hell Ford would drop the camera washer again. Anyway....

Ford never got back to me, but people within the thread have mentioned "M1PZ-5843401-AA" for the shroud. I have not confirmed this myself, but others have mentioned it. I believe this includes the entire handle and is a RIDICULOUS for what you actually need. $90

It is not hard to modify the original part to be exactly like the others. It's just cutting a simple notch in the plastic. If you have the tools/ability to take the vehicle apart with my guide, you should be able to modify the part as well.

Edited the 1st posting to reflect the part number found.

Last edited:

PugDad

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Lilly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BSBL
It saddens me that this thread had to come back. I don't know why the hell Ford would drop the camera washer again. Anyway....

Ford never got back to me, but people within the thread have mentioned "M1PZ-5843401-AA" for the shroud. I have not confirmed this myself, but others have mentioned it. I believe this includes the entire handle and is a RIDICULOUS for what you actually need. $90

It is not hard to modify the original part to be exactly like the others. It's just cutting a simple notch in the plastic. If you have the tools/ability to take the vehicle apart with my guide, you should be able to modify the part as well.

Edited the 1st posting to reflect the part number found.
Is there even a rear windshield washer on the BL 2023? I thought that was elminated or am i uninformed?

EARLSAYS

Badlands
First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
I also work in parts at a Ford dealership - on my 2023 BS BL I DO NOT have the rear camera washer - I just read this entire thread, and it says that P/N: M1PZ-5843401-AA includes the notch - my VIN calls for this exact part number, and the notch is NOT there on mine....

Is the camera housing removable from the complete handle? I have a feeling the answer to that question is No, it's all sold as one plastic welded togther unit.

OP
OP
HugeGuyTheory

HugeGuyTheory

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I also work in parts at a Ford dealership - on my 2023 BS BL I DO NOT have the rear camera washer - I just read this entire thread, and it says that P/N: M1PZ-5843401-AA includes the notch - my VIN calls for this exact part number, and the notch is NOT there on mine....

Is the camera housing removable from the complete handle? I have a feeling the answer to that question is No, it's all sold as one plastic welded togther unit.
Yes, it's removable. If you look at the photos I posted in the beginning of the thread you can see the housing. I notched it myself.

OP
OP
HugeGuyTheory

HugeGuyTheory

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
As an added bonus I had my tailgate handle painted black to match the front. Some people won't like it, but I do. This is the result.
Ford Bronco Sport DIY Writeup: Adding Rear Camera Washer to your Bronco Sport 20210926_114352
Sponsored