jamos1978

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I got under my BS Base to take a look at the rear carrier, the CUST PN was k2gw4000ah. After searching online other trim levels used this carrier as well. Are the internals different or is this just marketing? If the internals are the same, then from what I can tell, the Base, Big Bend and Outter Banks all have the same differential.

Someone help me out if I am missing something.

Thanks
Sponsored

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
I’m pretty sure that you are right. Nothing really different in the drivetrain of those 3 models. The differences are in the other features.
Once you move to Badlands, then you’ll see drivetrain differences.

Fossil

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Raptor, 95 SVT Mustang 5spd, 95 SHO 5spd
Yes the Base, Big Bend and Outer Banks all have the same differential but beyond that they share common mounting points with the Badlands carrier. In theory a Base could be upgraded to a twin clutch carrier though the programing in the Base would need tweaking to take full advantage. That is way beyond my ken.

"With attachment points shared with its single-clutch cousin, the AdvanTEK Ultra RDU required no modifications to the C2 rear subframe. “It was essentially a drop-in,” Keeler said. “And it’s easily tunable through minor design changes – addition or subtraction of clutch plates, for example, "

https://mavericktruckin.com/tech/fords-dana-twin-clutch-axle-awd-system/

OP
OP

jamos1978

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
That is the direction I was thinking of going. I saw a carrier from a totaled Badlands for sale and got curious.

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
Unless you’re able to use Forscan to add the locking ability, why would you swap the rear diff? Seems more effort than it’s worth. Be better to just get a badlands
Sponsored