Big Bend
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Hey guys!

I have been looking into getting new, more aggressive looking, tires that are the same size as the stock tires (225/65r17) and was wondering if anyone has done something similar? I am looking at the BFG Trail Terrain t/a (225/65r17) but was wondering if anyone else has done something similar?

p.s I would love bigger tires but donā€™t want to go through all the hassle of recalibrating speed/odometerā€¦
Sponsored

Goodland

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Not the stock size, but I can vouch for the Wildpeak AT Trail being a nice tire in 245/65R17. I believe the Trail Terrain is a similar idea. Tighter tread blocks than the AT3W so many people like, but the grip is great on steep and dry as far as I can tell. I was climbing 22Ā°+ degrees without spinning and decending at a controlled 2mph last weekend. This was sandy or gravel over sand in the SoCal desert.

RodNSA

Base
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Hey guys!

I have been looking into getting new, more aggressive looking, tires that are the same size as the stock tires (225/65r17) and was wondering if anyone has done something similar? I am looking at the BFG Trail Terrain t/a (225/65r17) but was wondering if anyone else has done something similar?

p.s I would love bigger tires but donā€™t want to go through all the hassle of recalibrating speed/odometerā€¦
*I love my all terrain tires ... smooth on road yet great off road AT Tires. (I sized up slightly to 235s.)
Ford Bronco Sport Different Tires? Screenshot_20240125_010951

Toyo Open Country ATIII 235 65r17

Bronclahoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Speedo error is minor. I have 245/65/17 Wildpeak AT3w and at 70 mph it's off by a couple of mph. You can run Waze nav app and it shows your GPS speed. Generally you aren't going to get pulled over unless you exceed the limit by 10 or more. The Waze users are active and it shows more police and road hazards than any other nav app I've used.

OP
OP
B-Dog15

B-Dog15

Big Bend
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Speedo error is minor. I have 245/65/17 Wildpeak AT3w and at 70 mph it's off by a couple of mph. You can run Waze nav app and it shows your GPS speed. Generally you aren't going to get pulled over unless you exceed the limit by 10 or more. The Waze users are active and it shows more police and road hazards than any other nav app I've used.
Yeah O get that in just little weird and that would really annoy me even though itā€™s probably already off by that anywaysšŸ˜…

CrashBend

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee / Bronco Sport Outer Banks
I put 255 55 R18 on my Outer Banks and did not see any speedo errors.

metalbender

Big Bend
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
I put the stock size seventeen inch Trail Terrain on my 23 BB. Had them on my 18 F150, great tires. I highly recommend them. Only had 3600 km on the crap Conti's

OP
OP
B-Dog15

B-Dog15

Big Bend
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I put the stock size seventeen inch Trail Terrain on my 23 BB. Had them on my 18 F150, great tires. I highly recommend them. Only had 3600 km on the crap Conti's
You happen to have any pictures of them?