RonSwanson

First Edition
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST, 2020 Edge ST, 2021 Bronco Sport First Edition
Still parking with little to no trouble and backing into my garage even though the alley is now an ice skating rink about a foot thick in most spots.

Any of you east coast residents get out to play in the snow last week?
Sponsored

RonSwanson

First Edition
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I barely made it 10 feet before getting stuck in my alley this morning. At least 18" of snow fell from Sunday night to Tuesday morning. Drifts and snow blown off of roofs made the alley a no man's land. It took an hour just to dig the car back into the garage.

I'm disappointed I ran into a situation the Bronco couldn't handle, but it's also been 10 years since Chicago has gotten that much snow at once. No vehicle without serious ground clearance or tire chains is getting down the alleys right now, so I don't feel so bad. It took something pretty rare to make the BS tap out.

Last edited:

Central Jersey

Big Bend
First Name
Mordechai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport big Bend
Still parking with little to no trouble and backing into my garage even though the alley is now an ice skating rink about a foot thick in most spots.

Any of you east coast residents get out to play in the snow last week?
I did . Had a great time.

Central Jersey

Big Bend
First Name
Mordechai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport big Bend
I barely made it 10 feet before getting stuck in my alley this morning. At least 18" of snow fell from Sunday night to Tuesday morning. Drifts and snow blown off of roofs made the alley a no man's land. It took an hour just to dig the car back into the garage.

I'm disappointed I finally ran into a situation the Bronco couldn't handle, but it's also been 10 years since Chicago has gotten that much snow at once. No vehicle without serious ground clearance or tire chains is getting down the alleys right now, so I don't feel so bad. It took something pretty rare to make the BS tap out.
Your not the only one to get stuck in snow.
2 weeks ago in the morning I drove over a pile from the snow plow

Later in the day . I wanted to drive across the grass in front of a building just to leave tracks 200’ long in the snow . I get up on the grass plowing snow right under me , when I made my turn I got stuck. In stead of digging myself out I hooked up my tow strap went across the road to the gas station found someone willing to pull me out. Was out in 25 seconds.
Snow was 12”+

RonSwanson

First Edition
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your not the only one to get stuck in snow.
2 weeks ago in the morning I drove over a pile from the snow plow

Later in the day . I wanted to drive across the grass in front of a building just to leave tracks 200’ long in the snow . I get up on the grass plowing snow right under me , when I made my turn I got stuck. In stead of digging myself out I hooked up my tow strap went across the road to the gas station found someone willing to pull me out. Was out in 25 seconds.
Snow was 12”+
I mentioned this previously, but there are deep ruts/tracks of solid ice in my alley from a previous 12" snowfall a couple of weeks back. Those were my problem in not being able to get back in my garage again this morning. I couldn't get my wheels turned and get enough traction to get across them.

I'm convinced that if it was just 1.5 - 2.5 feet snow I wouldn't have needed to dig the BS out and would have just been able to claw my way through it. It's going to be such a mess once it starts melting/refreezing back there next week.

Glad you were able to escape quickly with some help.

Central Jersey

Big Bend
First Name
Mordechai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport big Bend
I'm convinced that if it was just 1.5 - 2.5 feet snow I wouldn't have needed to dig the BS out and would have just been able to claw my way through it.
Depends on the type of snow. I took the easy way out!

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
New tech is often just better.
Kudo's Ford.
It will be fun to watch Jeep er as you were, I meant Dodge as jeep is just a model series now, and to see Toyota and Subaru come out with new, better stuff.
Competition Improves every make and model. Or they Ffffade away :'P

Cabezone

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
Kudo's Ford.
It will be fun to watch Jeep er as you were, I meant Dodge as jeep is just a model series now, and to see Toyota and Subaru come out with new, better stuff.
There's no new tech in the BS. They combined a bunch of solid tested tech in a desirable way. It's why I'm not too worried about teething issues.

Ponyrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Nadine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, BMW Z3
Kudo's Ford.
Yup. I've had good luck with Fords. My Subaru handled beautifully in the snow and in slippery conditions. But the look is so blah. And then there was the burning oil at only 4 years old, less than 60,000 miles.....

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Yup. I've had good luck with Fords. My Subaru handled beautifully in the snow and in slippery conditions. But the look is so blah. And then there was the burning oil at only 4 years old, less than 60,000 miles.....
You could not give me a porsche motor.
Sponsored