s-hendrix

Badlands
First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mazdaspeed3
Does it activate when you open the door?

In college I worked at Enterprise and I had to drive a Chrysler 300 that engaged the parking brake when a door opened. It annoyed me because I sometimes like to open my door when backing in to get as close as possible to the curb. This negated my ability to do so.
Sponsored

OP
OP
johnardsg

johnardsg

Big Bend
First Name
johnard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BS BigBend/2011 v6 Rav4
What happens if you open the driver's door going 55mph down the highway? Asking for a friend.
havent tried that...i think it will open but the wind will probably keep the door closed.
You're not planning on doing a stunt like Bruce Willis in DieHard4, right? :sunglasses:

Huntyeraws

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford BS BB
havent tried that...i think it will open but the wind will probably keep the door closed.
You're not planning on doing a stunt like Bruce Willis in DieHard4, right? :sunglasses:
I have done this on occasion when I realize that the door hasn't shut all the way and it is "whistling" I guess I will have to change my habit.

OP
OP
johnardsg

johnardsg

Big Bend
First Name
johnard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BS BigBend/2011 v6 Rav4
I have done this on occasion when I realize that the door hasn't shut all the way and it is "whistling" I guess I will have to change my habit.
Ahhh yeah i see what youre saying, but with the hightech stuff our broncos have, i think it should have said "Door Ajar" on the dash...but if the wind is strong enough, then the sensors might have thought the door was closed. nothing beats the human sensors hehehe

endrMinr

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Sport
Handy feature if you get annoyed with the A-S-S (Auto-Start-Stop) turning off the engine then restarting it when you shift to Park. I don’t bother shifting to Park anymore. H/T to @a33maxi
Ooooooh that is so useful. That Ford 'feature' really annoyed me, but it so small I didnt think there was a way around it. Thanks!

Bigbend410

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Driving along say at 50 mph and you shift your automatic transmission into reverse. What happens? The transmission does not go to reverse, it goes to second gear. Similar with park gear. At speed it clicks until almost stopped then grabs. Not good for trans but not what people think would happen. No doubt the parking brake will not engage until almost stopped.

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
Just an FYI, opening the door does not trigger the auto-park feature, it displays a Vehicle not in park message. Auto-park is triggered when you turn off the engine while not in park. I did not test what happens if I turn off the engine while going 50 mph.
Sponsored