Details, Ford, Details

rasII

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I too am concerned about the wipers in winter or even changing them. What do you do? Turn the motor off with them mid swipe?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Gone Postal

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Bronco Sport
Not my first post.....

For those who aren't familiar with the geography of New York, the Southern Tier is in the lake effects snow belt. If it's a PITA in the snow, like the wiper arms, it's more than a minor issue.

The cupholder? Panic stop in traffic on the highway. Happens. The cup hasn't been an issue in the 3 other vehicles it's been in. If the USB ports were in a different spot, there's no issue.

Whining? Nope, just reality. There are good things about it, there are bad things about it.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Yeah interior panels scratch easy yep.

Disable rear seat reminder.

Sell it to Carmax dump it while values still good and find something you like better. Hopefully better luck on next vehicle.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
After being on several forums for many years, there are all kinds of vehicle owners and all kind of opinions. I’m not a fan of the hidden windshield wipers either but it’s what they did and certainly isn’t anything new to vehicle design. The fact they can be easily moved while not running helps but makes it vulnerable to chipping the hood edge if left up and then started either remotely or without coffee first. I’m not a big fan of the Nannie’s either but they really are not real world problems either IMO. Same with the panel scratches, the first ones annoyed me. Six months later, meh.

At the end of the day it’s your car and if you are not happy with it, get rid of it. Sharing your opinion is what the “forum” is all about. I have no issues at all with you doing that. It more than likely that there are like minded opinions or someone that didn’t know about that was answered by someone responding to your post.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
I too am concerned about the wipers in winter or even changing them. What do you do? Turn the motor off with them mid swipe?
They can be moved with the vehicle off. Just don’t start the vehicle with them up. Your chips in hood will remind you daily that you did.

BodieBronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport 2023
Mine is on order and I'm worried about ford quality as I hear compliments in chats and groups.
But then again, only one other car we've owned has had groups like this, and they complain about things all the time and I know which are similar to my experience and which aren't and what i think of that car.
As I've been shopping for a car, there are silly little things that have caught my eye. 2 cars ago I had rain sensing wipers and I think about them everytime it rains. It's one reason I'm excited about the sport and not wanting the Toyota rav4. My current car has 4 cup holders by the gear shift. It's crazy but nice. I'm a little worried the sport's cup holders will be too small, but I have already found extenders if I decide I need them. Cupholder locations are one reason I've got a sport on order and not a mazda cx-30.
My current car has an automatic lift gate. I don't use it. I open and close it manually. I've heard many people complain that the sport doesn't have the automatic lift gate and that's bad quality for the price. For me I don't yet care, but maybe I'll miss it when I live without it.
No car is going to have everything I want situated the way I want it.
I'm worried about the sport suddenly losing power and dying in the road due to engine or coolant or fuel injection. The rest I'll figure out or deal with or take notes on what I want in my next car. And these forums help me learn about other ideas and accessories available that I might not have known.
I hope OP has found some solutions through reading what others have done.

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
Mine is on order and I'm worried about ford quality as I hear compliments in chats and groups.
But then again, only one other car we've owned has had groups like this, and they complain about things all the time and I know which are similar to my experience and which aren't and what i think of that car.
As I've been shopping for a car, there are silly little things that have caught my eye. 2 cars ago I had rain sensing wipers and I think about them everytime it rains. It's one reason I'm excited about the sport and not wanting the Toyota rav4. My current car has 4 cup holders by the gear shift. It's crazy but nice. I'm a little worried the sport's cup holders will be too small, but I have already found extenders if I decide I need them. Cupholder locations are one reason I've got a sport on order and not a mazda cx-30.
My current car has an automatic lift gate. I don't use it. I open and close it manually. I've heard many people complain that the sport doesn't have the automatic lift gate and that's bad quality for the price. For me I don't yet care, but maybe I'll miss it when I live without it.
No car is going to have everything I want situated the way I want it.
I'm worried about the sport suddenly losing power and dying in the road due to engine or coolant or fuel injection. The rest I'll figure out or deal with or take notes on what I want in my next car. And these forums help me learn about other ideas and accessories available that I might not have known.
I hope OP has found some solutions through reading what others have done.
I have had my first edition for 22 months now and I have to say it is absolutely one of the best cars I have had , mostly I have had a lot of Lincoln and fords for most of my 45 years of driving .In 2010 I bought a Lincoln MKS very nice car but at 18 months old I lost a engine, it does happen,two weeks later I was driving it again,Ford took care of everything .With my new bronco I did buy the Ford ESP warranty, I have bought that warranty for the last 40 years or so .Peace of mind. Drive your new ride and enjoy .

Ford Bronco Sport Details, Ford, Details 319F9294-FF53-4A0B-A221-E23C0B55FD91

Ford Bronco Sport Details, Ford, Details 0D6AD219-69AB-4D66-8852-86B714DBEEE4

LastBronco

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Now that I've had the Bronco Sport for a bit:

It's a really nice vehicle with a couple really nasty flaws.

It handles great, excellent both on the highway and around town.

Good gas mileage, would probably be better if not for my very heavy right foot.

The seats took me a while to find the right position for me, (back and leg issues), but I've found the happy spot.

Love the heated steering wheel, the controls are intuitive.

The turning radius is awesome. Love being able to turn on a dime.

Hate........

Nannies.

I drive long distances, frequently by myself. The Sync nannies preventing me from changing/searching for music really piss me off.

I don't need a warning to check my back seat. Thank you idiots, the nanny state and lawyers for making that a requirement.

And finally, details.

USB outlets in the center bin........in direct path from the cupholders. What happens when you have to slam on the brakes and you have a cup of coffee in the cupholders? The USB outlets get a bath. Electronics don't LIKE liquids.In my Dodge, the USB outlets that comment to the infotainment system are in the center armrest. In my F150, they're under the center storage in the dash. Is it really that difficult to put them in a protected spot?

Windshield wipers......

They're deep under the back of the hood.

Anyone care to guess how much of a PITA it is to clear that after a nice wet snow freezes? They really didn't think that one through.

Plastics in the interior.....

Nice feel, but good god they mark easily.

All in all, it's a nice small SUV.......that won't be in my driveway long. For everything I like about it, the flaws and poor design choices make it a poor choice for me.
There's many more flaws for you yet to discover 🤣

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
You’re right, you shouldn’t have to use a pool noodle.

You should simply do what literally everyone does when wet snow is likely to freeze- lift the wipers off the windshield. Letting them freeze to the window has been a pain for literally every car I’ve ever driven in the winter, it’s not some kind of flaw specific to the BS.
To be fair, you have to put them into the service position before you can do that -- and so have to remember to do so first when parking, before you intend to lift the wipers. But, I've also found that warming up, the defroster takes care of it anyway, so that I can scoop out under the hood/windshield if still necessary.

rasII

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
To be fair, you have to put them into the service position before you can do that -- and so have to remember to do so first when parking, before you intend to lift the wipers. But, I've also found that warming up, the defroster takes care of it anyway, so that I can scoop out under the hood/windshield if still necessary.
How do you put them in service position?

jmhpi49

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Now that I've had the Bronco Sport for a bit:

It's a really nice vehicle with a couple really nasty flaws.

It handles great, excellent both on the highway and around town.

Good gas mileage, would probably be better if not for my very heavy right foot.

The seats took me a while to find the right position for me, (back and leg issues), but I've found the happy spot.

Love the heated steering wheel, the controls are intuitive.

The turning radius is awesome. Love being able to turn on a dime.

Hate........

Nannies.

I drive long distances, frequently by myself. The Sync nannies preventing me from changing/searching for music really piss me off.

I don't need a warning to check my back seat. Thank you idiots, the nanny state and lawyers for making that a requirement.

And finally, details.

USB outlets in the center bin........in direct path from the cupholders. What happens when you have to slam on the brakes and you have a cup of coffee in the cupholders? The USB outlets get a bath. Electronics don't LIKE liquids.In my Dodge, the USB outlets that comment to the infotainment system are in the center armrest. In my F150, they're under the center storage in the dash. Is it really that difficult to put them in a protected spot?

Windshield wipers......

They're deep under the back of the hood.

Anyone care to guess how much of a PITA it is to clear that after a nice wet snow freezes? They really didn't think that one through.

Plastics in the interior.....

Nice feel, but good god they mark easily.

All in all, it's a nice small SUV.......that won't be in my driveway long. For everything I like about it, the flaws and poor design choices make it a poor choice for me.
My OB has wiper defrosters and USB plugs inside and on the back of the center console. You can change the radio stations on the steering wheel. I'm good with mine.

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
How do you put them in service position?
You can turn the ignition to Accessory mode (key or pushbutton), activate the wiper single-swipe mist function, and quickly turn the ignition OFF (key or pushbutton). The wipers will be parked upright on the windshield. Do this so that any messing with the wipers/arms, you won't be contacting the trailing edge of the hood. As others have said, if you lift them DON'T FORGET to put them back onto the glass before touching any mode of the ignition, or you'll crash them back down against the back of the hood. (They will move automatically back to "parked" under the hood (or 'try' to do so) in any case -- you want that to happen safely.)

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2021/MC-10202628-0001.pdf

Jill

Badlands
First Name
Gillian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Kodiak Brown Bronco Sport Badlands
My 21 Badlands has a heated windshield area so no issues here in southern Ontario.

Jill

Badlands
First Name
Gillian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Kodiak Brown Bronco Sport Badlands
My OB has wiper defrosters and USB plugs inside and on the back of the center console. You can change the radio stations on the steering wheel. I'm good with mine.
My 21 Badlands has heated wiper area as well and if you have voice commands, you can change the station that way as well!
Sponsored