Dealer markup and Z-plan

Laura

First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
How does the Z-plan affect dealer markup? Please pardon my ignorance, but I have not used the Z-plan before. There is a local dealer that has their non-Base models $3000-7500 above the MSRP. Does the Z-plan pricing become a certain percentage off that market adjustment? I am not so opposed to paying MSRP because it's in demand, but I don't want to just hand over a bunch money unnecessarily.
Sponsored

retiredguy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BB , 2020 Ecosport, 2017 Escape
How does the Z-plan affect dealer markup? Please pardon my ignorance, but I have not used the Z-plan before. There is a local dealer that has their non-Base models $3-5K above the MSRP. Does the Z-plan pricing become a certain percentage off that market adjustment? I am not so opposed to paying MSRP because it's in demand, but I don't want to just hand over a bunch money unnecessarily.
I used the X Plan back in January for my BB. The dealer was about 3 hrs from my home. All correspondence was done by email and phone. I was given a specific price for the Sport and any dealer fees were capped at $100. I have heard some dealers owould not honor the plan but I did not have an issue.

Kachadurian

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Fiat 500
How does the Z-plan affect dealer markup? Please pardon my ignorance, but I have not used the Z-plan before. There is a local dealer that has their non-Base models $3000-7500 above the MSRP. Does the Z-plan pricing become a certain percentage off that market adjustment? I am not so opposed to paying MSRP because it's in demand, but I don't want to just hand over a bunch money unnecessarily.
I live in Michigan, so perhaps their are too many people who know whats going on, but there is an exact Z plan price you should pay.

My dealer gave me the Z plan price as stated on the invoice. Notice also, all of the options are discounted as well. See photo.

Tom

Ford Bronco Sport Dealer markup and Z-plan Invoice

CDN Jen

Badlands
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, 2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
I live in Michigan, so perhaps their are too many people who know whats going on, but there is an exact Z plan price you should pay.

My dealer gave me the Z plan price as stated on the invoice. Notice also, all of the options are discounted as well. See photo.

Tom

Ford Bronco Sport Dealer markup and Z-plan Invoice
Correct. A/Z-plan is the no-haggle rock bottom best price. I can't imagine the hassle of shopping for a new car without it.

OP
OP

Laura

First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Thank you all. At this point, I cannot get this particular dealer to even give a yes or no on whether they honor the A/Z/X pricing.

CDN Jen

Badlands
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, 2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Thank you all. At this point, I cannot get this particular dealer to even give a yes or no on whether they honor the A/Z/X pricing.
I would reach out to another dealer. I've always had A/Z plan and dealers always seemed extra courteous to me, even outside of Michigan. If they're giving you the run around already, that's a red flag to me.

There are lots of dealers out there who will thank you for bringing your A/Z business their way. Sounds like this isn't one of them.

Dbcamp

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
1st dealer I went to said they would honor x-plan but would not reduce dealer handling of $599 which is supposed to be capped at $100 as part of x-plan. 2nd dealer I went to said they would honor x-plan and dealer handling would be capped at $100. I ordered through dealer number 2. After I e-mailed my build they immediately e-mailed back confirmation pricing that included both regular and x-plan pricing.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
unfortunately just a lot of ***** taking advantage of demand and trying to work over customers...the ones who keep their business open. One of the dealers I tried to work with kept giving me a run around. Called me again today asking if I was ready to make the purchase. I said you don't keep up on Ford memos very well do you? Blah blah here to serve. I said yeah I already have one in the system. They replied, hang on I just pulled all our sales sheets, I didn't see your order in there. I replied...well unless you moved an hour east to a different dealership...I'd say you are right. Have a great day.

OP
OP

Laura

First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Just talked to a gentleman at a VERY welcoming dealership who seems committed to helping me find or build the vehicle I want. He's happy to apply the Z-plan PIN and seemed excited about how much money I'm going to save.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Just talked to a gentleman at a VERY welcoming dealership who seems committed to helping me find or build the vehicle I want. He's happy to apply the Z-plan PIN and seemed excited about how much money I'm going to save.
THAT is customer centered service. They want you to be happy, they make their money guaranteed. Had a friend who was a Chrysler dealer. He would tell me not now...give it a month if you can. Here's where you save the money...he understood the game and sales and treated me like a friend. Dealers are your connection to that business. When you are talking a five figure investment, they better kiss your butt a little. I prefer straight forward tell me how it is. I will spend extra to get what I need, and know I'm being treated truthfully and fair. The guy who ultimately gained my business was worth an hour drive. I knew what I wanted, knew what to expect and he was mark for mark telling me straight up what to expect. That's a business deal.

OP
OP

Laura

First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
THAT is customer centered service. They want you to be happy, they make their money guaranteed. Had a friend who was a Chrysler dealer. He would tell me not now...give it a month if you can. Here's where you save the money...he understood the game and sales and treated me like a friend. Dealers are your connection to that business. When you are talking a five figure investment, they better kiss your butt a little. I prefer straight forward tell me how it is. I will spend extra to get what I need, and know I'm being treated truthfully and fair. The guy who ultimately gained my business was worth an hour drive. I knew what I wanted, knew what to expect and he was mark for mark telling me straight up what to expect. That's a business deal.

This guy was great! We talked about options and my must-have and he made some recommendations that would help satisfy all my needs (possibility of aftermarket leather through a third party that could be covered under warranty, addition of remote start, etc.). I'm not sure which way I will be going, but I'll be working with him to get there.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
This guy was great! We talked about options and my must-have and he made some recommendations that would help satisfy all my needs (possibility of aftermarket leather through a third party that could be covered under warranty, addition of remote start, etc.). I'm not sure which way I will be going, but I'll be working with him to get there.
that's awesome. Sounds like you found the right guy and that's how it's SUPPOSED to be make no mistake. My guy and many others made similar suggestions, never pushy, just opinions and I took the advice for what it was worth. Enjoy the process. Glad it worked out for you. Now be ready to 'suffer' for a few months :)
Sponsored