Dealer lets people test drive your new Bronco Sport…

kyle_conrad

Outer Banks
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kyleconrad.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Who would test drive something like a Bronco Sport and not test it’s “off-roadiness”? So, knowing someone just went stupid to see what it’s like to off-road test my vehicle, would be bad.
I test drove mine by hopping on a highway and then to a shopping center parking lot. Which uh is probably realistically 95+% of what I'll be doing in it haha.
Sponsored

tburner

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
The dealership I bought from let me test drive a nice Badlands. They didn't even ride along with me, they turned me loose solo. I hooned the shit out of it on and off road. Turns out it was someone's special ordered BS. Not surprised, though. That dealership sucked.

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Now that we’ve placed an order for a BS Badlands, I was wondering:

How would you guys feel if your dealer allowed other people to test drive your Bronco Sport, something you customized, ordered and waited months for, before you picked it up?
Angry.

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
This is pretty much my nightmare scenario now. Still, dealer has been good through the whole process, so I expect it’ll be alright. But I’ll have to make sure of it.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Most dealers aren't going to let that happen. My dealer called me as soon as it got unloaded off truck and said come down in couple hours to pick up. Mine had 24 miles on it but it was a microchip missing lot rot sat at plant ect so didn't care about that small of miles....

Petroph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 F150
My dealership wouldn't let me test drive a fully deck out model as it was a custom order. However they did let me test drive a base model that someone backed out of.

But I would be angry as hell if I rolled up to collect my BS I waited months for only for them to tell me it's on a test drive at the moment.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
It would be pretty shitty to ask someone for a deposit, wait months to get the vehicle, then let someone else test drive it. On the other end of that, those fears rest in what you do to a test vehicle. Personally I drove a dealer inventory about three miles, knew what I had, and placed the order. I did not off road, jump on the gas, etc that's not how I drive, why test it that way.
My dealer received the keys and locked them in his desk to prevent anyone from touching them. He parked it in the back row of the service lot. I appreciate his extra effort, though he was more concerned with someone selling it out from under me. Sounds like most have had the same type of care protecting their vehicles.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Who would test drive something like a Bronco Sport and not test it’s “off-roadiness”? So, knowing someone just went stupid to see what it’s like to off-road test my vehicle, would be bad.

(My dealer did tell me that people will be looking at it and asked me if I’d allow them to sit in it with a salesperson present. I told them yes and they said thank you as I was the first to say yes.)
Me...it wasn't my vehicle and I didn't need to know, guess I respect other people's property. Most of my driving is in country roads and highways...the offroading is occasional fun with the one I bought.

OP
OP

Adam CW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
How many miles should be on a new vehicle by the time it’s ready to be picked up?

My 2016 Fusion had about 7 and the 2019 Escape around 25. Both were dealer ordered.

Petroph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 F150
How many miles should be on a new vehicle by the time it’s ready to be picked up?

My 2016 Fusion had about 7 and the 2019 Escape around 25. Both were dealer ordered.
Guess it depends if the dealer test drives it to ensure functionality I guess. 🤷

thegadgetfish

Outer Banks
First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
My car was delivered in December, but due to family issues I couldn't pick it up til January. It had 40 miles on it, so pretty sure the dealer let people test drive.

HomePeace

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Big Bend

My 2022 Big Bend had 7, the one i test drove had 125 and he even let me drive home to pick up mom to show her before i made the decision. Yes i am a momma's boy lol.

Now my 2001 honda accord had 0.4 miles on it. Assembly to loading onto truck and off truck to dealer spot then the fill up prior to purchase. That one felt like a unicorn event.

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
I’ve never had that happen. I’d be pissed.
I’ve looked at two sold units one was an Outback wilderness and the other was a BS. They opened them let me stick my head inside and that was it. My HD dealer had a sold sportster s that they let me throw a leg over. But just on gp alone I wouldn’t drive someone else’s ride.
Sponsored