Cut my bumper, a new way to cut!

Raff Catalan

First Name
Raff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Wildtrak
Hi, my name is Raff and i'm from Brazil!

Cut my bumper, but try a new way to cut, based in my life style and my way... This is a part 1 of a series of videos about offroad modifications to the bumper of my 2021 Bronco Sport, the only one in the world with this and other protections...

In this first You Tube video I show some reasons why I cut the Bronco's bumper so you can understand what will be the sequence of the project for the development of this new bumper designed for my offroad use.

An audacious and very delicate project that demanded months of preparation and studies even before this stage that I recorded for you, so don't forget to comment your opinion, clear your doubts and tell me if you would dare.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XE0LZa9W8FY

Ford Bronco Sport Cut my bumper, a new way to cut! cutbumper

You like? Send me questions...
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
O.K. I will ask, why was the bumper cut? Are you wanting to simply have a different look to the front of the bronco sport?

jkeaton

Big Bend
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend / 2013 Escape Titanium
Your video is in Spanish so I did not watch it. Have no idea what you are saying or why you are doing this besides likes for you utube channel?

Last edited:

Bluebaru

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BS Badlands, 2019 VW GTI Rabbit ed. 03 JCW MCS
As he is in Brazil. I suspect this is in Portuguese but as I don't speak that or Spanish, I will just address the why he is doing this, based on my background (other than just YouTube likes) in some off-roading with the Subaru community and 30 years of Auto experience. In the Autocross world, many young people would say "Because Race Car" but as this is for off-road use I'm not sure there is a direct translation but I've seen many Subaru's do similar things. This is not a Hack job! It appears he is doing a very professional job of improving his approach angle and creating a little more room for larger tires. As this is part one, maybe he will do something at the rear of the wheel well, as well, to help with larger tires but there have been several people on this forum, that have documented wheel well mods, in the past. So. I suspect this is mostly about approach angle and a more durable bumper.

This maybe the future Blueprint for the, do it yourselfer's out there, in the coming years. I, for one, will say Bravo, for the excellent start!

Edit. After viewing the CC English translation, it is indeed about replacing the already damaged part and creating more "attack (approach) angle" but in addition to that, he says he relocated the control module upward. This is something several people have been trying to figure out how to do but he doesn't really show what was done but I think he said there would be more on that, in the future. It's my understanding, from others on this forum, that there isn't enough length to the wiring to do that but maybe he was able to move it a few inches? Maybe he moved it more to the middle of the car than up? Moving it up might improve the water fording depth? Moving it up and or in might move it a little more out of harms way from trail/rock damage but being behind his upcoming steel under bumper protection, I suspect it's partly about just keeping the front end symmetrical, while maximizing his approach angle.

Last edited:

jkeaton

Big Bend
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend / 2013 Escape Titanium
I too, am interested in what the goal is and the final result. Just don't understand the language.

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
I watched it in full, and while I did not understand the language dialog, I realized he cut across the entire front, and it appears he will add a small lower valance across the front. As to clearance, the metal bumper gaurd is still there in front, so he will not (IMO) gain any ground clearance that I can see.

I may continue to watch further vids from him to see if he continues with these mods so it explains (to me) what he is trying to accomplish.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Based on the English captions, this mod appears to be an effort to increase approach angle. Could this mod also serve as the basis for a winch mount? I would have to get a better understanding of how the final product is attached to the vehicle.

Last edited:

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
Could this mod serve as the basis for a winch mount? I would have to get a better understanding of how the final product is attached to the vehicle.
You said it better than what I was trying to get at...this is a major reconstruction to the front end; I don't see how it can be for clearance, as there is clearly suspension and body material exposed now.

Goinbroke2

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco sport badlands
As someone with a YouTube channel, some of the comments are plain ignorant!
I don’t speak Spanish or Portuguese or whatever, but I’m watching it in bed with the wife sleeping (no sound) and I was easily able to figure out what he was doing and why. The plastic front bumper was damaged and (like me) he’s trying to make his BS better off road. Better approach angle, better protection and of course it adds to his other mods. Full length skid plate and rock sliders, I’d love to copy exactly what he’s doing as it’s very professional looking.

But hey, maybe he’s just “looking for clicks” and offers nothing to the viewer🤬🤬🤬🤬

Goinbroke2

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi, my name is Raff and i'm from Brazil!

Cut my bumper, but try a new way to cut, based in my life style and my way... This is a part 1 of a series of videos about offroad modifications to the bumper of my 2021 Bronco Sport, the only one in the world with this and other protections...

In this first You Tube video I show some reasons why I cut the Bronco's bumper so you can understand what will be the sequence of the project for the development of this new bumper designed for my offroad use.

An audacious and very delicate project that demanded months of preparation and studies even before this stage that I recorded for you, so don't forget to comment your opinion, clear your doubts and tell me if you would dare.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XE0LZa9W8FY

Ford Bronco Sport Cut my bumper, a new way to cut! cutbumper

You like? Send me questions...
Awesome job, very professional looking.
Subscribed!!

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
As someone with a YouTube channel, some of the comments are plain ignorant!
I don’t speak Spanish or Portuguese or whatever, but I’m watching it in bed with the wife sleeping (no sound) and I was easily able to figure out what he was doing and why. The plastic front bumper was damaged and (like me) he’s trying to make his BS better off road. Better approach angle, better protection and of course it adds to his other mods. Full length skid plate and rock sliders, I’d love to copy exactly what he’s doing as it’s very professional looking.

But hey, maybe he’s just “looking for clicks” and offers nothing to the viewer🤬🤬🤬🤬
I was not being ignorant, nor do I see the comments here directed that way, but rather did not get why he was cutting up the front end of his BS. I don't see me being the only one, as a couple of opinions as to why give me that impression. As jkeaton ponts out, I did not feel like I have to change my settings for one vid.

As I stated before, his work looked to be very precise...just did not know why he was doing it.

Goinbroke2

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Perhaps I should of stated "those that don't actually wheel don't understand why someone would do this mod"?
Same as buying and driving a stock mustang and not understanding why someone would change the rear gear and mini tub it.....if you drag raced, it would be more than obvious, if you don't though.....?

Regardless, shouldn't of attacked you and I apologise.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
Perhaps I should of stated "those that don't actually wheel don't understand why someone would do this mod"?
Same as buying and driving a stock mustang and not understanding why someone would change the rear gear and mini tub it.....if you drag raced, it would be more than obvious, if you don't though.....?

Regardless, shouldn't of attacked you and I apologise.
No apologies necessary. I did decide that I need to learn Spanish perhaps!
Sponsored