Custom Letters for Rear Hatch

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
So all the shops I spoke with were quoting upwards of $700 to machine these due to the size and individual letters. I opted to resin print them and keep them a bit thinner than the stock letters. They finished today, I just need to clean up any leftover supports.

I'll put 3M automotive tape on them, cut to size, prime and paint in a slightly metallic white, use automotive clear coat, and then replace the stock letters. If these have trouble, well, I'll print them again.

Not possible without @HUSBANDOFBS! Thank you.

Ford Bronco Sport Custom Letters for Rear Hatch ?hash=efee77d3dd35630b0bd8eadccd343ceb
Absolutely awesome!!
Sponsored

OP
OP
SenzeiReese

SenzeiReese

Badlands
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Some imperfections that make me want to reprint, and I think even though the paint seems to hold fine, I'd like to plastidip after install just to get a smooth layer.

They held up fine, but I can see why it would make sense to make the letters thicker after comparing to the stock letters.
Ford Bronco Sport Custom Letters for Rear Hatch 20220611_184046

HUSBANDOFBS

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BB
NICE! What scale did you downsize the REBIRTH letters to?

HUSBANDOFBS

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BB
I printed these last night just for giggles. I left them at 75.5mm x 28.5mm and 3mm thick. From the look and feel of the 3mm ones, I'd say around 4 to 4.5 would be good all around for strength with a tad of flex. Took the R out to the OWNEROFBS's and the look and size is really close ot OEM. Post up if you print more!

Ford Bronco Sport Custom Letters for Rear Hatch 01

Ford Bronco Sport Custom Letters for Rear Hatch 02

Some boogers to remove, but a pretty clean print overall.

Ford Bronco Sport Custom Letters for Rear Hatch 03

OP
OP
SenzeiReese

SenzeiReese

Badlands
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I printed these last night just for giggles. I left them at 75.5mm x 28.5mm and 3mm thick. From the look and feel of the 3mm ones, I'd say around 4 to 4.5 would be good all around for strength with a tad of flex. Took the R out to the OWNEROFBS's and the look and size is really close ot OEM. Post up if you print more!

Ford Bronco Sport Custom Letters for Rear Hatch 01

Ford Bronco Sport Custom Letters for Rear Hatch 02

Some boogers to remove, but a pretty clean print overall.

Ford Bronco Sport Custom Letters for Rear Hatch 03
These look great! Are you using a filament or a resin printer?

HUSBANDOFBS

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BB
Filament. This was done with PARAMOUNT's white ABS. THE best printing filament I have ever used. It's great for prototyping or parts that you are gonna paint, as it's more of a translucent frost color than white.

OP
OP
SenzeiReese

SenzeiReese

Badlands
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Filament. This was done with PARAMOUNT's white ABS. THE best printing filament I have ever used. It's great for prototyping or parts that you are gonna paint, as it's more of a translucent frost color than white.
I'd be more than willing to pay for a filament print of those letters. I'm still not confident resin will hold up to the elements. I'd pay $$ or even trade a resin print. My profile picture is an example of what I've printed and painted myself.

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I'd be more than willing to pay for a filament print of those letters. I'm still not confident resin will hold up to the elements. I'd pay $$ or even trade a resin print. My profile picture is an example of what I've printed and painted myself.
Your profile pic is a 3D print? It looks awesome!

HUSBANDOFBS

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BB
Damn nice looking job on the model !!!!!!!!! I know that takes talent and time !!

And, You've got mail.

Art4All

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Sport Outer Banks - Cyber Orange
So cool! Please post pictures when you get it completed!

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
It is! A Captain America theme is what I'm working for on the BS, too.
Ford Bronco Sport Custom Letters for Rear Hatch 20220521_142527
What an awesome model! Incredible artwork for the paint job. Good luck on pulling together your BS theme too! Curious to see how it takes shape for you as I have a few Captain America things to use myself on mine.
https://www.amazon.ca/Plasticolor-002285R01-Marvel-Captain-America/dp/B01BOSTTTY. Starting with this. Bought for the Explorer & never used, may as well put it on the BS even if that will be silver instead of blue.