BabyBraptor

Big Bend
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Do you have anymore pictures of the whole set up? I'm looking to do the same thing
Sponsored

OP
OP
V8 Yankee

V8 Yankee

Outer Banks
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
Hello
Do you have anymore pictures of the whole set up? I'm looking to do the same thing
Hello, I customized my exhaust last March. I wrote up a detailed post on March 24th. If you look at my posts you'll find it under "Custom Exhaust". This was money well spent. Sounds awesome, looks good! Take a look, any questions just let me know.

OP
OP
V8 Yankee

V8 Yankee

Outer Banks
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
I can take a better photograph from underneath on my next oil change. Really it's a simple install. I removed everything from the OEM resonator between the CC and muffler. Used 2.25" pipe starting where the original resonator was located. Installed 2X 2.25" Vibrant Resonators where the OEM muffler was located and finalized with 3" Ceramic coated tips. After 9 months sounds the same, awesome. I also sound proofed the wheel well just to take the sound down a bit inside. If you want ultra quiet keep the OEM muffler. You will get more noise inside, not distracting but it will be louder. Outside sounds even better, no popping, no exotic sound like a Borla system, just a smooth, low, deep bass sound.

BadlandsBear

Badlands
First Name
Pineda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Hello all BS officiendos, I took the plunge and customized the exhaust on my 1.5 OB. Short version is, it sounds surprisingly awesome! Compared to the anemic sound coming from the gargantuan OEM muffler that is. Now I know there are plenty of nay sayers thinking why waste good money on something that at the most will gain u 5 or 6 extra hp. For me it was just to refine the sound, maybe gain a mile a gallon in the process.
Some back story first. I'm a old school 60s and 70s V8 guy. I've had Ford and Chevy SM & BB V8s, did a lot of playing around with headers, cross over pipes and every type of muffler imaginable. So I know a little about what works and what doesn't when it comes to sound. If someone told me I would be tweaking a 3 cylinder exhaust system one day I would most likely say they were high.
Flash forward to 2022, I'm tweaking on a 3 cyl. exhaust. I started behind the rear axle and added a Y, from there I welded on two 12" Vibrant Ultra Quiet SS Muffler /Resonators. Angled straight out the bumper slots and finished it off with two 3" ceramic black tips. The stainless mufflers with the back tips really makes it look good if you are back ten feet or so.
Is there any way to compare a 3 cyl with a dualed off V8, not in any stretch of the imagination can u compare. But from my worn out ears perspective it does sound good. Did I gain a noticible amount of power, a little, especially in sport mode. Not sure about mileage yet as I'm having too much fun now driving like I'm going to a fire. I'll let you know when I make my upcoming cross country drive on any mileage gain. Two final notes, only drone noise is on cold starts. It goes away when it idles down. City and Hwy cruising I hear a deep, smooth, low bass like sound. Pleasant even with the music off. On the intake side I added K&N filter. So to finish off, it is fun to customize, feel all giddy like I did when I was 17 and couldn't wait to go burn some rubber. No rubber burning nowdays but still fun.
Cost:
2X Vibrant SS 2.25" Ultra Quiet Mufflers, $216 (Amazon)
2X Black 3" Ceramic Tips, $50 (local muffler shop)
2X Hangers, $12
2X 45 degree elbows, $15
1X Y, $15
3 feet of 2.25" pipe, $10
Less than one hour to install.

Ford Bronco Sport Custom Exhaust 20220324_191559

Ford Bronco Sport Custom Exhaust 20220324_191651
Looks like a quality setup! I might be in my late 30's but my first car was a 69 firebird. I bored and stroked it to a 461 so I am with you on the V8 sound but you might be surprised what people are doing with 3 cylinders now. Completely different than the ecoboost but Koenigsegg made 600hp from a 3 cylinder and Cossworth and Toyota in GR Carolla make good power from their 1.6 3 cylinder. I am interested what your system would sound like on a 2.0 Badlands! Nice to see you don’t have to spend $1000+ to get better sound

red_stang76

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 F-150
Hello all BS officiendos, I took the plunge and customized the exhaust on my 1.5 OB. Short version is, it sounds surprisingly awesome! Compared to the anemic sound coming from the gargantuan OEM muffler that is. Now I know there are plenty of nay sayers thinking why waste good money on something that at the most will gain u 5 or 6 extra hp. For me it was just to refine the sound, maybe gain a mile a gallon in the process.
Some back story first. I'm a old school 60s and 70s V8 guy. I've had Ford and Chevy SM & BB V8s, did a lot of playing around with headers, cross over pipes and every type of muffler imaginable. So I know a little about what works and what doesn't when it comes to sound. If someone told me I would be tweaking a 3 cylinder exhaust system one day I would most likely say they were high.
Flash forward to 2022, I'm tweaking on a 3 cyl. exhaust. I started behind the rear axle and added a Y, from there I welded on two 12" Vibrant Ultra Quiet SS Muffler /Resonators. Angled straight out the bumper slots and finished it off with two 3" ceramic black tips. The stainless mufflers with the back tips really makes it look good if you are back ten feet or so.
Is there any way to compare a 3 cyl with a dualed off V8, not in any stretch of the imagination can u compare. But from my worn out ears perspective it does sound good. Did I gain a noticible amount of power, a little, especially in sport mode. Not sure about mileage yet as I'm having too much fun now driving like I'm going to a fire. I'll let you know when I make my upcoming cross country drive on any mileage gain. Two final notes, only drone noise is on cold starts. It goes away when it idles down. City and Hwy cruising I hear a deep, smooth, low bass like sound. Pleasant even with the music off. On the intake side I added K&N filter. So to finish off, it is fun to customize, feel all giddy like I did when I was 17 and couldn't wait to go burn some rubber. No rubber burning nowdays but still fun.
Cost:
2X Vibrant SS 2.25" Ultra Quiet Mufflers, $216 (Amazon)
2X Black 3" Ceramic Tips, $50 (local muffler shop)
2X Hangers, $12
2X 45 degree elbows, $15
1X Y, $15
3 feet of 2.25" pipe, $10
Less than one hour to install.

Ford Bronco Sport Custom Exhaust 20220324_191559

Ford Bronco Sport Custom Exhaust 20220324_191651

Looks very nice.

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
Looks like a quality setup! I might be in my late 30's but my first car was a 69 firebird. I bored and stroked it to a 461 so I am with you on the V8 sound but you might be surprised what people are doing with 3 cylinders now. Completely different than the ecoboost but Koenigsegg made 600hp from a 3 cylinder and Cossworth and Toyota in GR Carolla make good power from their 1.6 3 cylinder. I am interested what your system would sound like on a 2.0 Badlands! Nice to see you don’t have to spend $1000+ to get better sound

Hell I'm 78 and agree with you. I'm getting a '23 OBX so I'm stuck with the 1.5 motor. MBPR has a resonator back system I have my eye on. I wish I had a custom exhaust shop around here to fabricate like you did.
Sponsored