Cross Shopping BS (Bronco reservation holder)

NotAnonymous

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Hola...how is everyone enjoying their Sports thus far (especially the Badlands trim, which I'm considering as an alternative to my Bronco reservation)? Fit and finish? Adequate interior dimensions for your uses? Any moderate off-roading yet? On-road manners?

Thx in advance!
Sponsored

dinglehead

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Ranger FX4
I went and drove one (a badlands) and it surprised me.

The fit and finish are solid. It doesnt feel nearly as small as I expected.

Im concerned with the actual cargo and passenger capacity a little bit, as Ive been driving a Pilot for 5 years..... but I have a feeling it wouldn't be a huge problem in real life with a hitch carrier and the roof available to carry extra stuff.

OP
OP

NotAnonymous

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
I went and drove one (a badlands) and it surprised me.

The fit and finish are solid. It doesnt feel nearly as small as I expected.

Im concerned with the actual cargo and passenger capacity a little bit, as Ive been driving a Pilot for 5 years..... but I have a feeling it wouldn't be a huge problem in real life with a hitch carrier and the roof available to carry extra stuff.
Yep - since I have to decide by mid-March whether to order the Bronco, I'm planning to test drive the Sport Badlands within the next couple of weeks to see if that will fit the bill. I'm looking for my long-term daily driver and every once in awhile light off-road vehicle, so the BS BL looks like a very promising alternative.

Headsong

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Toyota Tundra
Me, too. Esp. after this morning's Ford news on Bronco...a new B&P in MARCH, AFTER ordering in January. Huh? WTF? So now I'm leaning hard to the BL/BL and tow packages....just wish it was topless! If you could handle a Pilot, this should be about the same, right? The Ridgeline has about the same size 'bed' as the Sport....seats down. I want my top off!

dinglehead

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Ranger FX4
Me, too. Esp. after this morning's Ford news on Bronco...a new B&P in MARCH, AFTER ordering in January. Huh? WTF? So now I'm leaning hard to the BL/BL and tow packages....just wish it was topless! If you could handle a Pilot, this should be about the same, right? The Ridgeline has about the same size 'bed' as the Sport....seats down. I want my top off!
Eh..... it’s quite a bit smaller than the pilot which is surprisingly large. It’s like a solid 2ft shorter.

Geojive

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Eh..... it’s quite a bit smaller than the pilot which is surprisingly large. It’s like a solid 2ft shorter.
The Pilot was originally a smeller Bronco Sport sized vehicle when it first came out. Now they are large. Do they have a 3rd row of seats?

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124, Bronco Sport Badlands
Me, too. Esp. after this morning's Ford news on Bronco...a new B&P in MARCH, AFTER ordering in January. Huh?
Reading the comments over on Bronco6G, it sort of reinforces my opinion that Ford engineering has done a great job but Ford marketing and Ford IT are subpar. Looking at the whole-system user experience, they have created a lot of unnecessary frustration. Blame it on the pandemic maybe but if I were in Ford leadership, I would be pretty upset... they need all of the parts working together for this launch to go well.

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BL, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy
I have one that has been shipped but can't help you with any driving impressions yet. It's surprising how few (like none) Bronco Sport owners are on YT with their vehicles. Lots of reviews from after the embargo lifted but no one is actually posting with their vehicles hitting the trails yet. What convinced me to order one was after seeing what it could do in Moab. I was concerned with the lack of a low range transfer case but the computers and slick rear type locker obviously is doing the trick. Can only imagine if it truly had a 4L range. The BL with the optional tires does have 8.8" of ground clearance which really is pretty decent. You can do a lot with that and a good driver!

BroncoFan1

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I have one that has been shipped but can't help you with any driving impressions yet. It's surprising how few (like none) Bronco Sport owners are on YT with their vehicles. Lots of reviews from after the embargo lifted but no one is actually posting with their vehicles hitting the trails yet. What convinced me to order one was after seeing what it could do in Moab. I was concerned with the lack of a low range transfer case but the computers and slick rear type locker obviously is doing the trick. Can only imagine if it truly had a 4L range. The BL with the optional tires does have 8.8" of ground clearance which really is pretty decent. You can do a lot with that and a good driver!
One of the forum members uploaded a video on YouTube of his Bronco Sport adventure.

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124, Bronco Sport Badlands
One of the forum members uploaded a video on YouTube of his Bronco Sport adventure.

This video was so nice on so many levels. After 8+ inches of rain these last four weeks, it was great to at least see dry and sky!

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Other than about a 30s video that's the only other one I've seen! Just trying to kill time until mine arrives lol!

BroncoFan1

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Other than about a 30s video that's the only other one I've seen! Just trying to kill time until mine arrives lol!
It would be nice to see videos of owners doing a walkaround of their Bronco Sport and maybe talking about the pros/cons. I guess something like an owners review. More off-road videos would be nice too!

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It would be nice to see videos of owners doing a walkaround of their Bronco Sport and maybe talking about the pros/cons. I guess something like an owners review. More off-road videos would be nice too!
I know there's not a lot on the road yet but I guess I expected a few more owners videos by now. Still waiting for that first crazy off-road one.

BroncoFan1

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
The gentleman just posted a new video! It's nice to see owner videos like his videos.

Sponsored

Reactions: Wyo