Patrick

Outer Banks
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
I just took delivery of an OB. Just wondering, it talks about cornering lights (if so equipped) in the owner's manual. I don't recall seeing that as an option. Am I wrong?????
Sponsored

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I just took delivery of an OB. Just wondering, it talks about cornering lights (if so equipped) in the owner's manual. I don't recall seeing that as an option. Am I wrong?????
I believe Ford configures the fog lights to come on individually when the wheel is turned far enough left or right.

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
My 2023 Badlands does not seem to have this activated like my 2021.

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
The Outer Banks is supposed to have fog lights as standard equipment. Some people with later builds say they do not have them even though they are listed on the window sticker. I dont know why Ford would omit them unless its a supplier issue.
Do you have fog lights? If so, they double as cornering lights.

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
The Outer Banks is supposed to have fog lights as standard equipment. Some people with later builds say they do not have them even though they are listed on the window sticker. I dont know why Ford would omit them unless its a supplier issue.
Do you have fog lights? If so, they double as cornering lights.

I have a '23 OBX. It has LED fog lights, but I'm not sure if they act as cornering lights or not.

PonyDriver43

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang EB Premium, 13 F150 Lariat, 18 Tahoe
Page 86 I believe in the 22 owners manual.
OBX fog lights will be a cornering light IF:
Speed less than 25 MPH
Fogs lights OFF
Turn signal activated
--I don't recall if headlights have to be on or not - manual tells all.

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
Your vehicle needs to be running and in a forward gear along with the steering wheel turned to the left or right along with the headlights on (automatic or manual).
Yes I know. I also have a 2021 Badlands and the cornering lights work fine. Lights are on auto and its dark out and I'm wearing sunglasses and and I am turning the wheel.

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Yes I know. I also have a 2021 Badlands and the cornering lights work fine. Lights are on auto and its dark out and I'm wearing sunglasses and and I am turning the wheel.
Hey Steve. My 22 OBX had the cornering lights that I really liked and now with the 23 HLE, it seems they are not working or not activated. I set the lights and options just as before and checked everything, but not lighting up as I turn. Odd.

Mr Mike said “I wonder if people know enough to push the button to turn them on.” I’m not sure what that meant but maybe he is correct and we are missing something. :fingerscrossed:

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
Hey Steve. My 22 OBX had the cornering lights that I really liked and now with the 23 HLE, it seems they are not working or not activated. I set the lights and options just as before and checked everything, but not lighting up as I turn. Odd.

Mr Mike said “I wonder if people know enough to push the button to turn them on.” I’m not sure what that meant but maybe he is correct and we are missing something. :fingerscrossed:

I meant that folks might not realize that you have to push that button to activate the fog lights. I originally thought the fog light button was in fact the tailgate release on the left side. That's the way it was on my Edge. After playing around with it, I figured it out. I'm one of those guys that doesn't read the owner's manual unless I have to. Maybe there are others who didn't think to push that button.

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
No but I miss my Caprice 9C1 cop car for sure.

Probably not. But the cornering lights are a separate function for sure

rdxland

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BS Badlands
My 2023 Badlands does not seem to have this activated like my 2021.
It probably does, they are just not all that much of a "Wow" unless it is really dark.

Make sure your fog lights are off, then turn your wheel right or left, you should see the appropriate fog light shining.
Sponsored

Last edited: