Joann

Big Bend
First Name
Joann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
I bought my 2022 bronco new and had it a year , it spent a week in the shop with a coolant leek they did a pressure test and stated it has a faulty hose and replace it and had a week and having to put it back in The shop for that same thing, very confused they said it was fixed and I am right back Ii. The same situation not please anyone else having this issue
Sponsored

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, '23 HR-V EX-L wife's
Probably the water pump.

OP
OP

Joann

Big Bend
First Name
Joann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Probably the
Probably the water pump.
thank you I will have them check it , gets dropped off Tomm one Ford dealership stated I could drive it just keep it filled but the smell is so bad have not drove it since the other dealership I called and asked they said don’t drive it not seeing cool and in the oil so that’s good

MAGPLM

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands & 2023 Maverick AWD FX4
1.5 liter engine know for water pumps leaking.

Bloomsey

Outer Banks
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Just had to take my 2023 Outer Banks with 19k miles into the shop for low coolant. They performed pressure test and found water pump had small, slow leak. They also noticed there was some AC dye found, indicating possible AC leak. Taking it into my local Ford dealership for warranty repair work soon..

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
1.5 liter engine know for water pumps leaking.
Mainly the earlier years for the 1.5.

But there are always exceptions.

Filipjed

Outer Banks
First Name
Fil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco sport 2023
I bought my 2022 bronco new and had it a year , it spent a week in the shop with a coolant leek they did a pressure test and stated it has a faulty hose and replace it and had a week and having to put it back in The shop for that same thing, very confused they said it was fixed and I am right back Ii. The same situation not please anyone else having this issue
Had a water pump replaced with it still leaking . 2023 bronco sport outer banks with 36000km . They have now replaced the reservoir & asked me to monitor it. Guess we will wait and see.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Had a water pump replaced with it still leaking . 2023 bronco sport outer banks with 36000km . They have now replaced the reservoir & asked me to monitor it. Guess we will wait and see.
There is a relatively new tech service bulletin out that requires flushing the coolant system before replacing a failed water pump. Although I have no evidence, I have speculated Ford issued this TSB because it knows a failed pump will contaminate the coolant such that it will damage a replacement pump. Check with your servicing shop and make sure they know about the new TSB.
Sponsored