Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
life is full of choices, you chose sirloin. it's good beef but make mine T-bone.
I'm in the same boat with my Outer Banks order as the OP.
I'm thinking the Bronco Sport is Mystery Meat at this point.
Sponsored

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I've always sworn not to buy a first model year car, especially from Ford. In 2000 we bought my wife a 1st model year Focus, and it was nothing but trouble. It ate bearings like fuel, and after three year Ford refused to continue covering them.

Add to that the many reports of strange issues that can't be diagnosed and parts issues, as well as the pressure Ford is putting on the Hermosillo plant by rushing to bring the Maverick to market when they can't build what they already offer, and I've been looking for a back-up plan.

I went and drove a RAV4 Hybrid and it's hard not to love. It's not as cute as the BS, but really a great value. I get Z plan and the RAV4 Hybrid XLE is the exact same price as the Z plan BS Outer Banks I have on order. It's hard to argue with 40mpg combined and a 8 year 150,000 mile warranty on the hybrid system.

I'll Still keep the OB on order, but my dealer doesn't call me back and the ford system is whack. My assumption is I'll get the special order Toyota long before Ford even knows what's going on with the Bronco Sport.

I know the supply situation is rough for all the manufacturers, but it seems like Ford is managing the problems poorly. This could be third time I've tried to buy a Ford and had issues other than the design of the car sent me to another brand. I hope I'm wrong.

Maybe I'll sell the Toyota after Ford gets the lovely Bronco Sport straightened out.

Tom
You can have the Toyota. I still have a bad taste in my mouth about that company see below, not trying to open a can of worms and a bunch of posts upon post people finger-pointing at car companies. I’m just saying for me this just hit home, and I thought it was unforgivable then and I still get mad when I read about it.

A deferred prosecution agreement, filed today, forced Toyota to “admit” that it “misled U.S. consumers by concealing and making deceptive statements about two safety related issues affecting its vehicles, each of which caused a type of unintended acceleration.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews.go.com/amp/Blotter/toyota-pay-12b-hiding-deadly-unintended-acceleration/story?id=22972214

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Toyota and Honda have had there share of blunders/defects. But the overall perception of those brands is quality. And it shows in their resale value. Just don't fool yourself into thinking those vehicles are infallable. If your buying used carcomplaints.com is a must read. You will see Honda has had lemons over the years such as the '06 Civic with the cracked engine block disaster, '17 CRV gas in oil, '16 Pilot nine speed trans failures, and a bunch of bad years for Accords. But still Honda can do no wrong in many ppls eyes. Seems when Honda screws up ppl tend to forgive but any defects in american brands its crucifix.

stoopidrookie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
A deferred prosecution agreement, filed today, forced Toyota to “admit” that it “misled U.S. consumers by concealing and making deceptive statements about two safety related issues affecting its vehicles, each of which caused a type of unintended acceleration.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews.go.com/amp/Blotter/toyota-pay-12b-hiding-deadly-unintended-acceleration/story?id=22972214
Toyota was 100% in the wrong on that, but I never understood how an unintended acceleration event could last for more than a second or two. Every automatic transmission can be shifted into neutral, right? It’s not like jumping just before an out of control elevator smashes into the ground, it’s more like going “hey, why is my car going vroom vroom vroom, hold on while I push the brakes and put it into neutral.”

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Toyota was 100% in the wrong on that, but I never understood how an unintended acceleration event could last for more than a second or two. Every automatic transmission can be shifted into neutral, right? It’s not like jumping just before an out of control elevator smashes into the ground, it’s more like going “hey, why is my car going vroom vroom vroom, hold on while I push the brakes and put it into neutral.”
You’re absolutely right but not everyone thinks that quick on they’re feet. It’s just that simple. If it were me, you, yeah we’d probably remain calmer for a sec and do something. My mother, grandmother?! A new young freshly licensed driver? They may not be so resourceful.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I went available, But I don't have either one, yet . . .

I'm driving my summer car, a fiat 500, (a hot dog in the meat comparison) it's fine until the snow flies here in northern michigan.
I gave you available, the dealer was holding it it for you maybe wasn't exactly your build no worries, it sold in 24 hours. The yota is a solid vehicle. It's just a car in the end, meant to be enjoyed. Constraints just suck bottom line just a rough time to get any new vehicle.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I took high angle rescue and elevator rescue, jumping isn't going to save you ? but on a more serious note, people sued and WON for spilling hot coffee in their lap while driving with the cup between their legs. Never underestimate stupidity or our legal system

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I took high angle rescue and elevator rescue, jumping isn't going to save you ? but on a more serious note, people sued and WON for spilling hot coffee in their lap while driving with the cup between their legs. Never underestimate stupidity or our legal system
I’ll have one coffee black please.

Would you like to super settlement this order?

Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands
The Bronco Sport is basically an Escape or Ford Focus with a different body, that means the basis for the Sport has been around for awhile. The body is new, the rest is pretty much a parts bin special with some tweaks.
Not by any means. Just because it has the same platform, does not mean that every other component, suspension and other parts are not highly more advanced. You should do more research as opposed to reading generic news articles.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Not by any means. Just because it has the same platform, does not mean that every other component, suspension and other parts are not highly more advanced. You should do more research as opposed to reading generic news articles.
Yeah I can confirm not even close. My buddy had the 2020 escape and he did some of the work on the sport. Showed me a few visible differences under the hood alone. He agreed yeah in general terms, the assembly plant and the logistics of the two build off the escape, but it's a fully functionally different animal. He said the escape is a skateboard vs the atv platform of the sport if that makes sense. It's dynamically engineered to do what it's marketed for.

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
can’t help to wonder if the BS awd system borrowed some of land rover’s technology?

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
You can have the Toyota. I still have a bad taste in my mouth about that company see below, not trying to open a can of worms and a bunch of posts upon post people finger-pointing at car companies. I’m just saying for me this just hit home, and I thought it was unforgivable then and I still get mad when I read about it.

Not sure of your age and if you were around, but when I was studying engineering in the 80's, we had to learn about engineering/business ethics and the Ford Pinto case was always the topic. Ford knew about the fuel tank vulnerability and had engineered and patented a better design, but a cost/benefit study determined that it would cost Ford less to pay for damage, injuries, and fatalities rather than modify the fuel tank to prevent the fires in the first place.
Very similar to the Toyota story-line.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.