Kachadurian

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Fiat 500
I've always sworn not to buy a first model year car, especially from Ford. In 2000 we bought my wife a 1st model year Focus, and it was nothing but trouble. It ate bearings like fuel, and after three year Ford refused to continue covering them.

Add to that the many reports of strange issues that can't be diagnosed and parts issues, as well as the pressure Ford is putting on the Hermosillo plant by rushing to bring the Maverick to market when they can't build what they already offer, and I've been looking for a back-up plan.

I went and drove a RAV4 Hybrid and it's hard not to love. It's not as cute as the BS, but really a great value. I get Z plan and the RAV4 Hybrid XLE is the exact same price as the Z plan BS Outer Banks I have on order. It's hard to argue with 40mpg combined and a 8 year 150,000 mile warranty on the hybrid system.

I'll Still keep the OB on order, but my dealer doesn't call me back and the ford system is whack. My assumption is I'll get the special order Toyota long before Ford even knows what's going on with the Bronco Sport.

I know the supply situation is rough for all the manufacturers, but it seems like Ford is managing the problems poorly. This could be third time I've tried to buy a Ford and had issues other than the design of the car sent me to another brand. I hope I'm wrong.

Maybe I'll sell the Toyota after Ford gets the lovely Bronco Sport straightened out.

Tom
Sponsored

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
No strange issues for my OB. Been running like a champ over 3K miles in a month. Sorry about your Toyota purchase........
same here, no issues thus far, knock on wood I hope it stays that way but in the end it's a dynamic machine full of electronic gadgets. Like a Toyota, honda, chevy, VW, mazda...any brand you choose is bound to have issues. I see the Ford issue as an order issue. So many more are buying Fords, long lines happen. Everyone makes a choice I hope it's a fun ride. Yotas make some nice little cars, no doubt about it.

Ponyrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Nadine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, BMW Z3
Almost 7000 miles on my OB. Not one problem. Maybe I got lucky. It was an early build. ( December) As I have mentioned on another thread, I ordered my Sport because my 2001 Escape was the best, most problem free vehicle I ever owned. And it was a first year model. Funny, I always thought Toyotas were over rated. But I do hope your Toyota is good to you, and your Sport gets delivered and it is problem free.

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
life is full of choices, you chose sirloin. it's good beef but make mine T-bone.
I'll trade T-Bone for a RCM module to complete my order............ :cwl:

Fossil

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Raptor, 95 SVT Mustang 5spd, 95 SHO 5spd
I'm more of a porterhouse guy myself.
yep that was my first choice too but they're usually a bit big for today's me.
My point is you went generic.
I'd do a ribeye for a snack though.

OP
OP
Kachadurian

Kachadurian

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Fiat 500
yep that was my first choice too but they're usually a bit big for today's me.
My point is you went generic.
I'd do a ribeye for a snack though.
I went available, But I don't have either one, yet . . .

I'm driving my summer car, a fiat 500, (a hot dog in the meat comparison) it's fine until the snow flies here in northern michigan.

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
I went and drove a RAV4 Hybrid and it's hard not to love. It's not as cute as the BS, but really a great value. I get Z plan and the RAV4 Hybrid XLE is the exact same price as the Z plan BS Outer Banks I have on order. It's hard to argue with 40mpg combined and a 8 year 150,000 mile warranty on the hybrid system.
RAV4 Hybrid is the way to go for that car. Before looking at a Sport, I was set on getting a RAV4 Adventure in lunar rock -- until I took one for an extended test drive. Major disappointment. I don't think XLE will have the same wind noise problem either.

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
no issues here yet 3,000 km's. I was hesitant on a first year, but warranty lol. bought mine right off the lot, didn't need any special stuff for me. I like driving different. not a lot of bronco sports here, everyone and their aunt fanny drives a rav4 around here tho. I didn't want a belly-button car. but, to each their own.

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Over 6k on my Badlands; factory build date of 11/23/2020 and delivered to dealer 12/19/2021 and I grabbed it off the lot Feb 2021. Haven't had any issues yet; and we have been impressed on everything the BS brings to the table. I feel a lot of the complaints on here are from people with similar build dates. Maybe Ford supplemented parts with subpar companies with the higher than projected sales. Hopefully will be able to get a full size in 2022 ?

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
I went available, But I don't have either one, yet . . .

I'm driving my summer car, a fiat 500, (a hot dog in the meat comparison) it's fine until the snow flies here in northern michigan.
I posted this before... sadly circumstances had forced me to make a similar choice. As much as I wanted to try something else after 2 decades of nothing but Toyota/Lexus, I had to get something that was available. I got RAV4 as well in Lunar Rock (similar to my lala land BS's Cactus Grey color) TRD Offroad trim. I test drove a different trim of 1st year model, ie MY19, a few years back. I actually expected this one to drive similarly but I've been pleasantly surprised. TRD's slightly different suspension makes for nice ride, especially on gravel roads here. I'm basically OK with it. I'll see where I'm at in 2-3 years. I might just graduate to big Bronco by then.

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
The Bronco Sport is basically an Escape or Ford Focus with a different body, that means the basis for the Sport has been around for awhile. The body is new, the rest is pretty much a parts bin special with some tweaks.

Fossil

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Raptor, 95 SVT Mustang 5spd, 95 SHO 5spd
The Bronco Sport is basically an Escape or Ford Focus with a different body, that means the basis for the Sport has been around for awhile. The body is new, the rest is pretty much a parts bin special with some tweaks.
They do share a number of common parts but it's more than just a new body.
The Sport also gets upgraded suspension mounting points, unique suspension parts and different AWD system for a start.
The C2 platform was designed with multiple applications in mind. Those listed below and probably the next Transit Connect as well. They will all contain "tweaks" that meet the needs of each application. It's only been around a couple years replacing the C1 here in 2020.

The wife's 2020 AWD Escape 2.0L, 1st year model btw, has been perfect as it nears 10k miles, averaging 27.4mpg. As good as it's been I don't like it much especially after driving 3 different Bronco Sports, which I do like. I especially prefer the steering, brakes and seating position on the Sport over the Escape.

Ford C2 platform
  • 2019 and newer Ford Focus (outside Americas only)
  • 2020 and newer Ford Escape / Ford Kuga
  • 2020 and newer Lincoln Corsair
  • 2021 and newer Ford Bronco Sport
  • 2022 and newer Ford Maverick (Bronco Sport pickup)
  • 2023 and newer Ford Fusion / Mondeo
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.