Saboga

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1954 Chevy 3100, 2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Isn't the car supposed give you a chirp when you leave the key fob inside? Mine has only chirped once - a few days ago - and that reminded me that it should be doing it every time, no?
Sponsored

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Isn't the car supposed give you a chirp when you leave the key fob inside? Mine has only chirped once - a few days ago - and that reminded me that it should be doing it every time, no?
With the vehicle not running:
If you leave the key fob inside the vehicle and the key fob isn’t is some form of RFID protected case, you can only lock the key fob inside the vehicle using the driver side door exterior keypad to lock the vehicle (if your vehicle is equipped with the keypad).

otherwise attempting to lock the vehicle with the key fob inside the vehicle will give out the chirp sound and the doors will not lock.

vehicle running:
You can leave the key fob inside the car with the vehicle running, get out and walk away and the vehicle will lock itself. In this case you can use the exterior keypad or the FordPass App to unlock the door. I haven’t tried this yet but others reported that’s how the vehicle behaves and I dont know what if any chirps occur.

OP
OP
Saboga

Saboga

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1954 Chevy 3100, 2022 Ford Bronco Sport
OK. I was used to my wife's Chevy Silverado. It chirps every time you leave the fob inside - doesn't matter if you tried to lock the door or not.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I think @Dude is correct about the vehicle-running scenario. If you leave the FOB in it with the engine running it’ll let you know when you get out and close the door. It will also chirp if you lock the door using the door switch, then close the door to only the first latch (not fully closed).
Sponsored