bigbw

Big Bend
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BIg Bend
Kudos to Chapman Ford in Scottsdale.. I have a BS BB and wanted the perimeter plus module installed. Local dealer in Prescott quoted me $950 for parts and install. Chapman (where I bought the BS) did it for $265 plus tax. I used my Ford rewards points, so final cost to me was $77, and they did it in under an hour this morning.
Sponsored

Reactions: MJE

Cactusjk

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Wow - that is good info! I bought mine at Autonation and wonder what Chapman would cost for an OEM hitch install with wiring and OEM bumper skin?

Assume they did a clean install?

OP
OP

bigbw

Big Bend
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The install was great. On the Ford Parts website, it said installation for $50 and chapman honored that price.

Folkman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Glad you had a good experience with them. Just curious, did you order or take off the lot? I bypassed them due to their (much) higher cost on a BS on their lot than some of the other guys.

OP
OP

bigbw

Big Bend
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did not order it. I had a Maverick pickup on order with them, when it became apparent that was not going to happen, I asked about a Bronco sport and was told would be one available in about 3 weeks that was pretty much what I wanted. I did pay 2K market based pricing adjustment. That was about the cheapest I found.

NaysBadlands

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Did the perimeter plus module give you remote start as well?

OP
OP

bigbw

Big Bend
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes it did. Main reason I had it installed.

Cactusjk

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Glad you had a good experience with them. Just curious, did you order or take off the lot? I bypassed them due to their (much) higher cost on a BS on their lot than some of the other guys.
That is why I went with AutoNation. No markup and no Add ons.

Chapman though has a better service department!

NaysBadlands

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Yes it did. Main reason I had it installed.
Hey this was in response to my question about remote start, right? IF so, thanks a lot! Local dealer keeps telling me that the perimeter plus won't allow for an aftermarket solution for remote start in the Bronco Sport, so I have been hesitant to jump on it. I did this in my previous truck (2017 F150) and it worked amazing.

So, they do need to activate it, right? And can you confirm the part number if you have it?

Folkman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
That is why I went with AutoNation. No markup and no Add ons.

Chapman though has a better service department!
I did San Tan. Well…. First time out I did Larry Miller and an OB. Then traded at San Tan.

Did all my upgrades at santan too (that weren’t self installed). They have treated me right the whole time along.

Initially checked out Earnhardt and they had a BL with BL…. Loved it. But they claimed to have sold it cash right as we were willing to sit down and negotiate. Then we saw someone else test drive it. So it seemed (and with the guys attitude) that he just wanted us to take it or leave it. I would have been much happier if he were honest about it.

But it all turned out for the better. I found out having the OB that the gadgets and stuff are cool…. But easily (mostly) replicated at least the ones I found key. So my BL I traded for with no BL is perfect.

and no need for the dang sunroof. And having been on the trails…. Glad I don’t have leather.

OP
OP

bigbw

Big Bend
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey this was in response to my question about remote start, right? IF so, thanks a lot! Local dealer keeps telling me that the perimeter plus won't allow for an aftermarket solution for remote start in the Bronco Sport, so I have been hesitant to jump on it. I did this in my previous truck (2017 F150) and it worked amazing.

So, they do need to activate it, right? And can you confirm the part number if you have it?
part number is KN1Z19A361A and in my case they did not need to activate it. Check you settings and if there are settings for remote start, it should work out of the box, if not it is easy to program, just be sure to bring all your key fobs.

NaysBadlands

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
part number is KN1Z19A361A and in my case they did not need to activate it. Check you settings and if there are settings for remote start, it should work out of the box, if not it is easy to program, just be sure to bring all your key fobs.
Got it, thanks!
Sponsored