ohiooutdoors

Outer Banks
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Since they were developed in the mid-1980s, ceramic brake pads have consistently increased in popularity for a number reasons:

Noise-Level: Ceramic brake pads are very quiet, creating little-to-no extra sound when the brakes are applied.
Wear & Tear Residue: Compared to organic brake pads, ceramic brake pads tend to produce less dust and other particles as they wear down.
Temperature & Driving Conditions: Compared to organic brake pads, ceramic brake pads can be more reliable in a broader range of temperatures and driving conditions.
Yet ceramic brake pads do have some limitations. Primarily, their cost: due to higher manufacturing costs, ceramic brake pads tend to be the most expensive of all brake pad types. Also, since both ceramic and copper can’t absorb as much heat as other types of materials, more of the heat generated by braking will pass through the brake pads and into the rest of the braking system. This can cause more wear and tear on other braking components. Lastly, ceramic brake pads aren’t considered the best choice for extreme driving conditions. If you’re facing very cold weather or an upcoming race and you’re choosing between ceramic vs. semi metallic brake pads, you’ll want to go with metallic.

Things to consider.
I always go with motul rbf 600 for heavy cars or race cars when going with ceramic.
Sponsored

jazzdab

Big Bend
First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I swapped to the PowerStop Evolution Sport Carbon Fiber Ceramic pads basically when it was new. I did both front and rear so that I would hopefully not have the rear brakes make the moaning noise people complain about and also keep the wheels cleaner with less dust. They have been very good so far. Hard to tell for sure about the dust given how much snow we have had. I see more salt on the wheels right now than I do brake dust.
No pads could be worse than the replacements I got from the recall. The dust is RIDICULOUS! I still have the rear brake moan but it seems reduced. I definitely feel an improvement in braking response. Feels more sure.

Blue oval fan

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport
I had the pads on my escape replaced under the recall, hands down the dustiest pads I have ever had. Even track pads I used in the past didn't dust that bad. Factory 2022 pads seems fine, they dust but nothing out of the ordinary.

Last edited:

jazzdab

Big Bend
First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I had the pads on my escape replaced under the recall, hands down the dustiest pads I have ever had. Even track pads I used in the past didn't dust that bad. Factory 2022 pads seems fine, they dust but nothing out of the ordinary.
Ford seems to have major issues sourcing parts for their recalls. Seems like they sourced lower quality pads for the brake recall. Who knows what other parts are poor quality? The recall repair delays are atrocious - especially for such low quality results.
Sponsored