Codysooz

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Anyone swap out their metallic brake pads that dust up their wheels with ceramic brake pads? I’m considering doing this myself.
Sponsored

JAD67428

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport. 1994 Ford Mustang GT.
Anyone swap out their metallic brake pads that dust up their wheels with ceramic brake pads? I’m considering doing this myself.
Have you had any luck in finding ceramic pads for our vehicle ? I’ve checked my local 3 parts stores around me and none of them even have regular brake pads never mind ceramics, Autozone, Advanced Auto Parts, and O’reilly Auto Parts stores near me.

JAD67428

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport. 1994 Ford Mustang GT.
I also forgot to add that I purchased this set for my Mustang with carbon fiber ceramic pads and they still have brake dust, although it’s kinda on the light side but still has dust.

Ford Bronco Sport Ceramic Brake Pads 5DC7F00D-66AA-40D0-9A91-8B6704CBC4A1

jazzdab

Big Bend
First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Have you had any luck in finding ceramic pads for our vehicle ? I’ve checked my local 3 parts stores around me and none of them even have regular brake pads never mind ceramics, Autozone, Advanced Auto Parts, and O’reilly Auto Parts stores near me.
CarID claims to have a number of options (including from EBC) at least for the front. There appear to be offerings from R1 Concepts and DFC for a full set. I used to have Raybestos Quiet Stop pads on my 2004 Escape and it made a huge difference in terms of brake dust.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Since they were developed in the mid-1980s, ceramic brake pads have consistently increased in popularity for a number reasons:

Noise-Level: Ceramic brake pads are very quiet, creating little-to-no extra sound when the brakes are applied.
Wear & Tear Residue: Compared to organic brake pads, ceramic brake pads tend to produce less dust and other particles as they wear down.
Temperature & Driving Conditions: Compared to organic brake pads, ceramic brake pads can be more reliable in a broader range of temperatures and driving conditions.
Yet ceramic brake pads do have some limitations. Primarily, their cost: due to higher manufacturing costs, ceramic brake pads tend to be the most expensive of all brake pad types. Also, since both ceramic and copper can’t absorb as much heat as other types of materials, more of the heat generated by braking will pass through the brake pads and into the rest of the braking system. This can cause more wear and tear on other braking components. Lastly, ceramic brake pads aren’t considered the best choice for extreme driving conditions. If you’re facing very cold weather or an upcoming race and you’re choosing between ceramic vs. semi metallic brake pads, you’ll want to go with metallic.

Things to consider.

OP
OP
Codysooz

Codysooz

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Yeah they don’t perform as well as metallic pads; however, I’m not lightning mcqueen on the roads. Just want quiet and clean pads Haha. I think that’s the main con of ceramics, and price.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Odd, my factory brake pads at 18,500 miles now have never dusted my wheels. Not one bit!
Is ford out sourcing brake pads ?

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Odd, my factory brake pads at 18,500 miles now have never dusted my wheels. Not one bit!
Is ford out sourcing brake pads ?
They could be. My first set of pads when I bought the car didn't dust or squeak at all. I then got a new set of pads after the brake recall, and these are the dustiest, loudest set I've ever had on a vehicle. You should've seen the grime I got off my wheels and tires this past weekend.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Only Motorcraft parts go on my BS .

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Only Motorcraft parts go on my BS .
Mine's getting traded in soon, so I'm trying to just deal with it instead of replacing parts I won't get to keep. Those pads are driving me up a wall though, that's for sure.

Jesaaaaa17

Base
First Name
Jessa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Escape
Ceramic brake pads operate quietly and generate very little brake dust. Ceramic pads will help keep wheels much cleaner, which is great news for those who have fancy, expensive wheels. There are disadvantages, like with any brake pads. High temperatures might cause ceramic pads to fade, which can lower their performance. However, thanks to modern technology, fade has been greatly decreased in ceramic blends with various fiber kinds. There are also organic pads, which, as their name implies, are made of organic materials like carbon and kevlar. These pads are excellent if you want quiet noise. Because they are fairly priced, organic pads are something to consider if you're in a bind and have a limited budget.

jazzdab

Big Bend
First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Finally installed the Powerstop ceramic brake pads Santa brought me. Now I just need a decent day to clean my wheels so I can compare the dust situation. I’ve been trying to reproduce the rear brake squeal when backing but it’s intermittent so need more time to test.
Ford Bronco Sport Ceramic Brake Pads 3AF79374-61C0-418F-B203-8EA179D3ACEA

jazzdab

Big Bend
First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Had a warm cloudy day for a full wash and serious wheel / tire cleaning using Griot’s heavy duty wheel cleaner, foam tire cleaner and matte tire dressing. You can see how dirty the wheels are beforehand in the first shot. Let’s see how long they stay clean with ceramic pads.
Ford Bronco Sport Ceramic Brake Pads 56A3F2C4-A693-441C-A9DC-50578FD0AE38

Ford Bronco Sport Ceramic Brake Pads A4459219-C133-4AE9-AEAA-60766ECEF176

Ford Bronco Sport Ceramic Brake Pads 82FC607B-616E-407F-A0AF-2BDD0D03311C

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Had a warm cloudy day for a full wash and serious wheel / tire cleaning using Griot’s heavy duty wheel cleaner, foam tire cleaner and matte tire dressing. You can see how dirty the wheels are beforehand in the first shot. Let’s see how long they stay clean with ceramic pads.
Ford Bronco Sport Ceramic Brake Pads 56A3F2C4-A693-441C-A9DC-50578FD0AE38

Ford Bronco Sport Ceramic Brake Pads A4459219-C133-4AE9-AEAA-60766ECEF176

Ford Bronco Sport Ceramic Brake Pads 82FC607B-616E-407F-A0AF-2BDD0D03311C
I swapped to the PowerStop Evolution Sport Carbon Fiber Ceramic pads basically when it was new. I did both front and rear so that I would hopefully not have the rear brakes make the moaning noise people complain about and also keep the wheels cleaner with less dust. They have been very good so far. Hard to tell for sure about the dust given how much snow we have had. I see more salt on the wheels right now than I do brake dust.
Sponsored