Alfredo

Base
First Name
Alfredo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford bronco Sport
Okay I'm about to ask a really dumb question as someone who's new to HID and additional lighting, how much more do they illuminate compared to the normal headlights fog lights etc? Higher up on the road or brighter overall etc?
Is hard to say just testing in the driveway, but with the headlights and fog lights on, when the roof rack lights come on, you can tell the difference, I have lights all around the basket. The Idea is to illuminate a camping ground area 360 degrees while setting up and tearing down. I wouldn't advise driving with the roof rack lights on; you'll probably blind every driver around you and get stopped by Police...
Sponsored

CallMeBill

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Carbonized Grey Badlands
How is the wind noise with the rack & lights?
Also what brand lights are those? Link if possible.
btw, looks good

Last edited:
OP
OP
Alfredo

Alfredo

Base
First Name
Alfredo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford bronco Sport
btw, looks good
btw, looks good
When I just had the cross bars only, it howled noticeably at around 60 mph. Once the roof rack was installed, surprisingly, the noise level dropped to an acceptable low hum easily overcome by the radio. The fog lights and rack lights are Alpena, you can find them at Walmart.

Ford Bronco Sport Cargo basket evolution: lighting attached 4

Ford Bronco Sport Cargo basket evolution: lighting attached 6

Ford Bronco Sport Cargo basket evolution: lighting attached IMG_20210717_001446574

Ford Bronco Sport Cargo basket evolution: lighting attached IMG_20210602_150317045

OP
OP
Alfredo

Alfredo

Base
First Name
Alfredo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford bronco Sport
Question, what roof rails are you using? and with that much height, do you know If the moonroof can still be used?
The brand name for the roof rails is "Reese", found at Walmart. As far as compatibility with a sunroof, I'm not able to offer advise as I don't have one. There seems to be plenty of height under the basket to accommodate a sunroof.

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Outerbanks
The brand name for the roof rails is "Reese", found at Walmart. As far as compatibility with a sunroof, I'm not able to offer advise as I don't have one. There seems to be plenty of height under the basket to accommodate a sunroof.
Thanks for the reply, I've been looking for a basket that looks really nice and I really like how yours turned out, great job!

kingtj

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Ok ... so dumb question, perhaps? But how would I go about removing this outer A pillar trim?
I purchased an LED light bar and installed it, but I tried to shove the wire from it under this piece of trim, rather than popping it off. Problem seems to be, when you do it the way I did? The wire lifts up the rubber gasket material along the leading edge of it, creating a gap between the edge of the windshield glass and the pillar.

I'm just afraid to randomly pry or pull on the A pillar trim because I've already broken several clips, just popping loose that plastic panel on the dash, to the left of the steering wheel, when I needed to install the switch for the light bar on it. It seems like a lot of these fasteners are really fragile or need to be removed by inserting the right shape/size of trim removal tool first in just the right locations?

You have to remove the black trimming on the A pillar I believe they call it. carefully rout the wire harness up the pillar, there is plenty of space under the roof rail trimming to hide the wire under.

Ford Bronco Sport Cargo basket evolution: lighting attached IMG_20210629_072825688

Ford Bronco Sport Cargo basket evolution: lighting attached IMG_20210629_074013741

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
Ok ... so dumb question, perhaps? But how would I go about removing this outer A pillar trim?
I purchased an LED light bar and installed it, but I tried to shove the wire from it under this piece of trim, rather than popping it off. Problem seems to be, when you do it the way I did? The wire lifts up the rubber gasket material along the leading edge of it, creating a gap between the edge of the windshield glass and the pillar.

I'm just afraid to randomly pry or pull on the A pillar trim because I've already broken several clips, just popping loose that plastic panel on the dash, to the left of the steering wheel, when I needed to install the switch for the light bar on it. It seems like a lot of these fasteners are really fragile or need to be removed by inserting the right shape/size of trim removal tool first in just the right locations?
This post might help.

WildFord

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS BL
Ford Bronco Sport Cargo basket evolution: lighting attached 1663766851143

does this eventually allows water into the gap? I'm wondering the OP have any issue after having this for a while now. I'd love to find a better way to get wire/cable from top of the car into the cabin or under the hood nicely...without drilling.

I wish the "accessories ready" is more "plug and play". maybe at least have a designated hole already there.

Ford Bronco Sport Cargo basket evolution: lighting attached 1663766521177
Sponsored