CAR COVERS for outside parking ... SUGGESTIONS?

RodNSA

Base
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Ok ... unfortunately my garage has been taken over for furniture sales šŸ˜• ... and my 8 month old BS (M.L. Pony) has recently been relegated to parking outside in the heat (San Antonio, TX weather) ... and all other bad weather possibilities ... so it's either build a carport (bids of 5-8k) or buy a car cover. I know ZERO about car covers but have just started researching them.
*Suggestions/Experiences or Advice would be greatly appreciated! (Oh ... I'm retired and typically only drive 3-4 times a week max.)
Sponsored

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
This company makes excellent products both outdoor use and indoor use (e.g. inside garage) car covers.

Contact the company (email below) for specific Bronco Sport model car covers as I do not know if they have standard products for the Bronco Sport models. Also ask about their best discounts offered.

(When I was looking I needed to submit dimensions for the Badlands model with the factory OE roof rails because those add extra height - but I donā€™t know if the company added the product as a standard order option)

website shows these other products for Bronco Sportā€¦ but have to check if any of these actually are specific for the Bronco Sport:

BHMA Quilted Leather Mats
Sheepskin Floor Mats
BHMA Carbon Fiber Floor Mats
BHMA Custom-Fit Sunshade
Custom-Fit Dash Mat

Beverly Hills Motoring Accessories
Chrys Cohen, Sales Manager
Email: [email protected]
Phone: +1 (310)589-0400
www.beverlyhillsmotoring.com

FORD OEM ROOF RACK WITH FORD OEM ROOF RAILS SPECIFIC TO BADLANDS TRIM ARE INSTALLED (makes the vehicle taller)

The outdoor use car covers come in 3 types:

1. STORMGUARD OUTDOOR CAR COVERS
With antenna pocket with 2 mirror pockets
CAR COVER ZIPPERED STORAGE BAG
GUST GUARD - CAR COVER WIND CLAMPS

2. ULTRAGUARD OUTDOOR CAR COVER

3. WEATHERGUARD OUTDOOR CAR COVER

OP
OP
RodNSA

RodNSA

Base
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
This company makes excellent products both outdoor use and indoor use (e.g. inside garage) car covers.

Contact the company (email below) for specific Bronco Sport model car covers as I do not know if they have standard products for the Bronco Sport models. Also ask about their best discounts offered.

(When I was looking I needed to submit dimensions for the Badlands model with the factory OE roof rails because those add extra height - but I donā€™t know if the company added the product as a standard order option)

website shows these other products for Bronco Sportā€¦ but have to check if any of these actually are specific for the Bronco Sport:

BHMA Quilted Leather Mats
Sheepskin Floor Mats
BHMA Carbon Fiber Floor Mats
BHMA Custom-Fit Sunshade
Custom-Fit Dash Mat

Beverly Hills Motoring Accessories
Chrys Cohen, Sales Manager
Email: [email protected]
Phone: +1 (310)589-0400
www.beverlyhillsmotoring.com

FORD OEM ROOF RACK WITH FORD OEM ROOF RAILS SPECIFIC TO BADLANDS TRIM ARE INSTALLED (makes the vehicle taller)

The outdoor use car covers come in 3 types:

1. STORMGUARD OUTDOOR CAR COVERS
With antenna pocket with 2 mirror pockets
CAR COVER ZIPPERED STORAGE BAG
GUST GUARD - CAR COVER WIND CLAMPS

2. ULTRAGUARD OUTDOOR CAR COVER

3. WEATHERGUARD OUTDOOR CAR COVER
Thanks!! I also have crossbars that extend beyond the rails ... hadn't thought about thst. Will check it out.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I would be careful with a car cover, especially in TX where it's dry, windy and dusty. Any dust/dirt between the cover and your paint will act as an abrasive. If you decide to use a cover just make sure your car is spotless before putting it on.

OP
OP
RodNSA

RodNSA

Base
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
I would be careful with a car cover, especially in TX where it's dry, windy and dusty. Any dust/dirt between the cover and your paint will act as an abrasive. If you decide to use a cover just make sure your car is spotless before putting it on.
Unfortunately this had crossed my mind. Beverly Hills Motoring has a custom cover for extremely hot weather but my car rarely stays spotless. I probably wash and lightly detail twice a month. SUPPOSEDLY this company says it's a fairly tight fit so no major movement but it is dry here, dusty and some wind ... taking the cover on and off probably 2-3 times a week will definitely disturb whatever is under the cover and even though the inside is supposed to be soft ... seems to me that it could almost act like fine sandpaper moving back and forth against that paint. Still thinking about it ... thanks for the input.

gatornek

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport; 2016 Mustang 2.3
A few years ago, there was a big construction site adjacent to the datacenter where I worked at. Everyday I would park, and every day it would be covered in dust when I got out. So I got myself a 'custom fit' Cover King. Spent a good amount (300+), but its severe weather rated and has held up almost 6 years now. The only thing is that I bought it black, and the sun has bleached it to like a charred dark orange now. But still protects as good as ever.

petegee77

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Solid solid advice Mark. Those winds will buff the crap ,out of your BS and NOT in a good way. Last winter I had to leave my 51 Vic out. I put on a real good cover and then I strapped it down wheel well to wheel well with ratcheting tie down staps from Harbor Freight. Both hood and trunk area. That "bonded" the cover to the hood and trunk . I then put a larger cover from a pick up truck over it and just used platic clips from HF to secure it to the bumpers so it wouldnt fly off in the 60MPH winds. Worked great.

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
So, if we live in the Midwest and the Sport will not be driven too much in the summer but cannot be put in a garage, are you suggesting it is better not to have a cover? And if at all helpful, there are no trees or anything near (Iā€™m afraid of birds so thatā€™s why) but the prairie wind is ferocious. I just thought a cover would be nice to keep the sun away. And just as an fyi, itā€™d be in the garage in cold months, as the toys go to storage.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
So, if we live in the Midwest and the Sport will not be driven too much in the summer but cannot be put in a garage, are you suggesting it is better not to have a cover? And if at all helpful, there are no trees or anything near (Iā€™m afraid of birds so thatā€™s why) but the prairie wind is ferocious. I just thought a cover would be nice to keep the sun away. And just as an fyi, itā€™d be in the garage in cold months, as the toys go to storage.
No, I think a cover is ok. You just have to be aware of the issue regarding dirt and dust between the cover and your paint. I wouldn't put a cover on and leave it all summer. After a windy day I would pull it off, give a good cleaning, wash the car, then put it back on. I would do that every couple of weeks even if it doesn't get windy.

BigBadWolf

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport 2004 Mustang GT Convertible
Check out SealSkin covers. I bought one because my garage is in NC and I am working in TN with no garage. It keeps the tree/bird crap off of my beloved Big Bend.
Sponsored