Can't get Waze to sync to screen in OB model. Help?

Shanny31

Outer Banks
First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lease Ford Ecosport, waiting on Bronco Sport OB
Hi all! Finally picked up my Bronco Sport Outer Banks model this morning, and loving it as much as I knew I would! Car is running great and looks great. The only slight hiccup is that I haven't been able to get Waze to sync from my phone to the screen in the vehicle. I have a Samsung Galaxy phone and I'm wondering if this is an issue with Android devices? My brother works at the dealership and was able to get his iphone to pair right away. Anyone else run into this problem? I use Waze for all of my navigation (unless someone wants to tell me there's a better nav app out there). Is there an easy "how to" set of directions that will fix this for me? Thanks in advance -- and apologies if the thread is in the wrong place.
Sponsored

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape

jazzdab

Big Bend
First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Are you connecting the phone with a USB cable or just using Bluetooth. To my knowledge, there is no wireless Android Auto (or CarPlay) option in the current Bronco Sport. I haven't event paired my iPhone via Bluetooth.

OP
OP
Shanny31

Shanny31

Outer Banks
First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I use Bluetooth for Waze
I always have my bluetooth turned on but it still doesn't bring the waze video up on the screen. Do you mean just for the audio?

OP
OP
Shanny31

Shanny31

Outer Banks
First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are you connecting the phone with a USB cable or just using Bluetooth. To my knowledge, there is no wireless Android Auto (or CarPlay) option in the current Bronco Sport. I haven't event paired my iPhone via Bluetooth.
I tried both. I thought it would work via Bluetooth (I did this at the dealership). When that didn't work, we tried using a USB cable. That also didn't work.

Pretty frustrated as I guess I naively assumed this would be an automatic thing with a 2022 model...advancements in technology should easily allow what's on any phone screen to transfer to the car screen.

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
I need to connect my Android phone via USB cable. I have a Moto G6.

On my phone Android Auto won't start on unless I unlock my phone.
I only have to unlock that one time after that Android Auto starts running whether or not the phone locks.

Once Android Auto is up and running, I start Waze.

brazilbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Wildtrak (Badlands in USA)
I tried both. I thought it would work via Bluetooth (I did this at the dealership). When that didn't work, we tried using a USB cable. That also didn't work.

Pretty frustrated as I guess I naively assumed this would be an automatic thing with a 2022 model...advancements in technology should easily allow what's on any phone screen to transfer to the car screen.
Technology supports it, but not the technology we purchased.

https://www.cjponyparts.com/resources/sync-3-vs-sync-4

Sync 3 only supports wired, sync 4 will support wireless.

So technologic advancements do easily allow what you want, but more outdated technology has performance issues (bluetooth is notoriously low-performance).

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi all! Finally picked up my Bronco Sport Outer Banks model this morning, and loving it as much as I knew I would! Car is running great and looks great. The only slight hiccup is that I haven't been able to get Waze to sync from my phone to the screen in the vehicle.
If you are trying to run Waze via AppLink I believe you are out of luck. According to this page on Ford's website, Sync no longer supports Waze via AppLink.

You can, however, access Waze on Sync via Android Auto. This page at Ford's website shows you how to configure your phone and Sync 3 to run AA. Once you have AA running on Sync 3 you can access Waze from the touchscreen in the car.

OP
OP
Shanny31

Shanny31

Outer Banks
First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you are trying to run Waze via AppLink I believe you are out of luck. According to this page on Ford's website, Sync no longer supports Waze via AppLink.

You can, however, access Waze on Sync via Android Auto. This page at Ford's website shows you how to configure your phone and Sync 3 to run AA. Once you have AA running on Sync 3 you can access Waze from the touchscreen in the car.
Thank you for this! I just updated my AAuto and Google apps and will test out whether I can at least get Google Maps to run on the car screen, if nothing else....

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for this! I just updated my AAuto and Google apps and will test out whether I can at least get Google Maps to run on the car screen, if nothing else....
You should be able to run Waze via AA once you get it running on Sync 3.

Zolutar

Outer Banks
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport OB+, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
gotta plug it in via USB cable and run through Android Auto. AppLink pretty much doesn't work for much anymore
Sponsored