starofdavid11

First Edition
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Cr-V
Hello all, I currently have an order placed for a FE with a build date of 1/18/21. I recently went to my dealer and after a test drive of a BL model I realized that I may not want to keep my order and actually purchase the vehicle. Anyone else actually do this? I know some people mentioned canceling their FEs to switch to a BL for certain features, and I saw older comments about people canceling orders directly through the ford site.

The reason I am not asking my dealer directly is I am not 100% sure I want to cancel quite yet.

I know worst case I would be out my deposit of $100 but that is supposedly refundable (though I do not know for how long since I paid that back in July).

If anyone has any thoughts that would be great.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Ponyrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Nadine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, BMW Z3
I asked my dealer what the penalty would be if the OB BS I ordered came in and I decided I did not want it. He said none. He also said he didn't think he would have trouble selling it to another person. If I were on the fence and didn't need a new vehicle, I'd wait for the FE and make my decision then.

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Only way I would consider switching from FE to Badlands is if the BL had Co-Pilot Assist +since that option is not available on the FE. If it doesn’t have it, I’d stick with the First Edition.

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
I recently went to my dealer and after a test drive of a BL model I realized that I may not want to keep my order and actually purchase the vehicle. Anyone else actually do this?
If anyone has any thoughts that would be great.

Thanks!
I saw a screenshot of a canceled Bronco reservation on the 6G sister site. It appeared it could be done online and that the $100 would be refunded back via the original payment method.

I know reasons are as individual as people are, but is there anything noteworthy about second-guessing your FE that may be eye-opening to others? Something that surprised you upon driving it?

OP
OP

starofdavid11

First Edition
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Cr-V
I saw a screenshot of a canceled Bronco reservation on the 6G sister site. It appeared it could be done online and that the $100 would be refunded back via the original payment method.

I know reasons are as individual as people are, but is there anything noteworthy about second-guessing your FE that may be eye-opening to others? Something that surprised you upon driving it?
Thanks for the reply, as for second guessing my order here are my thoughts:

the car felt a little more cramped than I was expecting it to upon first sitting in it, this may have had to do with the cars I drove the same day a toyota 4runner and my cr-v. Driving felt great it absolutely had some nice pep to it especially compared to what I am used to driving.

Some of my reservations come with how the whole First Edition was handled by ford in the first place, lack of features when it was originally advertised as fully loaded, not being delivered first, o name a few things. This combined with potential for new model quirks or if they release a strictly better version in 2022 give me some pause.

The other thing was how large the hood felt when actually driving the car it almost felt like the car was way bigger than it actually is if that makes sense. Another little thing is that the model badge felt like a sticker rather than a real badge but idk if it was like that for just the outer banks in the showroom or if it is like that for all of them. I didnt check it on the badlands that i actually drove.

Finally it might just be cold feet on buying a car in general, I plan on driving more different cars this week to really know if I want to even upgrade my car at all, this is the first new car I will be buying so I want to really take the time to do myself as many favors in my research, I placed the order immediately after I saw the reveal video and I caught up in the hype to say the least lol, I just want to take a step back and really evaluate the car buying process with out emotions involved as much.

Hope this gives some insight to my thought process.

dinglehead

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Ranger FX4
I was THISCLOSE to buying a FE off the lot the other day. It looks like a good number of these are mysteriously showing up on dealer lots - likely because so many are being cancelled.

I actually put a deposit down on it, but then learned about the lack of 360+ and Nav and all the other little things that aren't included and instead hunted down a loaded out Badlands for less... It already has a VIN so just have to wait for delivery in a few weeks.

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
Back in August I cancelled my FE and switched to a BL + BL. Since it was still in the time where reservations were required, they had me reserve (for a second $100) the BL and then they cancelled my FE and ordered my BL. At the time the dealer didn't realize it, but they were holding the original $100 deposit, not Ford Corporate. They asked if I wanted it back and I told them to hold it and credit me when I settle on the BL.

... instead hunted down a loaded out Badlands for less... It already has a VIN so just have to wait for delivery in a few weeks.
And this is what I find so aggravating! Loaded Badlands are showing up in dealer lots before reservations are even scheduled.

Last edited:
OP
OP

starofdavid11

First Edition
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Cr-V
Ya, some of the intangibles by ford have soured me to the whole experience somewhat as well, everything is just frustrating.

Raymo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Back in August I cancelled my FE and switched to a BL + BL. Since it was still in the time where reservations were required, they had me reserve (for a second $100) the BL and then they cancelled my FE and ordered my BL. At the time the dealer didn't realize it, but they were holding the original $100 deposit, not Ford Corporate. They asked if I wanted it back and I told them to hold it and credit me when I settle on the BL.

And this is what I find so aggravating! Loaded Badlands are showing up in dealer lots before reservations are even scheduled.
These could be orders where the owner decides they don't want it on delivery.

Robisten8

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport First Edition, 2020 Ranger Screw
There shouldn't be a penalty. The dealer will sell the vehicle within the first week of its arrival.

RonSwanson

First Edition
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST, 2020 Edge ST, 2021 Bronco Sport First Edition
I have navigation and the co-pilot 360+ in another vehicle (Edge ST). While I don't like that you can't get them with the FE, these are NOT features I've missed or needed in the first 1k miles I've put on my First Edition.

dinglehead

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Ranger FX4
I've had adaptive cruise in my last couple of cars and I won't get a car without it from here on out I dont think.

OP
OP

starofdavid11

First Edition
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Cr-V
so wait the FE doesn't even have the regular version of ACC? i thought there were two levels of it, normal and then an enhanced version with ASsist+?
Sponsored