(Canada) Ford PremiumCare, Worth it?

First Name
Pei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS 2023 Badland
Hi everyone,

I will pick up my 2023 BL next week, and I would like to ask whether I shall buy extended warranty insurance - Ford PremiumCare.

Due to my low annual mileage, dealer quotes me PremiumCare (not Plus) of $4,015 CAD for 80,000KM with 8 Yrs and comes with $100 CAD deduction; I know each BS come with 3 Yrs 60,000km and 5 Yrs 100,000km for powertrain, so whether paying $4k CAD (plus interest which close to $1k CAD) for 5 years worth it; My math here is from 4th to 8th year, each year will cost me $1k CAD. I am not too concern about road assistance and paid rental car service. Just want to listen everyone's opinion.

Dealer really want to sell both maintanance and premiumcare for more than $8k CAD for a worry-free service up to 8 Yrs; I am zero interesting for maintanance package, but I do not know whether BS has lots of small issue which require frequent repair. My biggest worry is labour cost which my dealer in Calgary Canada charges $195 CAD per hour plus one-time diagnosis fee.

If BS requires this and that small repaire, and each year it will take more than 5 hrs of labour, premiumcare worths it, but if BS as perfact as a new car after 3rd year, I won't broth to buy premiumcare at all.

Thanks.

Pei
Sponsored

C&C&C=The 3 Amigos !

Badlands
First Name
Christine(Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport BL
:) I would say Yes to the Ford Premium Care but what is the US dollar amount on that :question: But a big No to the maintenance package it's not usually worth the đź’° I don't know if Canada offers the Ford Pass Reward Points of 42,000 :) If they do .. In the US dollars that is like 225.00 and that also here in the Chicago market covers for almost 3 oil change depends on what the dealership charges :sunglasses:

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I would put your 4K in the bank and collect interest for five years. Then leave it there to cover any necessary repairs following basic warranty expiration. Most people don't keep cars as long as they think they will. If you get rid of the car earlier than expected you're not out any money.

There is a reason so many companies sell extended warranties these days: They make money on them. If the peace of mind you get from an extended warranty is worth the cost then buy one. Personally, I'm willing to accept the risk of driving without a warranty. Why? Because out-of-pocket repair costs for last four Fords I've owned beyond warranty do not add up to the price you quoted for the extended warranty you've been offered.

Reactions: ZQ8

bscheife

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I'm in the same boat as you, picking up in the next few weeks (in Canada also). I believe you can buy the extended warranty at any point before the manufacturer warranty expires (3 years). So our plan is to avoid buying it now and re-assess before the manufacturer warranty period expires.

We're also a hard no on the maintenance plan by the way. It seems ridiculously expensive for what mostly amounts to a few oil changes.

jhnvan

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco sport
I believe the service plan includes the suspension and brakes when they need to be done as well. I traded my escape that had an extended warranty and i just transfered it to the service plan on the bs. I'll 100% need the maintenance and i can get extended warranty later. In my case, it was the only way to get my money back on the trade

OP
OP
First Name
Pei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS 2023 Badland
I'm in the same boat as you, picking up in the next few weeks (in Canada also). I believe you can buy the extended warranty at any point before the manufacturer warranty expires (3 years). So our plan is to avoid buying it now and re-assess before the manufacturer warranty period expires.

We're also a hard no on the maintenance plan by the way. It seems ridiculously expensive for what mostly amounts to a few oil changes.
Really? Finance manager at my dealer told me both Ford offerred package - maintainance and extended warranty, expired once I left dealer; they even ask me to sign the paper which confirming I declined both at the point when I received my car. Maybe Canada is different than US?

OP
OP
First Name
Pei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS 2023 Badland
:) I would say Yes to the Ford Premium Care but what is the US dollar amount on that :question: But a big No to the maintenance package it's not usually worth the đź’° I don't know if Canada offers the Ford Pass Reward Points of 42,000 :) If they do .. In the US dollars that is like 225.00 and that also here in the Chicago market covers for almost 3 oil change depends on what the dealership charges :sunglasses:
Not that much in Canada, my sales told me, it was deposited in my Ford reward account, and it is only $200 CAD, $170ish USD I think.

bscheife

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Really? Finance manager at my dealer told me both Ford offerred package - maintainance and extended warranty, expired once I left dealer; they even ask me to sign the paper which confirming I declined both at the point when I received my car. Maybe Canada is different than US?
I’m pretty sure it’s industry standard to make it available anytime before the manufacturer warranty expires. We did it with our VW. Maybe call a different dealer and ask them if you want to be sure

OP
OP
First Name
Pei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS 2023 Badland
:sunglasses: Oh I did not know :shock: But I was also asking how much the Ford Premium Care was :sunglasses:
My dealer offers me $3,800ish CAD (2,800ish USD) for 60k KM to 8 Yrs, or $4,100ish CAD ($3,000ish USD)for 80K KM to 8 Yrs; my annual mileage is low, so this is why I get maybe less expensive.

C&C&C=The 3 Amigos !

Badlands
First Name
Christine(Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport BL
My dealer offers me $3,800ish CAD (2,800ish USD) for 60k KM to 8 Yrs, or $4,100ish CAD ($3,000ish USD)for 80K KM to 8 Yrs; my annual mileage is low, so this is why I get maybe less expensive.
:sunglasses: I think you got a great cost of the warranty for the miles and years :rockon:
Sponsored

Last edited: