Ford Canada Extended Warranties

acslater

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Did anyone purchase any of the extended warranties or rust proofing that the dealerships offered? Any thoughts?
Sponsored

Jonnie T

Badlands
First Name
Jonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Did anyone purchase any of the extended warranties or rust proofing that the dealerships offered? Any thoughts?
I did buy an extra 3 year full bumper to bumper warranty (except for headlights) for a total of 6yrs/120000K, but, didn't purchase the rust-proofing. Decided to go with Krown for that instead.

OP
OP

acslater

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
One employee said the extended warranty for sure and said pass on the rust proofing and FMPP. Another dealership pushed for all 3. That being said, it would be north of $10K Canadian if one were to purchase both the warranties for the maximum coverage I believe.

Justin

Big Bend
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Big Bend + BB
My dealership only asked if I was interested in the warranty - they told me the rust proofing and maintenance plan aren't really worth it at the prices they give. Ended up getting it rust-proofed far cheaper by a 3rd party and plan to do most maintenance myself.

Can you take advantage of the extended warranty even after the initial purchase? I'm likely trading this puppy in around the 3-4 year mark anyhow, but if I keep it for the full 5 and pay it off, I might just sit on it as a grocery-getter.

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
My dealership only asked if I was interested in the warranty - they told me the rust proofing and maintenance plan aren't really worth it at the prices they give. Ended up getting it rust-proofed far cheaper by a 3rd party and plan to do most maintenance myself.

Can you take advantage of the extended warranty even after the initial purchase? I'm likely trading this puppy in around the 3-4 year mark anyhow, but if I keep it for the full 5 and pay it off, I might just sit on it as a grocery-getter.
^^^ this. get an independent shop to do any paint or rustproofing. alot cheaper.

OP
OP

acslater

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport

Planning on doing the same once I have a chance to go in to the dealership and speak to the financing manager but I believe as long as it is prior to the years/ mileage. Also you have to pay in full versus if you purchased it with the vehicle they work it into the lease/financing options. :inspect:

Dantanman

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Buy Old Republic warranty. Cheaper and way better coverage. Trust me I know.
Sponsored