Cactus Gray Badlands or Outer Banks?

5Dogs

First Name
Toni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Hi all, thanks for accepting me into the group. I will be ordering my new baby soon and after a LOT of flipping, I think I've decided on Cactus Gray for the color. My 2 questions right now are 1) has anyone gotten their CG sport yet and if so, were you negatively surprised by the color? and 2) does anyone know why the Badlands has 5 cubic feet less in cargo space than the Outer Banks? (Even the dealer can't answer this one yet). I am really psyched to move forward with this!
Sponsored

Shiskamba

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Focus SE Hatch
Hi all, thanks for accepting me into the group. I will be ordering my new baby soon and after a LOT of flipping, I think I've decided on Cactus Gray for the color. My 2 questions right now are 1) has anyone gotten their CG sport yet and if so, were you negatively surprised by the color? and 2) does anyone know why the Badlands has 5 cubic feet less in cargo space than the Outer Banks? (Even the dealer can't answer this one yet). I am really psyched to move forward with this!
Less space is attributed to the cargo floor. Badlands come standard with a full size spare so it sits higher than a non Badlands (or non tow package). With tow package on lower trims the storage would be the same.

OP
OP

5Dogs

First Name
Toni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Less space is attributed to the cargo floor. Badlands come standard with a full size spare so it sits higher than a non Badlands (or non tow package). With tow package on lower trims the storage would be the same.
Makes sense, thanks!

Elboy

Badlands
First Name
Elden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
i have a cactus gray badlands, non BL pkg. i like the color. it definitely changes colors a lot lol. iā€™m a fan of this flat gray car manufacturers are putting on. Toyota has Lunar Rock and Cement, and Subaru also has a similar color with a blueish tint. I really like the color.

i wouldnā€™t say negatively surprised. itā€™s just interesting how different it looks under different lighting conditions.

OP
OP

5Dogs

First Name
Toni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
i have a cactus gray badlands, non BL pkg. i like the color. it definitely changes colors a lot lol. iā€™m a fan of this flat gray car manufacturers are putting on. Toyota has Lunar Rock and Cement, and Subaru also has a similar color with a blueish tint. I really like the color.

i wouldnā€™t say negatively surprised. itā€™s just interesting how different it looks under different lighting conditions.
Thanks, all of the pics look slightly different. What I don't want is a color that in anyway resembles the flatness of primer. Some people have said it looks like wet cement which I probably will not like. I want a light color but not white so this is the next lightest shade. I love the color in most of the pics I've seen.

Elboy

Badlands
First Name
Elden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Thanks, all of the pics look slightly different. What I don't want is a color that in anyway resembles the flatness of primer. Some people have said it looks like wet cement which I probably will not like. I want a light color but not white so this is the next lightest shade. I love the color in most of the pics I've seen.
ah i see. toyota actually has a ā€˜cementā€™ color which looks different tha. cactus gray. Cactus gray does have a hint of green/blue in some light which may help in your favor.

if you want a light shade maybe go silver?

OP
OP

5Dogs

First Name
Toni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
ah i see. toyota actually has a ā€˜cementā€™ color which looks different tha. cactus gray. Cactus gray does have a hint of green/blue in some light which may help in your favor.

if you want a light shade maybe go silver?
No silver, I want something different...cactus gray it will be, thanks.

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
Toyota has Lunar Rock and Cement, and Subaru also has a similar color with a blueish tint. I really like the color.
I decided on cactus gray color as well. I agree with you, Toyota's Lunar Rock color is similar to that, if just a bit darker. Not surprisingly Lunar Rock was my color of choice on new RAV4 before reconsidering Toyota.

OP
OP

5Dogs

First Name
Toni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
I decided on cactus gray color as well. I agree with you, Toyota's Lunar Rock color is similar to that, if just a bit darker. Not surprisingly Lunar Rock was my color of choice on new RAV4 before reconsidering Toyota.
We pulled the trigger today...Cactus Gray Badlands on order! First time in both of our lives that we've ordered a vehicle. We were both owners of the old Broncos & Bronco II in the past.

Fordfan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BRONCO SPORT OB
We pulled the trigger today...Cactus Gray Badlands on order! First time in both of our lives that we've ordered a vehicle. We were both owners of the old Broncos & Bronco II in the past.
Didn't they give you an eta?.......Love the Cactus!!

OP
OP

5Dogs

First Name
Toni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Didn't they give you an eta?.......Love the Cactus!!
Only said production should begin in 4 to 6 weeks. Will be received after our "normal" timeframe for snow. Guess we'll have to test it in sand.

TeryM

Big Bend
First Name
Tery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco

Cactus gray definitely tricks the eye depending on the light.. Some days looks blue and other days a greenish tinge. The Color phi phenomenon.

Central Jersey

Big Bend
First Name
Mordechai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport big Bend
I have a Big Bend in cactus gray. I bought it site unseen from the dealers lot. The picture on the dealers website the color was way off. (I didnā€™t look at the colors on fords website) I think it looks good. Got a lot of complements on the vehicle and the color of it.

OP
OP

5Dogs

First Name
Toni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
I have a Big Bend in cactus gray. I bought it site unseen from the dealers lot. The picture on the dealers website the color was way off. (I didnā€™t look at the colors on fords website) I think it looks good. Got a lot of complements on the vehicle and the color of it.
Thanks, I think I'll be please...glad yoy were!

OP
OP

5Dogs

First Name
Toni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Cactus gray definitely tricks the eye depending on the light.. Some days looks blue and other days a greenish tinge. The Color phi phenomenon.
Thanks....I just didn't want it to look like a glossy primer.
Sponsored