Buying a new BS Big Ben

PonyDriver43

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang EB Premium, 13 F150 Lariat, 18 Tahoe
If the new BB is what you want, in today's market, go for it. As others have stated, increased used market right now makes up for if you can get real close to MSRP. Carvana gave me $5K over what best dealer trade offer for my Mustang.
Sponsored

RS1

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Big Bend with sunroof is common as common sense. Grab it.

CaptainCrud

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I've also found a new First Edition. MSRP 40.3, they ask for 50k. If I could get it for 42k or less I'd probably do it.
50K for a bronco sport is absurd in my opinion. If I was in that price bracket, I probably would have just ordered a Defender.

The real question, as a few others have mentioned is will the Big Bend be exactly what you want? There are plenty of stories on here about people regretting their initial purchase and selling them to get a Badlands.

Will you regret not having some of the more comfort/luxury that Outer Banks offers or the off-road capabilities and engine power that Badlands brings? The price difference between models is not extreme.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Do what makes you feel good. No one else’s opinion really matters. If the price matches what you are willing to pay, you’re golden!

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Not wanting to be the skeptic, but until you are actually at the dealer, you don't have any deal. All kinds of things can be said over the phone, hopefully things will work in your favor and the dealer will honor the price you negotiated on the phone. Good luck.

OP
OP
Alistar

Alistar

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Will you regret not having some of the more comfort/luxury that Outer Banks offers or the off-road capabilities and engine power that Badlands brings? The price difference between models is not extreme.
Yes got it! And I couldn't be happier right now!!
Had to drive it for an hour+ to came back home. Here are my first impressions:

Is not the 2.0 or my 2.3 mustang, don't have that heavy quick acceleration, but honestly... Is not bad at all! Accelerates well and goes fast enough. I like the sport mode, I think is the way to go for normal use.
I don't have that 4x4 with all the fancy modes, but... even if I got it I was going to use it maybe once or twice in my life... I think the AWD with the extra modes is more than most people need for regular use unless you really go off-road often, which is not my case.

This Big Bend is loaded up with all the extras. (powered and heated seats, wrap leather steering wheel, upgraded 18" wheels, co-pilot 360, reverse sensors, power moonroof...)
I think the Outer Banks just adds a black roof and leather wrap seats (which a rather not have on summer time...). Moonroof and co-pilot still an option on the Outer Banks.

I think I made the right choice and this should be the way to go for someone who doesn't needs to off-road a lot. Really happy so far.

Thank you guys for all your recommendations!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Alistar

Alistar

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Not wanting to be the skeptic, but until you are actually at the dealer, you don't have any deal. All kinds of things can be said over the phone, hopefully things will work in your favor and the dealer will honor the price you negotiated on the phone. Good luck.
Thanks! I've just got it and he kept the deal. Really happy I finally got what I wanted.

OP
OP
Alistar

Alistar

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Do what makes you feel good. No one else’s opinion really matters. If the price matches what you are willing to pay, you’re golden!
Thank you! Was a little worry about how the 1.5 was going to do in the highway and it works great. Driving in town and using the sport mode the car does really good too.

It would be nicer to have the 2.0? Of course! Even know it will sacrifice gas consumption.
Is the 2.0 necessary or a must for this car? For regular driving, absolutely not.

JAD67428

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport. 1994 Ford Mustang GT.
Congrats, I was going to tell you to grab it, I have a BigBend with the sunroof an love it,

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Congrats! Enjoy it for sure. Got a pic to share at all? Everybody likes seeing those.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Yes got it! And I couldn't be happier right now!!
Had to drive it for an hour+ to came back home.
Hi option Big Bens (or is it Bend?) are not common esp with the moon roofs. So you are not going to see a lot of high option ones in that trim level. Sounds like a pretty cool ride to me.

OP
OP
Alistar

Alistar

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Congrats! Enjoy it for sure. Got a pic to share at all? Everybody likes seeing those.
I will post a picture soon. Thanks!
Sponsored

Last edited:
Reactions: MJE