Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hello,

I'll probably buy a BB tomorrow after hunting prices for a week. Right now is hard to find any Bronco Sport (specially with packages) and dealerships are trying to add an extra 3k to 10K on top of the MSRP. I want the Big Ben package with solar roof, building that car on Ford's website gives me a price of 33K.

I was going to reserve it and probably wait 3-4 months for it, but then I found the exact same car at one dealerships. Gave them a call and after discussing the price for about a day I got a final price of 35.5k. They also offer for my trade in car 2k more than other dealerships, which will cover most of the difference.

Do you guys think is a good deal nowadays?
Sponsored

Thinbluebronco

Big Bend
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150
What are they offering you for your used vehicle? What will Carvana offer?

If I could save $3,000 by waiting three months, I would. I think paying nearly 10% over MSRP for a vehicle is ridiculous.

OP
OP
Alistar

Alistar

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
What are they offering you for your used vehicle? What will Carvana offer?

If I could save $3,000 by waiting three months, I would. I think paying nearly 10% over MSRP for a vehicle is ridiculous.
22k for my 17 Mustang ecoboost, Carmax offers me 22.8k. Never used carvana, I'll give it a shot.

It's actually less than 1k above MSRP, this one have all the extras, like upgraded wheels and the pilot 360 package that I didn't add to my build.

Prices are insane right know, they are trying to sell used BB for almost 40k with no packages. I've never seen a used car cost more than brand new.

I could wait, but my car is going to lose value if the new cars production starts to pick up. I thought was a good moment to sell my car.

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Honestly it sounds good to me if you’re getting it <$1K above MSRP, and also realizing that value more on your used trade. I’ll tell everybody who’ll listen, I think the extra 360+ with the adaptive cruise is well worth it. Now seems to be the time if you want to switch to take advantage of used pricing. That was my plan, but I wanted to order & get exactly what I want, recognizing that values might not be quite there by the time my order comes in. So be it. Good luck with it!

CaptainCrud

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
22k for my 17 Mustang ecoboost, Carmax offers me 22.8k. Never used carvana, I'll give it a shot.

It's actually less than 1k above MSRP, this one have all the extras, like upgraded wheels and the pilot 360 package that I didn't add to my build.

Prices are insane right know, they are trying to sell used BB for almost 40k with no packages. I've never seen a used car cost more than brand new.

I could wait, but my car is going to lose value if the new cars production starts to pick up. I thought was a good moment to sell my car.
It is a great moment to sell your car. I got almost 3K over blue book for a car that was totaled. Unfortunately, it is not a great moment to subsequently buy another car.

I too was hugely put off by the used vehicle market. So I ended up putting in a custom order and waiting several months. Waiting can be hard and not everyone will be able to do so if they need a vehicle now. But I was able to get exactly the vehicle I wanted, no screwing around, and I paid sticker price on it with zero dealer mark up.

When you custom order a vehicle (and make sure your price is locked in), the current market and the dealer have much less power over your purchase

OP
OP
Alistar

Alistar

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Honestly it sounds good to me if you’re getting it <$1K above MSRP, and also realizing that value more on your used trade. I’ll tell everybody who’ll listen, I think the extra 360+ with the adaptive cruise is well worth it. Now seems to be the time if you want to switch to take advantage of used pricing. That was my plan, but I wanted to order & get exactly what I want, recognizing that values might not be quite there by the time my order comes in. So be it. Good luck with it!
Thanks for your opinion. I'm thinking the same way, is a good moment to trade in a used car. Bought my Mustang new for 27k, they're offering me 5k less with 43k miles.

OP
OP
Alistar

Alistar

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I've also found a new First Edition. MSRP 40.3, they ask for 50k. If I could get it for 42k or less I'd probably do it.

OP
OP
Alistar

Alistar

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
It is a great moment to sell your car. I got almost 3K over blue book for a car that was totaled. Unfortunately, it is not a great moment to subsequently buy another car.
Thanks for sharing. What I'm seeing after a week looking is that trading in a used for a new car is worth it nowadays as long you can find the car you want for little more than MSRP.

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Have you driven any model of the BS?
I would do that first and then decide.
The 2.0 liter models run pretty good and since you have an EcoBoost Mustang, the difference in performance won't be as great as compared to the 1.5 liter models. Obviously the 2.0 liter models are a bit more pricey, but worth it with all the mechanical upgrades they have.

OP
OP
Alistar

Alistar

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Have you driven any model of the BS?
I would do that first and then decide.
The 2.0 liter models run pretty good and since you have an EcoBoost Mustang, the difference in performance won't be as great as compared to the 1.5 liter models. Obviously the 2.0 liter models are a bit more pricey, but worth it with all the mechanical upgrades they have.
Only test drive an outer banks. Had the choice to test first edition but I don't want to torture myself haha

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Some look at it this way…the little you are paying over MSRP is washed in the increase you get for your used vehicle. If that Big Bend is what you want then go for it. If you do not need to absolutely replace at the moment and the BB does not have everything you want then order it.

I ordered mine because I want a fully massively loaded Badlands with exactly what I want in the color I want and I can wait. I figure my used vehicle will still be worth a good amount in Jan or Feb when hopefully my BS comes.

It is all an individual decision on what you want and when
Sponsored