Tom 5778

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cyber Orange OB, Factory Five Racing roadster
Well, my wife does keep describing my new cyber orange OB as “cute”.
Sponsored

cgparsons1983

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Yeah I see a lot of women driving sports, but I live in Idaho and I also see tons of women basically driving monster trucks. If I was going to compete with Idaho women over who's more manly, I will lose every time so I don't even try.

Phillip-AB

Badlands
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I just checked in with my 2021 BSBL. It says it identifies as a Himalaya Land Rover Defender 110 EV (see attached). I KNEW there was something special about my Bronco! :)

Ford Bronco Sport "Bronco Sports are for chicks" Screen Shot 2022-03-14 at 1.04.56 PM

BroncoSport57

Base
First Name
davo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
After enthusiastically talking about my Bronco Sport (and pending delivery), I was told (multiple times), that it's a "chick" car. ?

I'm a "chick" and I take offense to that! Rude.

Baloney , everyone knows Mazda Miatas are chick's cars ( I kid I kid).

Sounds like someone who's brain power is reduced by the size of their car payment.

In the Harley Davidson world the same is said at times about Sportsters even though they are quicker then the big bikes and tend to look more like a motorcycle as opposed to the baggars that look like a Barcalounger.

I've got the entry level which is fine, a little more engine would be nice but I had to replace totaled vehicle quickly.

BroncoStar

Big Bend
First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Well forum..Im 65 retired and guess what I drive since december?? and ask me if I care if is women,, man,, lbgttG+ or whatever..if I like it and have the money or credit score to finance it..I go for it...worst case scenario if some body mention I can say is my wife car or daugther Im checking something!!??

Mogi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
After enthusiastically talking about my Bronco Sport (and pending delivery), I was told (multiple times), that it's a "chick" car. ?

I'm a "chick" and I take offense to that! Rude.
Tell that little pecker dude to drive his jolly wagon over here and say it to my face.
Any beta sh!t saying that would be the first to p!ss their sh!t being on some situations I’ve been.

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands

Mogi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Tell that little pecker dude to drive his jolly wagon over here and say it to my face.
Any beta sh!t saying that would be the first to p!ss their sh!t being on some situations I’ve been.
But really though, any douche who says that is trying to say it in a disrespectful manner, that’s the problem. Plenty of women I’d rather fight with than many men.
You guys need to nip that sh!t real quick, but that’s on a personal level✋ if they say that. It has nothing to do with the vehicle, nothing to do with women (but maybe their view to them), it’s more about their view about YOUR choices. Hope that wasn’t a ‘friend’ because they are obviously not. ?
Men, y’all gotta be different

fistpumpbruh

Badlands
First Name
Karson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus ST st3
Some consider the Mazda Miata to be a "chick car". I've owned two, despite the fact that I'm 6'3".
Ayoo, another Miata/BS owner here, glad to see another man with true taste! I have a crystal blue NB2 that I absolutely adore. I really only get attention from little girls who think it's a, quote, "Barbie car", old ladies and other Miata bros who know what's up.

Best damn car I've ever driven, let the haters hate, more Miata for me ?‍♂

Moltenburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL w prem, 360, shelf. VW Arteon
Ayoo, another Miata/BS owner here, glad to see another man with true taste! I have a crystal blue NB2 that I absolutely adore. I really only get attention from little girls who think it's a, quote, "Barbie car", old ladies and other Miata bros who know what's up.

Best damn car I've ever driven, let the haters hate, more Miata for me ?‍♂
Also a owner of 2 Miata a 95 M-edition and a 2018 Club Sport. Just had a baby but told wife her first car will be a Miata. Lol

Ford Bronco Sport "Bronco Sports are for chicks" 20190618_124814

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport

delm

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS Badlands; '23 BS Badlands; BMW X3, X7
I actually had a lot of fun with my Econ bachelors! Most of it not in class however… ?

Interesting though that you mention the challenger. Dodge’s whole image (since we’re discussing car images) really came about from one commercial, which started off innocently enough, but really has come to define who they are as a car brand.

Because of the way dodge is perceived, I won’t set foot in their dealerships. Old cars, old ways of doing business, old attitudes. & absolutely everybody I know that is a dodge fan, perhaps most notably my ex, just exudes low class.

& here I am arguing against typecasting cars as for a particular group by arguing the BS isn’t a chick car & to ignore that…. Oops.
There is definitely truth in that cars are marketed very carefully for the image the manufacturer wants to create. Sometimes I care about that image, and sometimes I don't. Most of the time, I care more when it's an image I hate than when it's one I'm neutral, ambivalent, or even one I connect with. Like you, I do not like Dodge and won't be driving one.

Some years ago, Nissan had a commercial for their Nissan Frontier. I'd liked Nissan Frontiers, and then this commercial came out. It showed a Nissan in slow motion, sliding over mud and ruts, with all four tires spinning and shooting mud up into the air. I don't recall the entire narration, but it was talking about the aggressive appearance of the truck. I do recall the last sentence of the narration. With a low, gravely voice (may have been Sam Elliot...or somebody that sounded just like him), the narrator said that the Nissan Frontier just says to the other drivers on the road, "Get out of my way!"

And I thought, "wow - I see drivers all the time that think everybody else needs to get out of their way. They are asses. I hate everything about where Nissan is going with this."

delm

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS Badlands; '23 BS Badlands; BMW X3, X7
You know - with some exceptions, marketers largely ignore you after you turn 50. Yeah - sure - there are certainly somethings that target you whatever age you are, but the majority of mass marketing is laser focused at people from early 20's to about age 50. After that, most marketers figure they've either got you for life, or will never have you. If you shave with Gillette, for example, Schick stops trying to sell you their razors. They figure you'll shave with Gillette forever. People have brand loyalty typically fairly locked in by age 50. You like what you like, and will probably die buying it at that point.

Even so, I've always been a bit impervious to brand images, and now that I'm over 50, probably more so. I have always loved Mini Cooper, although I've heard it's a "chick car", a "geek car", a "whatever else" car. I don't know about any of that, but I do know that they are an absolutely blast to drive.

If the BS is marketed specifically for some segment, that went right over my head. I like it, and that's all I know.
Sponsored