Bronco Sport vs Honda CR-V or Passport?

MoFoCo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit 250, VW eGolf, 2021 Badlands
CR-V...Yawn. That goes for every other egg-shaped crossover/compact SUV, they all look the same and compromise their cargo capacity with the sloping rear profile.

I looked at the Passport when it first came out, but it seemed overpriced for what it was, just a smaller version of the uninspiring Pilot. Had a 1st gen Ridgeline years ago, it was a dream to drive but it didn't do truck things as well as I needed it to. Ground clearance was painfully low and it overheated the transmission when towing.

I do miss the smooth power and transmission of the Ridgeline. The BL has the power but it does lag and the transmission insists on lugging the motor on hills. Sport mode solves this but then it's jerky and buzzy at low speed. I'd still choose the BS hands down over any of the other SUVs in the segment due to the superior off-road capability and the high roof.
Sponsored

Cjdicesare

Outer Banks
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Outer Banks and Lincoln MKC
I went from a Dodge Dakota to a Pontiac G5 to a Jeep Patriot. When that died I drove a Jeep Cherokee then a Ram 1500. After 3 years of paying $120 a week in gas I wanted something less gas hog. I was going to get a Jeep Compass Trailhawk but I went to look at it and price it out and they were like $48,000. I said no way for the a compass. Then I found the Maverick and loved the look of that. But as we know you can’t get one of them with a decent spec. I test drove a BS OBX and loved it. I bought it on the spot and then went home and did research and discovered the Badlands. I had a little buyers remorse because all the cool extra buttons but I don’t really off road just a little beach driving in the summer which I think the OBX can do.

what I will say about the BS, it’s not my favorite car I’ve ever owned, but I would say tied for second place. You never lose your love for your first car and the Dodge Dakota will always be my number one love. But I will say the Jeep Patriot and BS are tied as my second favorite, with the BS probably edging out the Jeep. I have no issue with the “small” engine, I find it nippy enough and the 8.2 second 0-60 is quicker then many 4 cylinders when you look it up like in the Subaru, my brother drives. I getting like 29.3 miles per gallon which is wonderful compared to my Ram 1500. And it just looks cool. Nice heated seats and steering wheel, beautiful retractable sunroof and comfortable seats.

What isn’t my favorite about it:
  1. The infotainment system is boring, but I use CarPlay anyway. I bought a wireless CarPlay adaptor and it works great don’t even need to plug phone in.
  2. The wireless charger is garbage. Bought an adaptor that fits over the top of the wireless charger that has a MagSafe charger that is better.
  3. The ground clearance isn’t very high I will be putting a lift kit in it.
  4. And no designated snow mode you kinda have to guess when to use sand and slippery when in snow.
  5. I find it a little loud on the highway. I find myself increasing music or podcast volume to drown out highway driving noises I never had to do in y other cars.

none of these are deal breakers but wouldn’t have been difficult to improve. Overall very fun and I highly recommend the BS to anyone shopping for a great car.

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I haven’t had a CR-V, but did have an MDX prior to the BSBL. It was old (2007) & quite outdated but so comfortable & easy to road trip in. Another vehicle I do miss. I may check one out again when it gets refreshed for 25 & catches up to Ford’s 2020s tech.
Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport vs Honda CR-V or Passport? 1710004449448

RogueRodney

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Badlands Atlas Blue Metallic
Btw that was quite a book, I did enjoy the read! You must be an author or into writing. What career are you into?
I'm a data analyst, when I'm waiting for something to upload/download or process I have to figure out something to do that keeps me at the computer or I lose track of what I'm doing...

I also type ridiculously fast (compared to most people)...

RR

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I'm a data analyst, when I'm waiting for something to upload/download or process I have to figure out something to do that keeps me at the computer or I lose track of what I'm doing...

I also type ridiculously fast (compared to most people)...

RR
What does a data analyst do? I know I could google that but from you we might get a story

RogueRodney

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Badlands Atlas Blue Metallic
What does a data analyst do? I know I could google that but from you we might get a story
Dude:

There are all different types, but I pull sales related information together using SQL, look for patterns/trends, etc to either cut costs or accelerate sales and build dashboards to "tell a story" to provide information to managers to make decisions that will enable them to meet their goals.

It pays well, I work with a great company and have good benefits, and it is fun. I don't get out much unfortunately...

Envious of the young lady that is a park ranger on here... I would love to do that someday...

RR

BLUEOVALRACER

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
CR-V...Yawn. That goes for every other egg-shaped crossover/compact SUV, they all look the same and compromise their cargo capacity with the sloping rear profile.

I looked at the Passport when it first came out, but it seemed overpriced for what it was, just a smaller version of the uninspiring Pilot. Had a 1st gen Ridgeline years ago, it was a dream to drive but it didn't do truck things as well as I needed it to. Ground clearance was painfully low and it overheated the transmission when towing.

I do miss the smooth power and transmission of the Ridgeline. The BL has the power but it does lag and the transmission insists on lugging the motor on hills. Sport mode solves this but then it's jerky and buzzy at low speed. I'd still choose the BS hands down over any of the other SUVs in the segment due to the superior off-road capability and the high roof.
I have the Pedal Max on my BS BB with the 1.5 Eco Boost and it improved the Throttle Response big time and the transmission downshifts faster that could help your lugging problem some it helped mine!!And No it's not like Sport Mode the throttle response is improved and it doesn't hang in the lower gears like in Sport Mode!!

BLUEOVALRACER

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
I went from a Dodge Dakota to a Pontiac G5 to a Jeep Patriot. When that died I drove a Jeep Cherokee then a Ram 1500. After 3 years of paying $120 a week in gas I wanted something less gas hog. I was going to get a Jeep Compass Trailhawk but I went to look at it and price it out and they were like $48,000. I said no way for the a compass. Then I found the Maverick and loved the look of that. But as we know you can’t get one of them with a decent spec. I test drove a BS OBX and loved it. I bought it on the spot and then went home and did research and discovered the Badlands. I had a little buyers remorse because all the cool extra buttons but I don’t really off road just a little beach driving in the summer which I think the OBX can do.

what I will say about the BS, it’s not my favorite car I’ve ever owned, but I would say tied for second place. You never lose your love for your first car and the Dodge Dakota will always be my number one love. But I will say the Jeep Patriot and BS are tied as my second favorite, with the BS probably edging out the Jeep. I have no issue with the “small” engine, I find it nippy enough and the 8.2 second 0-60 is quicker then many 4 cylinders when you look it up like in the Subaru, my brother drives. I getting like 29.3 miles per gallon which is wonderful compared to my Ram 1500. And it just looks cool. Nice heated seats and steering wheel, beautiful retractable sunroof and comfortable seats.

What isn’t my favorite about it:
  1. The infotainment system is boring, but I use CarPlay anyway. I bought a wireless CarPlay adaptor and it works great don’t even need to plug phone in.
  2. The wireless charger is garbage. Bought an adaptor that fits over the top of the wireless charger that has a MagSafe charger that is better.
  3. The ground clearance isn’t very high I will be putting a lift kit in it.
  4. And no designated snow mode you kinda have to guess when to use sand and slippery when in snow.
  5. I find it a little loud on the highway. I find myself increasing music or podcast volume to drown out highway driving noises I never had to do in y other cars.

none of these are deal breakers but wouldn’t have been difficult to improve. Overall very fun and I highly recommend the BS to anyone shopping for a great car.
If you want better throttle Response from the little 1.5 Eco Boost try the JMS Pedal Max you won't be sorry!!
Sponsored