RHCT

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I've just returned from a 5-day trip to Maine, in my 2021 Bronco Sport Base purchased just 2 weeks prior. I have to say, after owning an Audi (A3 and Q7) for the past 12 years, this car is a refreshingly simple vehicle with a delightfully analog feel. I absolutely love the elemental design and quality of this vehicle. I looked for a Base with no bells and whistles, as I was wanting the most stripped-down model of this new variant of the Bronco flag. To-date, I have not been disappointed, rather I've been surprised at the myriad of clever features the Bronco Sport has.

I spent the first 2 nights camping, and the last 3 staying with friends well off the coast of Acadia National Park, but had the opportunity to on and off-road this vehicle in wet and dry conditions.

I'm in love with the scale and proportions, and frankly surprised by how many people want to talk about what I'm driving. Importantly (to me), I'm in the design field and needed / wanted to get away from the 'keeping up with the jones' mentality that so many of my colleagues have fallen prey to, so it's refreshing for me (personally) to depart from a decades-long devotion to European cars (BMW, Audi, VW) and get back to a car that is just plain fun. Kudos to everyone on this forum for your enthusiasm. Just sharing mine, to boot!

A few images below from my trip...

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Takes 5-Day Trip to Maine BS_Acadia

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Takes 5-Day Trip to Maine BS_Desert

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Takes 5-Day Trip to Maine BS_Brooklin
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I'm heading to Maine next week. I'll be making a day trip while I'm up there to Arcadia National Park and to drive on "Bubble Pond Carriage road" I heard it's beautiful.

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
same here, love my base model!
great pics!

FirsandFire

Big Bend
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Bronco sports and Maine go together like apple pie and vanilla ice cream.

I took mine to Maine for a couple weeks in June and put about 1300 miles on it. It was a good break-in and a great trip.

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Takes 5-Day Trip to Maine 2C789BB3-8B33-407B-B501-AE9844160E22

RS1

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Hard to beat Maine for a getaway or even a place to contemplate living. Add in a Bronco Sport and……….,,,

Rinzler

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
A huge reason why I bought mine was to get up there. I’ve driven during ski seasons but have lots and friends and family who frequent it during the “nicer” weather. I’m looking forward to all seasons up there.

DMEARC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2021 BS OB
I’m also a fan of the size and proportions. I overheard a man who is apparently much manlier than all of us combined badmouthing the Sport recently. “It’s so small I don’t even consider it a Bronco.”

I’m not sure what he drives. A tank maybe? Anyway, for the rest of us who have nothing to prove, the Sport is great alternative to the behemoth SUVs that are clogging up the roads.

FirsandFire

Big Bend
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I’m also a fan of the size and proportions. I overheard a man who is apparently much manlier than all of us combined badmouthing the Sport recently. “It’s so small I don’t even consider it a Bronco.”

I’m not sure what he drives. A tank maybe? Anyway, for the rest of us who have nothing to prove, the Sport is great alternative to the behemoth SUVs that are clogging up the roads.
The same type of person why daily drives a dually pickup truck, keeps the tow mirrors flipped out and doesn't even own a trailer to pull. I'm with you, the size of the sport is perfect for 95% of what I do.

DMEARC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2021 BS OB
The same type of person why daily drives a dually pickup truck, keeps the tow mirrors flipped out and doesn't even own a trailer to pull. I'm with you, the size of the sport is perfect for 95% of what I do.
Lol, yep!

If someone genuinely needs a big vehicle, that’s fine. But the hate I’ve seen lately just because the Sport is not 23 feet long, 9 feet tall, and diesel powered is just silly.

I agree, the vast majority of what I need to do is covered by the Sport.

Molson

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Big Bend BS; '13 Subaru Impreza

Not to mention the fact that it is pretty much the same size as the original Explorer suv. Everything has just gotten big recently.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
same here, love my base model!
great pics!
Yep my Black Base does everything I ask of it. I like the simplistic approach.
Never was a bells and whistles type.
Best Base feature is the Under $30,000 part.
For some people less is truly more?.
Sponsored